New build: True SRT-6.7

syrupdawg

GA Diesel Mafia
Heres the background. 3 Aprils ago I bought a true SRT 10 truck from a guy that Chuck Rucker knew. It was a rolling chassis and I had the intention of putting a cummins in it for a fun street truck. It is a 2004 and has 29k miles and some change on it. The interior still has that new car smell.
driversside_zpsf97c52da.jpg

sideview_zps245eeea7.jpg

With all my race truck taking up time the year that I bought the truck I didnt get to mess with the truck much. i knew I wanted to put a common rail in the truck and make everything look and function like factory. I could have just thrown a fairly built 12 valve in it pretty cheap but I didnt feel it would do the truck justice. It definately would have been the easier route but I just couldnt picture the truck that way so I waited. Well last year I bought a house and 300 acres so that pretty much threw out all of my spare money so it delayed the build even more.

Fast foward another year and I find a smoking deal on a complete 6.7 cummins engine out of a 2010 with 68k miles on it! So this past Sunday I went and picked up the engine and its got me motivated to get back on the truck.
engine_zpsbeb66cbf.jpeg

Current plans are to just get the engine in the truck and get everything working like factory. Im going to put a t4 manifold on it and a s400 as a single for the time being. Its going to remain stock injectors and cp3 for now. Im going to put a 47re behind it and control it with a PCS. The rearend currently has 4.10 gears in the rear but Im going to swap the ring and pinion to a 3.54 set which is the lowest I can get for the super dana 60. I bought a early 2004 wiring harness several years ago. Its a complete firewall foward harness so I just pulled all the wires from the front of the truck already. Im going to use one of Lees pigtail harness's for it so I can tune it with EFI live.

Future plans are building the engine. Basic stuff, ported head, billet rods, bigger injectors and cp3, and some quite large twins. Im going to 4-link the truck with a 9" rearend so I will have some taller gear options. Once I get all the bugs worked out and the rear end done Im going to strip the entire truck down to the frame and have it painted. There wont be a bolt on this truck that wont be powdercoated when its completed. My goal is to have a very stout street truck that is SO clean you could eat off of it!

Im starting this thread because I know Im going to have some questions on this build. I have some extra motivation as a couple years ago after I bought the truck I joined the SRT 10 forum. I asked them a few questions and told them my plans for the truck and they told me I was wasting a perfectly good truck. Every year they have a SRT 10 rally in Panama City Beach. When I get the truck done I plan to take it down there and prove that my truck with the diesel will put them v10 engines to shame in power and fuel mileage.

I look foward to keeping everyone updated on this build as it progresses!

I LOVE your motivation! ha ha

Looks like it is going to be one awesome SRT6*

Also, you are planning on keeping it RWD like the SRT10's correct? Why not do a swap to 4wd while you're at it?

Looks good, can't wait for some updates. Going to be a bad ass street truck when it's finished.

Less posting. More working. This thing will be sweet when done. Hell, I'll bet an EFI tuned 6.7 with an s400 and built trans in something that light would run or out run most stock srt's.

That's gonna be a bad mofo! I've talked to some srt 10 guys at the track and they usually talk down to me for my diesels. They change their minds when the turbos come to life during staging though.LOL

There aren't many sport trucks that can get 20 or even possibly 30+ mpg and run 10's. Go get em man!:rockwoot:

Thank y'all for the compliments. Hopefully I can find some time to get the engine in the frame soon but im also in the middle of a fummins build on my girlfriends truck and trying to get the race truck back together. Not to mention planting cotton and peanuts and picking wheat!

God... All of this 2wd rc auto jazz. Makes me want one.

Jealous jealous jealous! Makes my Ram 1500 Cr swap look boring! But hurry up and get it done , that's going to be way cool!

B!tchin!! Gonna be a sweet ride as everyone's already mentioned.

great looking truck, looking forward to seeing results

Back