New class thoughts??

Craig_C

Resident Smartass
Any thoughts ever given to a street truck class? True Street Diesel, make the vehicles be street legal, titled and licensed, and require a cruise like some of the other organizations do. Id love to see a heads up class for real street vehicles. I belive theres alot of trucks out there that will run faster than the 11.90 index but are not nearly fast enough for the super street class, since it looks as that class is headed for the 9's very shortly!!

i would think a fast bracket class would be the easiest to put to work, then you could douple dip and get more competitors running.. or you thinking another index class?

Index everything....6.00 index. 8.0 index 10.0 index 12.0 and et.....have safety for that classes time and roll. Lets quit addding more classes to an already small turnout.

Any thoughts ever given to a street truck class? True Street Diesel, make the vehicles be street legal, titled and licensed, and require a cruise like some of the other organizations do. Id love to see a heads up class for real street vehicles. I belive theres alot of trucks out there that will run faster than the 11.90 index but are not nearly fast enough for the super street class, since it looks as that class is headed for the 9's very shortly!!

Problem is guys like us. Our super street truck is street legal, titled and licensed. We drove it from the Mission track event, to Abbotsford for BD's dyno event, over to a suppliers shop, and then back to the track. It has already run 9's multiple times. It is a little loud and annoying to drive on the street, but perfectly capable.

I am with phooker, we don't need anymore classes as lots of races, other then brackets and super diesel, it is hard to even get a full field. Other then I would do a 6.50, 8.50, 9.50, 11.50 and then et. Just to line up with safety requirements better.

Last edited:
Index everything....6.00 index. 8.0 index 10.0 index 12.0 and et.....have safety for that classes time and roll. Lets quit addding more classes to an already small turnout.

I think that index would even trucks up a bit better, and still allow stockish vehicles to run a class too.

I agree with this 100% and would love to see it happen.

I have always liked index racing. I hope one of the outlaw races will give index classes a try next season. The problem is so many people think that if its not heads up its going to be a boring race.

Last edited:
Problem is guys like us. Our super street truck is street legal, titled and licensed. We drove it from the Mission track event, to Abbotsford for BD's dyno event, over to a suppliers shop, and then back to the track. It has already run 9's multiple times. It is a little loud and annoying to drive on the street, but perfectly capable.

I am with phooker, we don't need anymore classes as lots of races, other then brackets and super diesel, it is hard to even get a full field. Other then I would do a 6.50, 8.50, 9.50, 11.50 and then et. Just to line up with safety requirements better.

Yeah, your truck may be legal, but is it capable of hot lapping like they do at the other events?

And I dont know what the other events are like, but Indy sure seemed like a good turnout to me?

I like the index class idea, even more so when I had my 4wd. The super street class is very impressive to me. Those guys are going fast with real street trucks, which has always been my goal. The pro street class is a little different. While a few of the trucks are still streetable, it seems like more and more of them can't even drive to the staging lanes without help from a golf cart or side by side. But there just arent enough trucks to split those kind from the true pro street trucks. And they are fun to watch.

I agree, coordinating the classes with the safety cutoff's would make more sense. But the reason I say drop it so low like that, is so it's still a wideopen racing class for the dragsters and prostock trucks that run those times. Prostreet could work with the 8.50. But 9.50 is a little to close to the "prostreet" time. Doing a 10.0 index would make the quick "superstreet" trucks step up...and it would go back to what the class was supposed to be for the most part. Granted, if a "prostreet" truck was having an off day, he could back up to the 10.0 class if the motor wasn't 100%.

We can't even fill the classes in place already, changing classes won't bring more competitiors, the guys who complain about the classes are the slower guys who don't win, and yes that includes me but we still get out there. When we actually get 100 trucks to each event then I think I classes should be looked at. Just my thoughts

I don't think this will necessarily bring more competitors out, but it will give somebody a set bar to build something for. Rather than the SS bar getting driven further down into the 9's.

I do agree that the SS and PS trucks are very close in performance. But the rules are not.

Pro street trucks with full 4 links (some front and rear) racing transmissions, 4500 lbs, full slicks.

Super Street trucks are still basically a street truck, stock suspensions, tires, oem trannys and 6000lbs.

With the rules, you would think there would be a huge differences in times, but that has not happened. Not sure what the answer is, but I don't see that anything is really broken with the system now, outside of not enough trucks.

Rob we know you don't want any changes cause your at the top of the game, your a 9.30 truck who complains about no competition in superstreet for you but yet you won't run prostreet at an event like indy where you might lose, yes i know this is a bold statement, don't be mad, but facts are facts

I'm not mad, I run pro street all the time, you were not at Texas were you. I ran Stuckey. Get the POS blue truck running correctly and not all cobbled up and you could be a contender. I built the truck for super street, don't be a hater if you can't compete in the class just because some can.

Please try and find a quote of me complaining about the classes, I've never back away from a race. Sure didn't take much to get your panties in a knot LOL

Rob we know you don't want any changes cause your at the top of the game, your a 9.30 truck who complains about no competition in superstreet for you but yet you won't run prostreet at an event like indy where you might lose, yes i know this is a bold statement, don't be mad, but facts are facts

Show me where I have ever complained about no competition, I don't like bull ****ters. Build a truck that can beat me or shut the hell up about me.

Back