new from Texas (5+ years ago)

This is what I want to do to this thread...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzZu8nLUNI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzZu8nLUNI[/ame]

christines bus

PS_BUS_HA.GIF

I'm sure the boys will love to hear I was driving around a lovely, flat bed, first gen this weekend... and yes, it was manual! :stab: Pinky truck was a little jealous, but she forgave me on our drive back home :lolly:

I'm sure the boys will love to hear I was driving around a lovely, flat bed, first gen this weekend... and yes, it was manual! :stab: Pinky truck was a little jealous, but she forgave me on our drive back home :lolly:

That's a step in the right direction... Haha!

I'll do my part to help the 3K cause.

How is the hunting down there?

That's a step in the right direction... Haha!

I'll do my part to help the 3K cause.

How is the hunting down there?

HAHA not really bif... I refuse to convert! My boy sure does try hard, but Pinky truck is still my #1! :ford:

The 3k cause? LOL looks like it's gonna get there...

The hunting isn't so great because of the drought. Most deer are a lot smaller (well, they're small in this area ANYway, I think the does are about the size of my bloodhound! LOL ) with less of a fat reserve for a good backstrap etc. It's currently only bow season, and there's been nothing that is even worth trying to take; not even management wise :doh: I'll probably spend more time riding this winter than hunting, that's how bad it is lol

HAHA not really bif... I refuse to convert! My boy sure does try hard, but Pinky truck is still my #1! :ford:

The hunting isn't so great because of the drought. Most deer are a lot smaller (well, they're small in this area ANYway, I think the does are about the size of my bloodhound! LOL ) with less of a fat reserve for a good backstrap etc. It's currently only bow season, and there's been nothing that is even worth trying to take; not even management wise :doh: I'll probably spend more time riding this winter than hunting, that's how bad it is lol

I can respect the refusal to convert. Ford and GM are underdogs in the diesel circles in my area.

I forgot about the drought, that sucks. Is there a noticeable decline in fawning? I guess the drought makes hunting water holes the go-to strategy. I take it you've hunted up North if you're mentioning small deer? I did hear that some Northern deer (MI if I remember correctly) were being transplanted in TX to offset the smaller subspecies. I think that was private ranches though, not Dept of Fish and Game.

Riding Horses - I got the cowboy boots, and built horse barns, but only rode a horse a few times. That's about as far as my experience with horses runs.

We have had about double the annual rainfall total this year. Some areas are having a slow year for mast crops, but I haven't seen it personally. The chase phase of the rut should start kicking in here within the next two weeks.

You need to hunt some in Oregon (where we've had anything but a drought). Last night when I went to put my ATV away in the shed, there were 3 good size bucks and one good sized doe in my backyard. The damn doe seemed to want to challenge me for a minute, I thought I was going to have to shoot her in self defense! Is it poaching if you kill a deer with your handgun in self defense? I don't know anything about hunting, but planning to start doing it sometime in the near future. I guess I can start in my backyard!

I know it's really hard to prove self defense against a game animal. Buddy of mine's Dad shot a moose that was charging him when we were kids and it was bad news. Took a while for him to get clear of it.

I can respect the refusal to convert. Ford and GM are underdogs in the diesel circles in my area.

I forgot about the drought, that sucks. Is there a noticeable decline in fawning? I guess the drought makes hunting water holes the go-to strategy. I take it you've hunted up North if you're mentioning small deer? I did hear that some Northern deer (MI if I remember correctly) were being transplanted in TX to offset the smaller subspecies. I think that was private ranches though, not Dept of Fish and Game.

Riding Horses - I got the cowboy boots, and built horse barns, but only rode a horse a few times. That's about as far as my experience with horses runs.

We have had about double the annual rainfall total this year. Some areas are having a slow year for mast crops, but I haven't seen it personally. The chase phase of the rut should start kicking in here within the next two weeks.

I'll PM you a response since I don't want to flood the thread with stuff no one else cares to read about hahaha but hunting in VA compared to here in TX is completely different!

I have been riding since I was 6; I've worked around almost all aspects of the horse industry, and I can say I MUCH prefer the company of the horses to the majority of the people LOL

You need to hunt some in Oregon (where we've had anything but a drought). Last night when I went to put my ATV away in the shed, there were 3 good size bucks and one good sized doe in my backyard. The damn doe seemed to want to challenge me for a minute, I thought I was going to have to shoot her in self defense! Is it poaching if you kill a deer with your handgun in self defense? I don't know anything about hunting, but planning to start doing it sometime in the near future. I guess I can start in my backyard!

Well, I need to make a trip up there anyway to visit some friends... save me a seat and I'll help you clean up your backyard a bit :lolly:

I know it's really hard to prove self defense against a game animal. Buddy of mine's Dad shot a moose that was charging him when we were kids and it was bad news. Took a while for him to get clear of it.

Tom are you making a post that doesn't reference death to the thread?! LOL kidding! But yeah, that can be REALLY tricky to clear up... when my aunt worked for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game as a consulting wildlife biologist, she had a few stories quite similar to that.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/woman-becomes-human-horse-hybrid-for-the-sake-of-art.html

Since Pinky here is so into horses, I thought I would just leave this here....

FTR, I also have horses...3 purebred Arabians, 1 Quarter Horse/Arab mix and a Shetland pony LOL I tried putting the pony in a van the other day like on the Rob and Big show, talk about one pissed pony..

Why are the French SO frackin weird?! That's just taking things TOO far...

I had a solid bred Paint stock filly that looked like a smaller version of my gelding for awhile, but decided she was too much of a b!tch to continue dealing with lol plus she was too short to be a jumper
I HATE Shetlands hahaha and Mini was the BEST on that show; ill-tempered critter! LOL

Why are the French SO frackin weird?! That's just taking things TOO far...

I had a solid bred Paint stock filly that looked like a smaller version of my gelding for awhile, but decided she was too much of a b!tch to continue dealing with lol plus she was too short to be a jumper
I HATE Shetlands hahaha and Mini was the BEST on that show; ill-tempered critter! LOL

My shetland is always ill tempered. I dont think chasing him around on my golf cart helps though. I did make an attempt at riding him the other day. He was grazing out in the pasture and I just jumped on.

I wasnt on long LOL

On another note, I had no idea that he could throw me THAT high !! :nail: