new from Texas (5+ years ago)

Most definitely, the silence, the way the sun sparkles off the frost, and all of the silly things you see while watching the world go by. I would have to say the funniest thing I've seen has to be watching two young raccoons wrestling and playing for 2 hours during bow season last year.

LOL the best I've seen is a fox chasing a squirrel! I do love it though!

I'm calling bullshyte on the 40' in the air.

The stand we built is 40ft. Or so I was told. My climbing stand was quite a ways up as well.

I won't go that high. I would have to carry a chainsaw up the tree with me and a have a pile of limbs big enough to build a house when I got there lol.

Well to clear the brush and see over it we had to get a bit of a ways up the tree. It's not always fun in the dark at 530am but amost always pays off!

Meh she has boobies and a vagina she is bound to have a issue or two. Kinda like a window computer is bound to have a blue screen of death.

Meh she has boobies and a vagina she is bound to have a issue or two. Kinda like a window computer is bound to have a blue screen of death.

c6e4e33f-8803-176d.jpg
just sayin...

LOL oh Cliffy...

Women aren't ALL complicated! I know some pretty complicated guys :stab:

Either way, chit happens. I'll just drink another one for y'all :)

Sent from my BlackBerry while drinkin on Bourbon Street!

I enjoy the solitude of the deer stand. Something about sitting 40ft up in the air and watching the woods wake up as the sun begins to rise. Then waiting for that buck to slowly stroll by, stop and turn broadside... :D I do enjoy the bird blind hunts as well, but love the stands and big game. South African hunting is all spot and stalk; way different but a lot of fun. I'm surprised you read and remembered that lol that picture is absolutely hysterical!

Yeah yeah yeah... bif

I grew up doin the spot and stalk style hunting. Wearin week old blue jeans and whichever coat was in the truck.

Not quite as successful hunting like that where I live now, but it still works out. Just find myself taking longer shots.

And you know what's always amazed me about tree stands? The amount of weight some of them support.

I grew up doin the spot and stalk style hunting. Wearin week old blue jeans and whichever coat was in the truck.

Not quite as successful hunting like that where I live now, but it still works out. Just find myself taking longer shots.

And you know what's always amazed me about tree stands? The amount of weight some of them support.

Well with the obesity problem we have in this country of course they did!!

In my area, most of the fatties just ride the 4-wheeler.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CEvHqbmLv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]craig campbell - that's music to me - YouTube[/ame]

Spot and stalk definitely makes you make better decisions and tests your ability to make a good, long distance shot. Yeah those climbing stands are pretty awesome once anchored well, though my friend scared the bejesus out of me when one side didn't anchor well and he almost took a plunge. He had on his safety harness though.

:woot:

Day 70 without a smoke...ok, well, only 3 in those 70 days. That count's right? :D

Awesome job, Jory!!!