new from Texas (5+ years ago)

I like horses too.
4b75d1f7-301c-9578.jpg

4b75d1f7-3082-8d6e.jpg

I've never heard of that outside if the normal "animal feels threatened" deal. I bet the horse scared her, or was running around playing and she got caught up? Sounds like the father needed a reason to get rid of the horse :(

I didn't get all the details of what led up to the incident.
He claimed the daughter had lacerations to her stomach from the horse's teeth. The recount was, the horse grabbed the girl (by the stomach) and shook her like a dog shaking a groundhog. It all sounded strange to me.

Unfortunately for the horse, I think you're right on the real motive.

Dude down the road from me got killed by his horse a few years back.

Horse literally ripped him to pieces, pulled his leg apart, arm off, etc.

My wife has had a couple turn on her, and I've been around some that won't attack outright, but they try to bite or kick as soon as you're within range. Just sold one like that this summer as a matter of fact.

Horses are like dogs, some just won't ever be right. Some have been abused to the point that they just turn bad.

It's not the horses' fault! Improper fencing is the fault of idiot owners (tryst me, there's a ton out there!). Just tell them you'll turn the horses over to animal control if they don't fix the fencing!

I'm not gonna shot one unless it hurts my dog, just trying to get those pictures released.

And I'm about to call. Their fence is a single strand of what looks like electric fence 22"s off the ground. My family is huge into horses (Judges, Trainers, Coaches, ect.) and none of them have ever seen horses get loose like this. Its almost everyday recently.

I smell cookies and milk

I haven't had a chance to bake in about... 3 weeks or so. :(

Cutting them doesn't make them gay. Pink stuff does.

He is so cute though! He prances all around and everything! He is excellent at penning cattle and is jumping really well; all while looking dashingly handsome in his pink stuff! :D

I didn't get all the details of what lead up to the incident.
He claimed the daughter had lacerations to her stomach from the horse's teeth. The recount was; the horse grabbed the girl (by the stomach) and shook her like a dog shaking a groundhog. It all sounded strange to me.

Unfortunately for the horse, I think you're right on the real motive.

Hard to say. I know horses can get aggressive but jeebus...

That's good stuff. LOL

One of my neighbors smacked her horse in the face and the horse turned and bit her tit. Horse bites are one thing, but that had to be painful. Considering who it was, I'm pretty proud of that horse. :hehe:

OUCH! I automatically went to cup the girls HAHAHA that sounds AWFUL! I have never been attacked; my horse has playfully nipped or nuzzled when getting groomed, but has never ever bit or kicked me.

Dude down the road from me got killed by his horse a few years back.

Horse literally ripped him to pieces, pulled his leg apart, arm off, etc.

My wife has had a couple turn on her, and I've been around some that won't attack outright, but they try to bite or kick as soon as you're within range. Just sold one like that this summer as a matter of fact.

Horses are like dogs, some just won't ever be right. Some have been abused to the point that they just turn bad.

Jeez... My horse was abused and starved from weaning to 3.5 years old. He had a sassy side (still does) but has never ever been like that. I agree, horses are very similar to dogs in that respect. In all the years I have been riding and working at barns, I have never seen that much aggression!

The guy who sold me my horse told me he bucked, kicked, and was a crazy horse. I rode him bareback the day after he was delivered to my house. He has never tried to hurt me, he tests me from time to time, but always quits. I had a horse that was bred perfectly; was the most ill-tempered and nastiest horse I've met. He would try and pin you in a corner, swing his butt around like he was going to kick you and went INSANE when you lunged him. He got sold before I decided to break him because one of us was going to end up seriously hurt...

Another reason why I don't really like horses.

Honestly, the good far outweigh the bad. I have been riding since I was 6 and competitively riding since I was 10. There have been 3 horses that I rode/worked with that I can honestly say were better off as 1) dog food or 2) glue lol I'd say that's a pretty good spread!

It's not the horses' fault! Improper fencing is the fault of idiot owners (tryst me, there's a ton out there!). Just tell them you'll turn the horses over to animal control if they don't fix the fencing!

I've never heard of that outside if the normal "animal feels threatened" deal. I bet the horse scared her, or was running around playing and she got caught up? Sounds like the father needed a reason to get rid of the horse :(

Dang, nobody caught this one? Or was it a bit Freudian ;)

Dang, nobody caught this one? Or was it a bit Freudian ;)

I saw that after it was too late to edit! The "y" and "u" are right next to each other, and with my crazy long nails I tend to bump keys other than the one I intend to click :doh:

IMG-20111115-02799.jpg