New shirts. What are your thoughts?

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
imageasp.jpg

image2asp.jpg

This is a new shirt idea we have been throwing around. What do you think?

Zach

I'm not in love with the image on the front of the shirt. It looks........ like something high school girls would print onto an iron on sheet and make at home. (I'm not trying to be mean here, just honest)

:homo:
not trying to be mean either....just don't like the v neck or the design on the front.

I like my old shirts with the logo on the front and the "people who know use hamilton" on the back better than those. I think it would be cool with the same old front and the back you have up there with the whole picture of the new head instead of just the side with the logo.

Back to the drawing board, throwing a few bones at a graphic artist would do wonders....might be one on here.

haha, I'm catching your drift. No v-necks, check. It is hard to figure you guys out sometime. I refuse to do like a lot of companies and change to whatever is popular at the time, instead looking for something that is always in.

The companies like PDR that went with all of the tribals doesn't look too cool now. I also refuse to go the way of the Johnny Flat Bill crowd.

I think the front of the shirt is something you would have seen at a drag strip in the 60's for that fact I like it. I will wear it but I will get something else for you guys.

Thank you for your opinions.

I could see it as a vintage logo.......... if it didn't take up the whole front of the shirt. Make it smaller and put it where a pocket would go.

I could see it as a vintage logo.......... if it didn't take up the whole front of the shirt. Make it smaller and put it where a pocket would go.

Or put a pocket on the front with the logo on it.

Best of both worlds. :cheer:

No v-neck though. :Throwup:

Zach, make it non v neck and Id pimp the **** out of it. I like the old school look an big where it can be seen.

For real. I need a 3x pimp during drag week!

Zach, if you could send me a picture of one of the 12 valve heads I have some ideas that I could work on that will incorporate it and an old school feel with a different approach.

The look I would go for is the head standing vertical, on the front or back, in a drafting type drawing like what you have in the 12valve head thread. I think that would be pretty cool looking in a red or black ink.

Last edited:
Zach, if you could send me a picture of one of the 12 valve heads I have some ideas that I could work on that will incorporate it and an old school feel with a different approach.

The look I would go for is the head standing vertical, on the front or back, in a drafting type drawing like what you have in the 12valve head thread. I think that would be pretty cool looking in a red or black ink.

I think the head on the back would look better than the front.

I think the head on the back would look better than the front.

Yeah, I think if the front remained the same and had the back he had the head it would look pretty cool. It could set up different shirts as well like a camshaft being vertical running up the spine would be cool, in my opinion.

Thanks for the thoughts. I was lucky enough to spend a week with one of the innovators of camshafts and modern hot rods a month or so back. The diesel industry is replicating what happened in hot rods in the 40's through the early 70's. Most people are copying, very few are innovating and there are a lot of people coming out with products just to sell, not to actually do something. At events I go to, I see a lot of folks racing with shade tree technology not too much unlike what you saw at Bonneville early on. That got me thinking about a retro type shirt. Are v-necks in? Not really, but that is kind of the point I was trying to get to. The cool cat daddio flat bills wouldn't wear it even though that is the roots of hot rodding. Hot rodding isn't what is on OCC or what Chip Foose is doing. It is building a 10 second car in your gravel driveway and making it work.

I respect people that race and that have piss and vinegar and a little ingenuity, and I have little if any respect for the trolls that just hand out their cc# and say build it. I am looking for a shirt that embodies the make it happen mentality America had before we got fat and lazy.

I am looking for a simple shirt that says," I don't wear flat bills, I have mixed blood and diesel fuel on my shop floor and I don't have to spend 20k on an engine to stomp a mud hole in your .... at the drag strip" That is what I would like to see more of.

Anti-popularity, atypical I guess I hit the nail on the head! I will print these up soon (minus v-neck) and I will keep the older designs that are more popular as an option

Last edited:

Anything but the affliction style. I'm all about something "old school". I've built alot off stuff on dirt floors, in barns, redneck engineered, so I understand your mentality with the new crop of "card swipe" performance folks. No skulls, flames, tribal, etc.

I was actually looking for a shirt when I bought my cam, a plain black tshirt with small signature font "Hamilton Diesel" on the left chest and also across the back. Pretty much like the "cashwheel" design. I've got a Rossler Transmission one that is similar that Carl gave me that I like to wear. Simple is my style.

Due to my bountiful curly chest hair I consider it a public service to refrain from wearing Vneck shirts.

How about something like this for an image?
giovannoni-cams-pin-up-girl-t-shirt-gray-224.png

I always think old school when I see these baseball style shirts:
il_570xN.205813907.jpg

Just trying to add some ideas.

-Dustin-

My two cents is that I like a small design on the front in the pocket area or none at all, and the large design on the back. Post up what you end up with and I'll buy one.