New shirts. What are your thoughts?

Well I just figured if he's going to hot-link an image from my site, I may as well get credit for it.

If you want some business start collaborating with "Hamilton Cams" about creating vintage diesel shirts for his company. It's a un-tapped, yet hostile market. Welcome to Compd.

-Dustin-

Last edited:
Well I just figured if he's going to hot-link an image from my site, I may as well get credit for it.

No disrespect intended. That ain't my style though. I guess by your post count you are here because of the link. Hopefully you get a few sales from it.

Thanks for the thoughts. I was lucky enough to spend a week with one of the innovators of camshafts and modern hot rods a month or so back. The diesel industry is replicating what happened in hot rods in the 40's through the early 70's. Most people are copying, very few are innovating and there are a lot of people coming out with products just to sell, not to actually do something. At events I go to, I see a lot of folks racing with shade tree technology not too much unlike what you saw at Bonneville early on. That got me thinking about a retro type shirt. Are v-necks in? Not really, but that is kind of the point I was trying to get to. The cool cat daddio flat bills wouldn't wear it even though that is the roots of hot rodding. Hot rodding isn't what is on OCC or what Chip Foose is doing. It is building a 10 second car in your gravel driveway and making it work.

I respect people that race and that have piss and vinegar and a little ingenuity, and I have little if any respect for the trolls that just hand out their cc# and say build it. I am looking for a shirt that embodies the make it happen mentality America had before we got fat and lazy.

I am looking for a simple shirt that says," I don't wear flat bills, I have mixed blood and diesel fuel on my shop floor and I don't have to spend 20k on an engine to stomp a mud hole in your .... at the drag strip" That is what I would like to see more of.

Anti-popularity, atypical I guess I hit the nail on the head! I will print these up soon (minus v-neck) and I will keep the older designs that are more popular as an option

This statement is why I bought your cam. And sign me up for a shirt! (no v-neck though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

Andrew, thank you and no vneck, roger that.
Bus- No problemo
As far as the chest hair showing on the guys, don't be scared, wear it with a little confidence and you will stick out in the crowd and you will be the one the ladies notice.

V-necks work for the ladies too but not the hair. But then again can't knock it because I have never tried it.

old3.jpg

My final answer, with and without the v depending on your level of coolness

I am working on that one.

Ported 12v heads......
now obsolete

or
not just cams for your diesel

or

A picture of greasy, biker mechanic with a bloody, greasy fist holding a cam,
and the caption " people buy our products because they work..........not because we have fancy shirts or Flat bill hats"

Or we could leave it blank.

Or maybe" we spent our advertising dollars on research, so all we have are these ugly shirts. We hope you don't mind"

I am working on that one.

Ported 12v heads......
now obsolete

or
not just cams for your diesel

or

A picture of greasy, biker mechanic with a bloody, greasy fist holding a cam,
and the caption " people buy our products because they work..........not because we have fancy shirts or Flat bill hats"

Or we could leave it blank.

Or maybe" we spent our advertising dollars on research, so all we have are these ugly shirts. We hope you don't mind"

or just an image of your new 12v head, and camshaft. IMO, your script logo is a winner.

Option 3 or 5 also

On another note I love the hat I got from you thats netted in the back with the black front. Typically I hate netted hats but, Im ready to buy 4 more of those because its actually a very nice hat.