new superstreet record

so who is going to be the 1st in the 9's, looks like Rob is slated for it.....but Jeff and Aaron are looking good.....

Yea should be interesting, I wonder if the record will be broke in Edmonton or go back to the east coast. Chris called me and told me the record was broke, then called again and told me it was broke again, but this time up in Saskatoon. I told him the track looked like it was going to get some good times after watching the gassers launch. Sure enough Rob went out and threw down some good numbers. I know Aaron and Jeff won't let it rest though, and it is great to see Aaron getting to where he wanted to be with that truck, they have been working hard on the truck since I had met him.

I just thought it was pretty cool that it was a first for the NHRDA to have three races in one day, and then to turn around and have the same record broke three times in one day at three different tracks. So big congrats to all three drivers, the amount of work that goes into a 10 second truck is just insane.

Also thanks to G&J for going back out and running an exhibition pass, I believe it was a 9.91 so it looks like they are getting dialed back in again, Brad are we going to see 8's this season?

Congrats Jeff, Aaron, and Rob/Ken/Nathan! I think that was the order that the records were set...

I know Aaron has been struggling with a lot of parts breakage all year, so it's great to see him get a good set of runs in. What more can be said about the Max'd Out truck? That thing just flat out hauls.

Warning, Shameless Plug ahead:
I know both Aaron and Rob are running the Performax system with the onboard datalogger. Could that be the secret to their record-setting performances? ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I know both Aaron and Rob are running the Performax system with the onboard datalogger. Could that be the secret to their record-setting performances? ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

They really do help as I adjusted the wastegate before making those passes because of looking at the info from the recall feature.

Congrats Rob on taking the record from me LOL!!
Looks like its going to be a good time in Boise we better be bringing our A game out as you most likely will have it out as well.

We ended up weighing in at 6165 so we are right there with you on weight.

Congrats again to you guys and to Jeff it was a great weekend for the NHRDA.

Can't wait till Boise

Hey Jeff, looks like you'll have to crank up the nitrous a bit to keep up with these guys....you try launching in 2nd gear yet?

As Pat mentioned, Saturday was one of the MOST exciting days I have seen in our sport in a long long time. I was so happy for Jeff when he got his vengeance for being 10# light in Indy. Only to get a call a few hours later that Aaron had run a 10.38 and had the MPH. That was nice to hear, Aaron had several times this year that he had the numbers, but was unable to back them up due to carnage. Then I get the call that Rob had done grabbed it back for the US with a 10.07 and 137 MPH.

Hats off to all the crews for working SO hard and never giving up!!!!

Congrats Rob on taking the record from me LOL!!
Looks like its going to be a good time in Boise we better be bringing our A game out as you most likely will have it out as well.

We ended up weighing in at 6165 so we are right there with you on weight.

Congrats again to you guys and to Jeff it was a great weekend for the NHRDA.

Can't wait till Boise

Looks like i better get the dual CP3 installed :poke:, there is going to be some stiff competition in Boise ....... congrats again to all thats crazy to have 3 new records set in 1 day :rockwoot:

We tached out a ways before we ran through the traps.. so a few more mods are in order. Should be good to go by the Blackout...

Aaron, i thought you had changed the gears already? You should be good for a few more MPH than that with 342's. I am good for 130 ish with my 373's I would love to change them out, but no money this year

We are running 342 but we were running our 28 inch street slicks. so that caused us to tach out. We are going to be putting different tires on by the blackout

Ahhh, that explains it.. I thought something was funny there. Are you allowed to use street slicks in Super Street?

Congrats everyone on a good weekend!

It's cool to run with everyone and have a good time doing it. I have been having a good time with this truck this year. Jason, I can turn it up but I have the power now to run 30's and not work on it. The tranny seems to be doing fine, the motor is happy and everything seems to be clicking well. I have always done pretty good racing by being able to finish the event and not tear stuff up. I may not run at the front but I will be there at the end. Congrat's again everyone for a good weekend. Jeff

so who is going to be the 1st in the 9's, looks like Rob is slated for it.....but Jeff and Aaron are looking good.....

I believe we could have easily done it last Sat evening in Spokane the way the DA was improving as it got cooler. In fact we were not going to turn it up at all, really no challenge in Spokane, I won second in SS in my 07 DD with a 12.8 sec run. Red Rocket couldn't spool his turbos on the line due to the fact his rear brakes wouldn't hold the the truck so he could spool them. When we heard the record had been broken Rob turned up the power a bit. Considered turning it up more and going for the 9's on the DOT tires, but only had one run left and would have to run no faster than a 9.97 for it to stand with the second run being the 10.07. With the way conditions were improving with the drop in DA it seems unlikely so decided to bag it and not chance anything. Conditions are usually great in Boise in Oct, so why not wait and go for it there, will be a great diesel crowd, some really good trucks and last race of the season so we have all winter to work on it.

Last edited:

Regards,
Michael Pliska

They are great gauges Michael, thanks again for all your technical support. Maybe you should invent something that tells you when to brake at the end of the track to not break out but not allow the other guy to drive around you.:poke: :D

Yeah thanks Micheal they are for sure a helpfull tuning device.

Looking forward to matching up against you guys in Boise. It will be a great race for sure.

See you guys there