New to 6.7’s

waste of money..take it part and lose the bolt..drill and tap for 1/8 npt...take wires out..leave sel hooked up..no codes..no cost

That's possibly the smallest amount of parts I've every seen for $195. Holy shit.

I like the $195 price tag over the cost of an intake horn. Each to their own though, if you like the clean look of aftermarket horn put one on. Same with a CAC id actually put one on for looks and sound, I drive to much gravel to do it though.

I’m have a sxe369, steed, 66% injectors and a 12mm pump. Yanking the head and doing a gasket and studs. And the “small” build on the 68 with a converter. Or it’s in the mail/waiting for parts.

Is there honestly any point In getting a better head or cam? It’s totally needed on a VE truck in my opinion, but not sure on these things.

Valve springs and push rods at a minimum if the head is a no? O-rings? I highly doubt I’ll take it much further than that. Can’t having my this thing any faster than my VE’s…. lol

Also side question, anyone ever put one of these 6 speeds behind a 12v!? I bet it would be rowdy as fuck with gears and twork!

I’m have a sxe369, steed, 66% injectors and a 12mm pump. Yanking the head and doing a gasket and studs. And the “small” build on the 68 with a converter. Or it’s in the mail/waiting for parts.

Is there honestly any point In getting a better head or cam? It’s totally needed on a VE truck in my opinion, but not sure on these things.

Valve springs and push rods at a minimum if the head is a no? O-rings? I highly doubt I’ll take it much further than that. Can’t having my this thing any faster than my VE’s…. lol

Also side question, anyone ever put one of these 6 speeds behind a 12v!? I bet it would be rowdy as fuck with gears and twork!
If you're pulling the head, I'd have it fireringed. Orings suck.

we aint all made of money...besides..ingenuity is cooler than making thers rich..

I did studs 1 by one when I did valve springs and injectors. No problems in 40k miles.

Fish bowl delete…

Put the in tank fleese pump in and took the bed rails out. Changed the fuel filter, it wasn’t clean but no metal or anything alarming for 230k. Is there a fuel filter or oil filter life on these anywhere?

after a new battery and soldering the battery clip my key fob works and remote start is functional. Range sucks but guessing it’s more remote related than system. How’s the range on a good operating system? I’ll have the dodge dealer get me some new fobs and cut new keys. Can I program them with a scanner or is it a dealer program?

Still can’t get used to that CTS for gauges, I think Im Gonna order just some nice old school garages. I have the PDD speed huts in one of my second gens, I like them. I’ll go with them on this unless someone has a new kick ass company I should try?

Attachments

• IMG_5881.jpeg
    IMG_5881.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 3

Just curious, any particular reason you didn't jump to a S400 frame with that fuel?

Just curious, any particular reason you didn't jump to a S400 frame with that fuel?

It seemed to me to be the best all around choice for what I do with my trucks. I don’t tow, I don’t haul. I have no earthly business owning a diesel honestly.

I read enough on here to decide it would be the best all around fit for me. Been a ton of guys do pretty much exactly what I’m doing and getting the power I’d like to have.

And 95cummins5.9 pretty much made my mind up with his dyno video, cleaned up fast ran hard.

Reactions: J98
Back