New VE Record

Jason, now take ole Rust Bucket to the track and spray the same amount of nitrous on your pass. Make sure to take a video so we can see what happens (blows up):D.

Ha ha...I think I'll start out with a little less nitrous at the track ;)

Lame Jason...

Kidding! You have plans to take it to the track anytime soon?

The flame out the wastegate sure looks cool and there is still some black smoke and you know what that means :nos: better add a nother stage. 900 hp here you come . I say keep it on the rollers a few more times before you melt it down at the drag strip . That video is awesome.

Wouldn't have been able to do it without your help man!! BTW, what did your 13mm p-pump Ramcharger make last time it was on the dyno?? :Cheer:

Lame Jason...

Kidding! You have plans to take it to the track anytime soon?

Our company (Source Interlink) has a contract where I might be able to get on a 2 mile runway for $275 a day....I think I might do that. I have a lot of practicing on my nitrous/transbrake/manual valvebody launch before I can get it down. Besides, I can't run quicker than 11.49, or else I'll get kicked off.

Our company (Source Interlink) has a contract where I might be able to get on a 2 mile runway for $275 a day....I think I might do that. I have a lot of practicing on my nitrous/transbrake/manual valvebody launch before I can get it down. Besides, I can't run quicker than 11.49, or else I'll get kicked off.

That sounds awesome! I want a run way to screw around on.

Congrats! And X2 on the taking balls to spray that much nitrous!

Ya hear that Sands? Ya got balls son. Balls.

Congrats on the record! Damn truck is ANGRY in that video.

Fly me out.

Watching that video, I have to agree. I think there is still more in it. *nx*

The only thing left to decide now, is who is the bigger user of nitrous:

Banks, Jason Sands, or Shawn Ellerton.... LOL

Last edited:
Anyone hitting it with a 492hp shot is doing their part to keep nitrous companies in business, that's for damn sure!

I was thinking about going for the VE record with a 93 I just picked up...now I might not. I wasn't wanting to spray it that hard.
Chris

:rockwoot::rockwoot:
Wouldn't have been able to do it without your help man!! BTW, what did your 13mm p-pump Ramcharger make last time it was on the dyno?? :Cheer:

I dont think its ever broke 800 hp . Project Rust Bucket its been a fun project and has a good following that goes with it . The truck has been built to run nitrous , low budget, look like ****, and go like hell. It looks like you met your goal and your having fun .So have some more fun like roll up to a dyno day with some gas cars and lay a good number or out dyno a 9 second drag car .:rockwoot: LONG LIVE THE FIRST GEN !!

Watching that video, I have to agree. I think there is still more in it. *nx*

The only thing left to decide now, is who is the bigger user of nitrous:

Banks, Jason Sands, or Shawn Ellerton.... LOL

Chris Werner and Gary Riley were spraying way more than me when they were doing their dyno thing. Mike Wood also sprays a lot more, and I am pretty sure Zane does also.

Carefull making fun of p-pump trucks Jason.

Last edited:
jason are you still running the stock bottom end? and cam?

what about valve springs?

its incredible how much power that truck makes...

does the trans have all billet shaft?

sorry for all the questions just very interested in the build of everything

So nobody's cast any question on the dyno yet?

Was there only one run for the day? Was the 842 confirmed or backed-up with other dyno runs? Is there video of the run?

Just to be thorough, you know...

So nobody's cast any question on the dyno yet?

Was there only one run for the day? Was the 842 confirmed or backed-up with other dyno runs? Is there video of the run?

Just to be thorough, you know...

:rules: Even NHDRA requires more than 1 run to set a record. I have been through this a time or 2.

Congratualations!

Dang Zach I thought you were in my corner. I dont want to give you data if you going to give it to the arch enemy. :lolly:

To bad you dont make turbos cause I could sure use some. Hope all is well with your vacation. Thanks for all of your help today.

Stomp

Last edited:
Back