NGM Race truck/ Daily driver

what happened to the fast drag truck you all were building? and this was going to be the tow rig.

jkretzer said:
what happened to the fast drag truck you all were building? and this was going to be the tow rig.
After loseing over 5 grand, a few things have changed. progress is a little off but still doable.

jkretzer said:

Somebody was suppose to built the frame took the money and ran. That left wade in the whole pretty bad. He is still trying to recover. If i wasnt in such a bin the ngm diesel would be sitting in my front yard right now.

duramaxin14-that is an expensive flower bed!! haha jk, i heard from a good friend that talks to wade some about the bad crap that happened, i wouldnt wish that on anyone. i was just wondering why gears were switched from the drag truck to selling then to a sledpuller then to selling again.

jkretzer said:
duramaxin14-that is an expensive flower bed!! haha jk, i heard from a good friend that talks to wade some about the bad crap that happened, i wouldnt wish that on anyone. i was just wondering why gears were switched from the drag truck to selling then to a sledpuller then to selling again.
The drag truck is almost done, will post a few pics in another thread later this week. looks very nice

Cummins Express said:
damn that was quick
Minor odds and ends, and she will be sittin pretty good. Hopefully by mid JAN we will be installing the power train.

Lots of extra parts and pieces will go with this truck. Still gets 20+ MPG.

Jetpilot said:
There are many variables on a track yet none on a dyno.

thats not a good statement to make either......there are lots of variables on a dyno....

If someone could get slicks for this beast, i bet .5 second would come off the ET very easily. The #1 problem with this truck is traction going down the track.

Dockboy said:
Like what?:confused:

WELL....since i have about 50 dyno runs under my belt operating a dyno i can tell you that not all dyno's will put out the same numbers, wether its eddy current or inertia wheel, setting side by side they can have, and did have, 50 horsepower difference, it depends on how well you are strapped to the dyno, if you have it down tight you can transmit more power to the rollers, if the straps are loose you wont transmit as much power....(HOTROD magazine proved that theory a few years ago, one click made a 15 hp difference)....air flow, time of day, temperature, humidity, elevation, inside a building, outside a building, exhaust routing and scavaging, and even the dyno operator and vehicle operator can make a HUGE difference......just a few things, just like on a drag track, every run is different.....

LOGANSTANFORTH said:
WELL....since i have about 50 dyno runs under my belt operating a dyno i can tell you that not all dyno's will put out the same numbers, wether its eddy current or inertia wheel, setting side by side they can have, and did have, 50 horsepower difference, it depends on how well you are strapped to the dyno, if you have it down tight you can transmit more power to the rollers, if the straps are loose you wont transmit as much power....(HOTROD magazine proved that theory a few years ago, one click made a 15 hp difference)....air flow, time of day, temperature, humidity, elevation, inside a building, outside a building, exhaust routing and scavaging, and even the dyno operator and vehicle operator can make a HUGE difference......just a few things, just like on a drag track, every run is different.....

Well you are correct in that different brand and type dynos will produce different numbers. As for strapping the truck down tight enough this would be operator error if they are not tight enough plus even if they are too loose you can see it on a dyno graph when the wheels slip.

The other factors you mention can and do alter the HP numbers but with a turbo charged engine running uncorrected numbers will produce almost the same HP levels at all atlitudes below 4000 msl. The turbo produces its own enviroment thus eliminating the altitude CF.

If you use a dynojet the room for an operator to manipulate the results is non existant. I have made almost 1000 dyno runs in the last 8 years and from my experience on a dynojet you will repeatably produce very close to the same HP number, even from dyno to dyno as long as they are the same model.

LOGANSTANFORTH said:
the problem is that not everyone has a dynojet......

Well the Dynojet 248 model had been pretty much the standard favored for overall consistancy for turbocharged diesel in the Uncorrected world.

Back