NHRDA - Desert Diesel Nationals March 12th

Just spent the past 4 hours wiring up hobbs switch and toggle switches, then finding out it isnt working, and then tracing it back all the way, to then deciding to just throw it to ground and the TQ wont even lock-up... solenoid is bad, so tranny is coming out AGAIN... hopefully I make it, just my luck...

Just spent the past 4 hours wiring up hobbs switch and toggle switches, then finding out it isnt working, and then tracing it back all the way, to then deciding to just throw it to ground and the TQ wont even lock-up... solenoid is bad, so tranny is coming out AGAIN... hopefully I make it, just my luck...

I think lots of us are having the same last minute problems...my truck isnt running yet and we leave on monday...

I think lots of us are having the same last minute problems...my truck isnt running yet and we leave on monday...

ya, seems to always be that way... got my injectors in last year the day before we left for phoenix, haha

So how quick do you have to be to qualify for super street at this event? I assume the field is limited to 16 trucks. Last year I arrived late, after qualifying so I have no idea where the cut-off time ended up to make the field.
The field is not limited. As per the NHRDA rules if there are more than 16 vehicles during any round of eliminations in any class, that class will be laddered by random pairings. Once a field is at or below 16 competitors the class will be laddered by ET on the last round (except sportsman which is laddered by reaction time).

Whats the details in the "gambler race" ??

Also, my boss is wondering if there is a "test and tune" Saturday morning as well..
Yes, there will be a gambler race after the first round of eliminations. A tech card for it will be $35 and anyone can race in it (you dont have to be an NHRDA member). If you lose in the first round of eliminations you can also jump back into the gambler if you would like as well.

As far as test and tune, We will not have an open test and tune, but after eliminations start, we will have a test and tune lane for those competitors that have been eliminated to still make some passes if they would like to.

sounds good, hopefully there are more booths open at the gate this year, considering last years line was insane...
We had a discussion with Speedworld and after last year, we have worked with them to hopefully eliminate the backup at the front gate and vendor lines that we had last year. They should have the staff on hand this year to accommodate the crowd we are expecting.

We just got our heap fired up tonight.... still hane a few things to tidy up before we can make some test pass' but all & all it was a very good first fire up for a new car. hopefully we can get in a couple of test pass before we head out.

Crap, I'm a bit behind. My engine is in one corner of the shop and the tranny is another, all other pieces are everywhere but in the truck. Looks like I'll be doubling up on 5 hour eneregys.

Crap, I'm a bit behind. My engine is in one corner of the shop and the tranny is another, all other pieces are everywhere but in the truck. Looks like I'll be doubling up on 5 hour eneregys.

Hey...it could be worse!!! Some of the people planning on racing dont have all of thier truck even in same zip code yet!!!:pop:

Just found out I have to report for work in San Diego on March 11th instead of March 21 like I first thought so I can't make Phoenix. I really wanted to make the race but the money is too good on this job and since I pretty much blew all my fun money on the trucks last year. Time to restock the account. I'll be in Portland in August, that's probably the only race I'll make besides Topeka. Have fun.

Only race your going to make??? With your truck or you in whole? Wont be the smae without you razzing me at the tracks Ken.

We may be only at a handful of races this year as well... building a new truck takes time..........

.071 IIRC in 5th

With that overdrive ratio 0.71, and 3.73 gear ratio in the axles, and 28" tall tires

3500 rpm = 110.2 MPH
3800 rpm = 119.6 MPH
4000 rpm = 125.9 MPH

Same as above but with 30" tall tires

3500 rpm = 118.0 MPH
3800 rpm = 128.2 MPH
4000 rpm = 134.9 MPH

Only race your going to make??? With your truck or you in whole? Wont be the smae without you razzing me at the tracks Ken.

We may be only at a handful of races this year as well... building a new truck takes time..........

Rob will have Max'd Out, I'll go with him to Edmonton, I'll race in Portland, hell by that time I maybe so race deprived that I race Edmonton as well.

So who is all coming down from Jefferson?

New convertor set up is in, wire up the lock up switch, adjust the shifter linkage and good to go....no room for testing in -30 and 3 feet of snow and the 80' long shop just aint going to cut it...so here is hoping the new set up works lol...should be a good weekend...

Holy cow. I wish you all luck! I still have to swap turbos and up-pipes plus change fluids and remove hitch, bumper and interior.

I blew a up-pipe up on the freeway here last night....then while i was looking around noticed my dual cp3 bracket was cracked...

Most of them do, if there's something in specific you are looking for, contact them ahead of time and I'm sure they'll have it there.

Vendor row is supposed to be huge this year. I have a feeling this will be a awesome event!