NHRDA - Desert Diesel Nationals March 12th

I bought mine at http://www.helmetcity.com. It is a Zamp model, Snell SA2005 rated. Scroll down on the left side of the website and select Automotive Helmets. Keep in mind that whatever helmet you buy, it MUST be minimum Snell 2005 rated. There is a tag under the foam padding that the tech inspectors will look for. If the helmet doesn't meet minimum Snell SA2005 specs and you break into the 13s, you WON'T race. I was told a long time ago when I decided I wanted to ride a motorcycle, If you have a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet.

Jim

That was actually my next question as too what rating i needed, cause I've heard of people not being able to race because of that issue. You going to phoenix? I gotta get vengeance on the last race we had, I need that #1 trophy! :ford:

That was actually my next question as too what rating i needed, cause I've heard of people not being able to race because of that issue. You going to phoenix? I gotta get vengeance on the last race we had, I need that #1 trophy! :ford:

Reread my last post. I made a couple updates with some more info. As far as Phoenix, I should be there as well as Pueblo and Redding. That's Div 2. I plan on running Portland, Spokane, and Billings in Div 1, Mission, Calgary, and Edmonton in Div 6, and Brainerd in Div 3.

Jim

Reread my last post. I made a couple updates with some more info. As far as Phoenix, I should be there as well as Pueblo and Redding. That's Div 2. I plan on running Portland, Spokane, and Billings in Div 1, Mission, Calgary, and Edmonton in Div 6, and Brainerd in Div 3.

Jim

Sounds like a busy schedule, good luck this season, change anything on the great white?

Sounds like a busy schedule, good luck this season, change anything on the great white?

FASS Titanum, 5 new Autometer Cobalt Digital Gauges (Trans Temp, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Drive Pressure (back pressure at exhaust manifold), and Boost Pressure.

FASS Titanum, 5 new Autometer Cobalt Digital Gauges (Trans Temp, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Drive Pressure (back pressure at exhaust manifold), and Boost Pressure.

Same gauges I got, and I got a fass too, hopefully you wont be coming up on my so fast at the end of the track now... haha

Same gauges I got, and I got a fass too, hopefully you wont be coming up on my so fast at the end of the track now... haha

Should be some good competition. Ryan Dubois, Div 1 Sportsman Champion, has said he will be there. Michael Pliska may have other obligations but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it.

Should be some good competition. Ryan Dubois, Div 1 Sportsman Champion, has said he will be there. Michael Pliska may have other obligations but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it.

Ya, Mike lippner wont be there this year though, had to put ol green to rest, CA smog took place and he went back to stock =(

Ya, Mike lippner wont be there this year though, had to put ol green to rest, CA smog took place and he went back to stock =(

Boy, that's a shame. I know I have to detune the crap out of mine for it to pass emissions here in the Seattle area. He will be missed. He is a great racer. See if you can't talking him into making the trip. The best race I had last year was my 13.xx dial to an 18.xx dial. It is hard sitting there waiting for the tree and not pulling the trigger too soon. When I went by him it was like standing on the edge of the freeway watching traffic go by.

Last edited:
Ya it seems harder to win when im the slower racer... the times I seem to do better are when im racing trucks slower than me... Mike might be coming, he has an install he might have to do that weekend, so we will see

Why did smog get in the way? It's pretty easy to get it passed here in Socal....;)

Or register/live in a county that doesn't require diesels to smog.... :D

DuraDan said:
Mike lippner wont be there this year though, had to put ol green to rest, CA smog took place and he went back to stock

Sorry to hear Mike isn't going to race.

Should be some good competition. Ryan Dubois, Div 1 Sportsman Champion, has said he will be there.

I hope he does...Ryan's a good guy and a tough competitor.

Michael Pliska may have other obligations but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it.

Who would be surprised? :D

He is having a baby, and I believe he wants a good daily driver, and he is also looking into getting and obs ford like mine and putting a 12V in it...

and there arent any places here in Nor Cal that can "hook you up" if you know what I mean, how i hear it there all a bunch of pricks that dont let you get by on anything...

Lucky me I got a 97 =)

hahaha, well my truck is done today, new fass, reg. return, and serviced driveline, and badass TQ, and some tranny adjustment, hopefully she will drop to 13's.... where do i buy a cheap helmet for when I need it???

Why will people spend 10 grand on a truck an not spend the bucks to protect their head?

Glad I had good safety gear on when I had my crash (s).

Buy a good helmet, your head is worth it.
P

Why will people spend 10 grand on a truck an not spend the bucks to protect their head?

Glad I had good safety gear on when I had my crash (s).

Buy a good helmet, your head is worth it.
P

Ya i will, but i dont really think 13.9 is going fast enough to get it sideways and crash or anything like like... maybe if a tire blew at the end of the track goin 97 it would wreck, but lets be confident here!

NHRDA 4th Annual Desert Diesel Nationals - Presented by Strictly Diesel

Location – Speedworld Dragstrip, Wittmann Arizona

Friday – March 11th 2011
Vendor move in 3pm till 8pm
Competitor move in 3pm till 8pm (Must purchase Saturday fee’s for competitor and spectator)
Street legal drag race $20.00 to race and $10.00 for spectators
(Camping will be allowed Friday & Saturday night. Security will be on site with a no tolerance policy)

Saturday – March 12th 2011
NHRDA Diesel Drag Racing – 6 categories (see rules NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - Diesel Drag Race Rules!)
Show n Shine
Burnout Contest
Sand Drags
Mug Bogs
Diesel Alley manufacturer row

Event schedule - (Note scheduled times may vary)
10:00 am till 1pm Drag Racing Qualifying
1:00 pm till 6pm Drag Racing Eliminations, Burnout Contest, Show n Shine
8:00 pm till 1:00am Mud Bogs and Sand Drags

Spectator gate
9:00am Gates open
Spectator gate address- 19420 West Happy Valley Road, Surprise AZ 85360

Competitor gate
8am till 10am Gates open (Note after 10am you must enter thru spectator gate)
Competitor gate address- 19421 W. Jomax Rd. Wittmann Arizona 85361

Admission fees
Adults $15.00
Kids 12 & under free
Parking fee $10.00 per vehicle

Competitor fees (note competitors must have current NHRDA membership)
Gambler Race $35.00 does not require NHRDA membership to compete in this class
Sportsman $35.00
Super Diesel (11.90 index) $45.00
Super Street $45.00
Pro Street $55.00
Pro Stock $55.00
Top Diesel $55.00
Show n Shine Sign up at NHRDA booth ( no charge to enter competition)
Burnout Contest First 10 competitors sign up at NHRDA booth (no charge to enter competition)

Official Sponsors of the Desert Diesel Nationals

Strictly Diesel Title Sponsor
MBRP Performance Exhaust Official Exhaust of the NHRDA
FASS Fuel Systems Official Fuel System of the NHRDA
BD Power Official Turbo of the NHRDA
South Bend Clutches Official Clutch of the NHRDA
AFE Power Official Air Intake System of the NHRDA
Snow Performance Official Water Meth System of the NHRDA
Optima Battery Official Battery of the NHRDA
Suncoast Converters Official Transmission and Converter of the NHRDA
Pacific Performance Engineering Official Tuner and Dual Cp-3 systems of the NHRDA
Yukon Gear & Axle Official Gear and Axle Supplier of the NHRDA
XDP Official retailer of the NHRDA
Elite Diesel Official Head Stud supplier of the NHRDA
Industrial Injection Official Injectors of the NHRDA
Randys Offroad Connection
Air Dog
Edge Products
Air Aid
G&J Diesel
Diesel Performance Unlimited
Bullet Proof Diesel
DT Products

For Complete information and questions

NHRDA
Phone - 360-658-4353
Website - NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - NHRDA
Email - randy.cole@nhrda.com

Speedworld Dragstrip
Phone - 623-388-2424
Office - 623-388-0039
Website- Welcome to Speedworld Dragstrip

0312-XL.gif

Whats the details in the "gambler race" ??

Also, my boss is wondering if there is a "test and tune" Saturday morning as well..

NHRDA 4th Annual Desert Diesel Nationals - Presented by Strictly Diesel

Location – Speedworld Dragstrip, Wittmann Arizona

Friday – March 11th 2011
Vendor move in 3pm till 8pm
Competitor move in 3pm till 8pm (Must purchase Saturday fee’s for competitor and spectator)
Street legal drag race $20.00 to race and $10.00 for spectators
(Camping will be allowed Friday & Saturday night. Security will be on site with a no tolerance policy)

Saturday – March 12th 2011
NHRDA Diesel Drag Racing – 6 categories (see rules NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - Diesel Drag Race Rules!)
Show n Shine
Burnout Contest
Sand Drags
Mug Bogs
Diesel Alley manufacturer row

Event schedule - (Note scheduled times may vary)
10:00 am till 1pm Drag Racing Qualifying
1:00 pm till 6pm Drag Racing Eliminations, Burnout Contest, Show n Shine
8:00 pm till 1:00am Mud Bogs and Sand Drags

Spectator gate
9:00am Gates open
Spectator gate address- 19420 West Happy Valley Road, Surprise AZ 85360

Competitor gate
8am till 10am Gates open (Note after 10am you must enter thru spectator gate)
Competitor gate address- 19421 W. Jomax Rd. Wittmann Arizona 85361

Admission fees
Adults $15.00
Kids 12 & under free
Parking fee $10.00 per vehicle

Competitor fees (note competitors must have current NHRDA membership)
Gambler Race $35.00 does not require NHRDA membership to compete in this class
Sportsman $35.00
Super Diesel (11.90 index) $45.00
Super Street $45.00
Pro Street $55.00
Pro Stock $55.00
Top Diesel $55.00
Show n Shine Sign up at NHRDA booth ( no charge to enter competition)
Burnout Contest First 10 competitors sign up at NHRDA booth (no charge to enter competition)

Official Sponsors of the Desert Diesel Nationals

Strictly Diesel Title Sponsor
MBRP Performance Exhaust Official Exhaust of the NHRDA
FASS Fuel Systems Official Fuel System of the NHRDA
BD Power Official Turbo of the NHRDA
South Bend Clutches Official Clutch of the NHRDA
AFE Power Official Air Intake System of the NHRDA
Snow Performance Official Water Meth System of the NHRDA
Optima Battery Official Battery of the NHRDA
Suncoast Converters Official Transmission and Converter of the NHRDA
Pacific Performance Engineering Official Tuner and Dual Cp-3 systems of the NHRDA
Yukon Gear & Axle Official Gear and Axle Supplier of the NHRDA
XDP Official retailer of the NHRDA
Elite Diesel Official Head Stud supplier of the NHRDA
Industrial Injection Official Injectors of the NHRDA
Randys Offroad Connection
Air Dog
Edge Products
Air Aid
G&J Diesel
Diesel Performance Unlimited
Bullet Proof Diesel
DT Products

For Complete information and questions

NHRDA
Phone - 360-658-4353
Website - NHRDA - National Hot Rod Diesel Association - NHRDA
Email - randy.cole@nhrda.com

Speedworld Dragstrip
Phone - 623-388-2424
Office - 623-388-0039
Website- Welcome to Speedworld Dragstrip

0312-XL.gif

sounds good, hopefully there are more booths open at the gate this year, considering last years line was insane...

Hopefully I can get down there friday evening and test and tune and see if i can get into the 13's finally!!!

Well, I had to make a decision for family. My wife and I will have a baby end of july. My truck is now back to stock. It's not as fun, but like Dan said I am looking for a obs to convert to a 12v. I had a good time racing for 2 years. I want to move up from brackets and just can't afford to do that right now. But in a year or 2 I will be back with something different. I will make the races I can. We actually have some cabinetry work going on this year. I can't make it to AZ but hope everyone has a good time.

Family always comes first Mike.

Looking forward to seeing what you come back with.

Well, I had to make a decision for family. My wife and I will have a baby end of july. My truck is now back to stock. It's not as fun, but like Dan said I am looking for a obs to convert to a 12v. I had a good time racing for 2 years. I want to move up from brackets and just can't afford to do that right now. But in a year or 2 I will be back with something different. I will make the races I can. We actually have some cabinetry work going on this year. I can't make it to AZ but hope everyone has a good time.

Mike, you WILL be missed. Congratulations on the baby. I send the best to you and your family.

Jim