NHRDA - Desert Diesel Nationals March 12th

so what your saying is, your hoping to be competitive in prostreet with a prostreet truck:shake:, you may have won prostreet last year, but we all can't wait to see the full potencial of that lil truck. most the superstreet trucks last year at worlds were faster than the pro street trucksbif:stab:

just buggin, glad you have more fugured out, see you guys in phoenix

LOL well we know we need to be a mid to low 9 to be more competitive...so far a consitant lowwww 10 has brought the checks....only 2 years into this...see what happens this year...we were losing 15 - 20% through the convertor so see what the new set up brings us...

No worries Shaun lol...looking forward to seeing everyone in Phoenix, glad your getting the old girl back together....

LOL well we know we need to be a mid to low 9 to be more competitive...so far a consitant lowwww 10 has brought the checks....only 2 years into this...see what happens this year...we were losing 15 - 20% through the convertor so see what the new set up brings us...

No worries Shaun lol...looking forward to seeing everyone in Phoenix, glad your getting the old girl back together....

i look forward to seeing you guys again. tell lenny to grow some and show up.

Lol yeah the conversation we had yesterday he said he was coming...
I'll buy the rounds at the bar at the Hampton inn for everyone in this thread all night Friday night if he shows with his race truck.:Cheer:

Who is Lenny? Rob you must be pretty sure he isn't coming to make a statement like that. Shawn, save some room in your truck for some Gibsons!
:snoop::rockwoot:

So how quick do you have to be to qualify for super street at this event? I assume the field is limited to 16 trucks. Last year I arrived late, after qualifying so I have no idea where the cut-off time ended up to make the field.

no limit, if there is over 16 it makes the laddering a bit tricky, hated the way it was done at Topeka, should be a good question to ask at the drivers meeting if there ends up being more than 16 in SS. I'll be honest with you, unless you run a lot faster then what is in your signature you'd be much better off running the 11.90 and brackets. There are some very quick trucks in SS that are coming. My truck runs 10's and I'm not going to enter it in SS.

no limit, if there is over 16 it makes the laddering a bit tricky, hated the way it was done at Topeka, should be a good question to ask at the drivers meeting if there ends up being more than 16 in SS. I'll be honest with you, unless you run a lot faster then what is in your signature you'd be much better off running the 11.90 and brackets. There are some very quick trucks in SS that are coming. My truck runs 10's and I'm not going to enter it in SS.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think regardless of how much power and traction I can make/find with my 95' Junker, without a cage I'll be limited to 11.5, much slower than it takes to compete. 11.9 index might be a lot of fun if I can get it to produce consistent 60' times.

I'll buy the rounds at the bar at the Hampton inn for everyone in this thread all night Friday night if he shows with his race truck.:Cheer:

Why Friday night, got to race Sat....how about Sat night and I am sure a few of us would be glad to split the bill with you whether he shows or not LoL....

Lenny Reed...owner of Dynomite Diesel...name of his tank of a race truck "Grim Reaper" first to hold MPH in Prostreet at a whopping 115mph in 2008....things have come a long ways...lol

Last edited:
I'll be there. Might run might not, need a trailer wide enough for my lowrider.

Shoot Brian, I'll race my fully loaded, stock engine, stock single cp3, LBZ that will be towing a 18,000 lb race trailer from ID, against that low rider. :tree: Sportsman or Pro tree, heads up to the line. Damn that'll be a expensive tow bill for me if it breaks....

hahaha, well my truck is done today, new fass, reg. return, and serviced driveline, and badass TQ, and some tranny adjustment, hopefully she will drop to 13's.... where do i buy a cheap helmet for when I need it???

I bought mine at http://www.helmetcity.com. It is a Zamp JA-2 open face model, Snell SA2005 rated. Scroll down on the left side of the website and select Automotive Helmets. Keep in mind that whatever helmet you buy, it MUST be minimum Snell 2005 rated. There is a tag under the foam padding that the tech inspectors will look for. If the helmet doesn't meet minimum Snell SA2005 specs and you break into the 13s, you WON'T race. I was told a long time ago when I decided I wanted to ride a motorcycle, If you have a cheap head, buy a cheap helmet. I did a Google search on Zamp JA-2, the prices start about $130.

Jim

Last edited: