NHRDA Medicine hat race

Once we get the pictures over to Randy and up there are some good shots of your truck from behind pulling that tire

Whats you 60ft, 660 and 1320? Looks great out of the hole.

Looks good Malcolm! Have you finished your license stuff yet? If not, bring your paperwork to the PIR race, we'll be sure to get it done then. I can bring my gasser for you to make passes in if you think your truck might not make the 9's in the heat.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Or bring your ride to Las Vegas. You only need to run a few low 10's around 128 MPH to get licensed. If you're not local, your "tune-up" is probably off so they give you a bunch of leeway.

I think they want the licensing dollars and therefore hope the word gets around!

Sweet must be quite the feeling to lift off like that.

I am jealous you can run slicks

Does anyone have videos of our super street 6.4 truck wheel hoping and just about brushing the wall? I missed the event and heard stories but would like to see it. He ran 11.3? @123.5 with a 1.9 60 foot lol. 22" rims are not the ideal track tire.

Or bring your ride to Las Vegas. You only need to run a few low 10's around 128 MPH to get licensed. If you're not local, your "tune-up" is probably off so they give you a bunch of leeway.

I think they want the licensing dollars and therefore hope the word gets around!

Dont see how that would work, its not up to the track to get you licensed anyhow they just provide the place to do so. You have to make sure the vichicle will run the number because you send all the paperwork into the NHRA headquarters, they then issue the license if all's good. E.T.'s of at least 9.99 1/4 and 6.39 1/8th have to be ran for them to accept your paperwork and process it. Also only the last 2 have to be full runs out the back door but, the others short times have to jive and show potintial of running the numbers.

Looking good Malcom!!!

When I licensed, just needed to run 6 consectitively faster passes ending with something faster than 10.30

Malcolm what was your time? Also what is your race schedule for the rest of the year?

Transmission was not hitting throught the gears like it should, I messed up the programm, got it figured out though. 60 ft was about 1.45's 1/4 mile was 10.5@ 135 i think, dont have the time slip with me.

Hey Ken going to Portland, Edmonton and then Hopefully the World Finals....

I just need two more passed to get my licence.

Thanks

Malcolm

Transmission was not hitting throught the gears like it should, I messed up the programm, got it figured out though. 60 ft was about 1.45's 1/4 mile was 10.5@ 135 i think, dont have the time slip with me.

Hey Ken going to Portland, Edmonton and then Hopefully the World Finals....

I just need two more passed to get my licence.

Thanks

Malcolm

Good deal see you in Portland

Dont see how that would work, its not up to the track to get you licensed anyhow they just provide the place to do so. You have to make sure the vichicle will run the number because you send all the paperwork into the NHRA headquarters, they then issue the license if all's good. E.T.'s of at least 9.99 1/4 and 6.39 1/8th have to be ran for them to accept your paperwork and process it. Also only the last 2 have to be full runs out the back door but, the others short times have to jive and show potintial of running the numbers.

Looking good Malcom!!!

When I licensed, just needed to run 6 consectitively faster passes ending with something faster than 10.30
Yup, at least in years past they will accept "altitude factored" ETs for higher elevation tracks. It's funny, you can run those tracks with the safety equipment for the actual ET (which makes sense since you're only going that fast anyhow), but they will accept a factored ET for the license, since you would need the license if you take the same vehicle to a lower elevation. As turbo diesels we have the advantage of much less effect on ET than the NHRA correction factors, so someone with a 10.20 sea level truck could probably make their license passes just fine at a 2500' or higher elevation track.

I'll give you a call tomorrow Malcolm.

Yup, at least in years past they will accept "altitude factored" ETs for higher elevation tracks. It's funny, you can run those tracks with the safety equipment for the actual ET (which makes sense since you're only going that fast anyhow), but they will accept a factored ET for the license, since you would need the license if you take the same vehicle to a lower elevation. As turbo diesels we have the advantage of much less effect on ET than the NHRA correction factors, so someone with a 10.20 sea level truck could probably make their license passes just fine at a 2500' or higher elevation track.

I'll give you a call tomorrow Malcolm.

Just at the time when I was getting mine I called the Division 4 headquaters and told them Id read the print and was wanting all the grey area info, the guy then just told me just as I posted above. Being they were also here from Tx. I quess elevation was'nt even concidered or talked about. It was very cool for Michael to offer his car for the license runs, as it does'nt matter in the slightlest what car you license with as long as you run the number and all 6 passes time slips are within a certain date from each other and signed/dated by the track mang. and a couple other witness's.
By the way truck looked good, love to see a diesel jerking the front wheels, see yall in Sept.
Ryan

Thanks Michael, ya thats cool that he offered his car to help me out. Hopefully with the new transmission programm it will shift quicker now.

Thanks again.

Malcolm