NHRDA NorthEast Chapter

tmacie said:
I'm brand new to drag racing. IE never done it before.....Would this be something that I'd need to run at each track to be competitive? the further out tracks I wouldn't be able to make it to.

Travis

P.S. who has this little bug we need to squash? LOL

It's a Jetta...a black one. He was asking for more info on the NHRDA forum, and he's also on the TDI club forum.... Don't laugh, the joke might be one you,:badidea: the guys here stopped laughing at me as soon as I handed them their :shake: at the track... Ok, so I only won one event,:( but it did give me some credit out there. Not much since I couldn't back it up with another win, but some... You really should get out there and race, going to a test-n-tune first is a good idea, that is the best place for instruction. It only takes a couple, if not three, runs down the track to get the hang of it. The guy that won the Pro-2 championship out here was a newbie too. You'll find that once you start asking questions, the other racers will totally help you figure it out, and even give you tips! Good Luck!

LOL, no worries I bet he's a strong contender....just gotta defend our trucks, ya know? my only problem with going to events is my closest track is 2.5 hrs away. i'll get there though!!!

Travis

RacinDuallie said:
If the numbers support it I can't see why not?:poke: :poke: :ylsuper:

What are we talking about for numbers here? There are a few guys around here i know I could drag out and run their trucks......

Travis

If they have a class we will be their !!!!!!!!!!!!Chased the DHRA across country to TX no class no show our class we come

tmacie said:
I'm brand new to drag racing. IE never done it before.....Would this be something that I'd need to run at each track to be competitive? the further out tracks I wouldn't be able to make it to.

Travis

P.S. who has this little bug we need to squash? LOL

The NHRDA races are perfect for someone that is new to racing. You can get advice from someone else that is running a pickup. If you can't find someone locally, give me a call, and I'll fly out and give you a hand! :welcome:

Paul

paulb said:
The NHRDA races are perfect for someone that is new to racing. You can get advice from someone else that is running a pickup. If you can't find someone locally, give me a call, and I'll fly out and give you a hand! :welcome:

Paul

Thanks Paul!! I'll give it a shot. You are always welcome in the northeast!!!

Travis

yes, the NE is large, we want all you diesel freaks here! ive never run my truck down the track either, so it will be fun...ill go against you trav LOL you'll prolly smoke me, but ill try my best!

Dom

TwiztedMetal said:
yes, the NE is large, we want all you diesel freaks here!

What we need is for everybody who is interested and knows of others that are interested to start making noise....... Let's round up the troops fellas. :ylsuper: :ylsuper: get em on-line and get em noted as wanting this to happen! :poke: :poke: :poke:

It will happen. . . .:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

I know a few guys that might be interested but they are computerphobes......any other way we can get their voice noted?

Travis

i know alot of folks here in the mid-atlantic/NE that would be interested...does NHRDA do sled pulls too?

i hope this happens this year, id love to hit up some events that are within a reasonable driving distance for a day trip.

Go to www.NHRDA.com and you will see that there are sled pull events. There is a lot of info there, and even though most of its from last season, it should still give you a good idea of what the NHRDA is all about.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Jeff, I'll see if I can get some numbers for you for NorWalk and Thompson Drag race ways......