North East Truck Nationals, October 11th and 12th

I was REALLY looking forward to this pass...Too bad the Mass Diesel truck lost a tranny. :(

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

I was REALLY looking forward to this pass...Too bad the Mass Diesel truck lost a tranny. :(

I hear ya...I was lookin' forward to it also. Oh-well, hopefully Scott will work out the issues, and we'll see it tear up a track next year!:rockwoot:

MIR didn't do a very good job of advertising or even listing the event on their website. Almost nobody local knew about this event. I found out about it one month in advance but couldn't really round up too many locals at that point.

If we had a clue that there would have been so few trucks there, we would not have car pooled and brought a few more trucks.

By the way, when are the Grand Rock raffle stacks going to be up on the NHRDA site for re-raffle?

MIR didn't do a very good job of advertising or even listing the event on their website. Almost nobody local knew about this event. I found out about it one month in advance but couldn't really round up too many locals at that point.

If we had a clue that there would have been so few trucks there, we would not have car pooled and brought a few more trucks.

By the way, when are the Grand Rock raffle stacks going to be up on the NHRDA site for re-raffle?

You got that right, MIR did not advertise very well. I know next year will be done differently. Rab38 and Skynyrd said they would help hand out the fliers and stuff. I know the NHRDA is always lookin' for people to help hand out that kind of stuff.

As for the raffle, I spoke with Chris this afternoon, and they are still working out the details. I'm looking for a member of the family that has a PayPal account so when someone buys a raffle ticket, it goes right to the family. Keep an eye out on here or the NHRDA site as I'm sure they'll post something up as soon as it is ready.

Last edited:
How many trucks showed up ?? I went to the race in the spring, there were I think 8 trucks there. The MIR people were able to fit the diesels in between the junior dragsters and the rest of the cars. The NHDRA needs to find anther location for that race. There was a diesel race at Pittsburgh on Oct 4 and I'd say there were atlest 40 pick-up trucks racing + the 12-15 big rigs. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

I'm with you Steve. We get far more diesel trucks than that on a Friday night at Cecil County Dragway. I know if you had an event there you could easily quadruple your numbers if not better.

Now that I'm paying attention here on CompD, I should know about the event sooner next year so I'll be sure to round up some locals.

I think if we do a better job advertising it by putting out flyers locally and possible some radio advertisement we would get more trucks, also get MIR to make it part of their yearly flyer we would get allot more trucks. MIR is one of the best tracks on the east coast. Allthough I am a little biased since I live so close.:hehe: Randy, when you are ready to work on next year let me know and we will see what we can do locally as I said before I am more than willing to help.

The pictures are up on NHRDA site. Thanks again for everyone that showed up for the event. This event will continue to grow and get get bigger and bigger each year. Video should be up next week.

Click on link to view pictures
http://www.nhrda.com/Img-DR08/20081012/index.html

Randy and Chris, thanks for putting on a great event, we will work to get more trucks next year. I just looked through the pics on the website and they look great. Can't wait to see the videos
Rob

How many trucks showed up ?? I went to the race in the spring, there were I think 8 trucks there. The MIR people were able to fit the diesels in between the junior dragsters and the rest of the cars. The NHDRA needs to find anther location for that race. There was a diesel race at Pittsburgh on Oct 4 and I'd say there were atlest 40 pick-up trucks racing + the 12-15 big rigs. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

Not sure how many trucks were there total, we had 3 trucks break, so that thinned out the race day a bit. MIR is a great track, and by far the best one in Division 5 this year. Randy is hoping to join MIR next year when they do their big Diesel Nationals.

I'm with you Steve. We get far more diesel trucks than that on a Friday night at Cecil County Dragway. I know if you had an event there you could easily quadruple your numbers if not better.

Now that I'm paying attention here on CompD, I should know about the event sooner next year so I'll be sure to round up some locals.

This is a track that interested the NHRDA, we were told by several local's that this track was a hot spot. The thing I heard that caught my attention is they have a sled pulling field. I've heard Randy say several times he will join up with ANY pulling orginizations for a joint event. So if you know of any...please share that with the NHRDA.

I think if we do a better job advertising it by putting out flyers locally and possible some radio advertisement we would get more trucks, also get MIR to make it part of their yearly flyer we would get allot more trucks. MIR is one of the best tracks on the east coast. Allthough I am a little biased since I live so close.:hehe: Randy, when you are ready to work on next year let me know and we will see what we can do locally as I said before I am more than willing to help.

Rob you hit this right on the head. It takes a couple years of local people to help spread the word and pass out flyers. Radio stations are great, I know I hooked the NHRDA up with a local one here, and we had over 40 some trucks show up...even when they knew rain was in the forecast. I believe that next years event will be bigger and better than this years.

Everyone has good points and we are listening to them all. We definetly want to expand the Northeast and find area's and tracks that will support the diesel community. Josh is correct about the ohio event he helped get out posters to local shops and also directed us towards the radio stations we should advertise with and we had a great turnout even with bad weather looming over us.

And as more people join the NHRDA family that will also help us find out where to advertise and how to make Division 5 grow in a good positive manner. We are finishing up the 2008 season and we already have our sights on 2009. We will be going to the Sema show and PRI show to retain our current sponsor and also bring new sponsors into the NHRDA family. We also have starting contacting current racetracks and also new ones that we want to add to our 2009 schedule. This sport is still in its early stages so all the help and advice we can get from our members is very appreciated.

Once again thanks for all the input we are listening and moving forward into the 2009 season.

There is plenty of diesel pickup support in the states of MD, VA, PA, DE & NJ within reach of MIR. I attend several local diesel events a year and the turnout is usually very strong.

I think part of it may be a misunderstanding of what this style of racing really is. I have to commend Jeremiah for bringing out his Ford 6.0 and the guy with the 18 sec dually. I know personally I have avoided entering events like this because I know my truck isn't 12 or even 13 second material but that's not what it's about. I can run my truck extremely consistently pass after pass and I now know that I could compete at a NHRDA event.

I think it's more fun to watch a 12 sec truck to run down a 14 sec guy than it is to see a strong side by side race.

720deere is right there is plenty of diesel support in the delmarva area look at the local pulls there is always a good crowd at the events. it would be awsome if we could get mason dixon for next year to have a combined event.

About the same Steve, PRP gets more on wed night test and tune!!! i hope it comes around next year but still IMO running events mixxed with the Gassers is for the birds!

About the same Steve, PRP gets more on wed night test and tune!!! i hope it comes around next year but still IMO running events mixxed with the Gassers is for the birds!

Hey Caleb, it was good to see ya again. You guys did a good job scrambling to get that pump changed out!

The reason for the piggy back event is this was the first year there. Not knowing anyone out in that area, the NHRDA did not have the means to advertise this event properly. Next year, it'll be different. Allot of the local guys stepped up and offered the NHRDA any help and support they could give. Last I spoke with Randy, he was going to talk to MIR, and try to get an event the same time they run their Diesel Nationals.

Hey Caleb, it was good to see ya again. You guys did a good job scrambling to get that pump changed out!

The reason for the piggy back event is this was the first year there. Not knowing anyone out in that area, the NHRDA did not have the means to advertise this event properly. Next year, it'll be different. Allot of the local guys stepped up and offered the NHRDA any help and support they could give. Last I spoke with Randy, he was going to talk to MIR, and try to get an event the same time they run their Diesel Nationals.

Thnax Josh, Good seeing you again to! That would be cool running with the nationals, I really liked the track, i hope some of these east coast events can take off, it sucks having to travel west all the time. We hope to be back next year, hopefully ill bring both of ours next year to, my turbo spit a bearing earlier in the week thats why mine wasent there this year!!:ft:

This sport is still young and we know it will take some time to make this grow strong nation wide.

Next year we will invite the top 16 trucks from each division to go to a regional championship

Then in 2010 there will be divisionals , then regionals and then the top 16 from east and west will meet for the world finals