NX Duramax Dragster Build Thread.

Wow...3 times the progress in 1/10 the time as the last gentleman that had that car.
Awesome updates guys...keep em coming.

Is the left hand side charger really going to face backwards? Are you guys going to rig up some type of scoop for it, or just let it breathe "naturally"? LOL, it messes with my sense of symmetry!

That is so it will haul ass backwards, Michael LOL

OK guys, ENOUGH! I am now having withdrawl from selling my dragsters. You guys are putting one great machine together. As you are showing, it takes time, and money. Did I mention MONEY? The more the better. As a funny car racer friend said to me many years ago, the way to see if you like racing...... Go flush a new $100 bill down the toilet, and if you flinch, you are going to hate racing!".....

OK guys, ENOUGH! I am now having withdrawl from selling my dragsters. You guys are putting one great machine together. As you are showing, it takes time, and money. Did I mention MONEY? The more the better. As a funny car racer friend said to me many years ago, the way to see if you like racing...... Go flush a new $100 bill down the toilet, and if you flinch, you are going to hate racing!".....

So very true.

My boss races sprint cars. He asked me.
Boss: Want to know how to have 1 million dollars racing sprint cars.
Me:I said sure.
Boss: Start with 2 LOL

I think that statement fits in any motorsports activity.

Is the left hand side charger really going to face backwards? Are you guys going to rig up some type of scoop for it, or just let it breathe "naturally"? LOL, it messes with my sense of symmetry!

This was the best way our header fabricator could make it fit nice and tight and have the least amount of piping. It still looks symmetrical and even, just backwards.

Wow...3 times the progress in 1/10 the time as the last gentleman that had that car.

Thanks Bud!
Mike and the guys are spending alot of time and energy on this thing to make it a beast!

That is so it will haul ass backwards, Michael LOL
LOL

Shooting for this title?

As mator says it......"Worlds best backwards driver" :lolly:
:eek:wned:

the real question is....

Will it be ready to haul ass in three weeks or less?

They are doing their best to get this project knocked out in a timely manner. So, you'll just have to stay tuned to see!

I thought I would give you guys a little bit of eye candy today. Heres a little something to look at! Progress is making way, however The Mile is coming up very soon!:clap:

photo29.JPG

photo28.JPG

photo27.JPG

*nx*

Clay @NX

You guys talked about an aluminum
Block still plan on running one? Great build by the way. I am following this closely to see how it works out for you guys. I want to install a very similar build into my prostock impala.

Thanks

Malcolm

As a funny car racer friend said to me many years ago, the way to see if you like racing...... Go flush a new $100 bill down the toilet, and if you flinch, you are going to hate racing!".....

Damnit Scott you owe me a $100 and a new toilet!

You sound surprised LOLLOLLOL

Awesome looking car guys...can't wait to see it somewhere down the road!
Chris

They are doing their best to get this project knocked out in a timely manner. So, you'll just have to stay tuned to see!

i'l be doing more than staying tuned. i'll be at the texas mile and wanna see this thing in real life. Looks GREAT! i hope it makes it for sure!

Will you guys be running it anywhere besides the Texas Mile this year? Very nice work as usual.

Here's the planned schedule:

March 25-27-Texas Mile, Goliad TX
April 2-NHRDA Texas Diesel Nationals, Ennis Texas
April 16-18-IHRA Top Dragster, Pine Valley Raceway Park*
May 7-NHRDA Elite Diesel Nationals, Pueblo CO
May 28-30-IHRA Top Dragster, State Capitol Dragway*
June 4-NADM Buckeye Nationals, Hebron OH
July 16-NADM East Coast Nationals, Numidia PA
Sept 3-NADM Weekend on the Edge, Salt Lake City UT
September 10-12-IHRA Top Dragster, Dallas Raceway*
Oct 1-NADM Ohio Nationals, Hebron OH
Oct 8-ODRA/NADM Texas Roundup, Dallas TX
Dec 9/10-NADM PRI Drags. Orlando FL

Well.. The time is narrowing down. The parts are still filtering through the door. And the NXD project is nearing completion. Hopefully, we can get it all buttoned up in time.

Here is a few more progress pictures as of yesterday!

photo44.JPG

photo43.JPG

photo38.JPG

photo35.JPG

We got our FASS/ Water-Meth system in place. As well as our dual bottle bottle mounts in place. We are now looking at hoses and electrical as our two main tasks to focus on!

Ill keep you guys updated as progress continues.
Clay@NX

Who is going to wheel this thing? Looks great so far guys!

You mean you're gonna spray it?? :hehe: :hehe:

Looking awesome. Can't wait to see it at the track....I'm buying stock in furniture now:D
Chris

There's not going to be any air flow issues over the one filter that's pointed backwards?