OBX outlaw race this weekend

Thanks also to Bo and Dan for making some passes in the dragster (or trying to) it was crazy to see pro mod cars run 4.1X at 175 mph, then see Bo spin at the 330 mark. Some serious torque for sure. Diesel Power Mag will have coverage of the event in a couple months as soon as I write the story LOL

Darren made 4 passes with his truck without issue. I think the boy went to the John Force school of burnouts because we all were treated to some sweet burnouts, and some great passes from the S10.
:

I was playing around with my camera and got some cool "blur" night shots of Darren. Too fuzzy for the magazine, but hey, you guys don't care, right? :D

BTW Congrats on the 5.09 Darren.

IMG_7321.jpg

Sounds like everyone had a great time. We'll definetly try and make it next year. What a little 6000 mile drive amongst friends?

Thanks jason that's a pretty cool shot but that was the slowest pass I made all weekend but I had fun every pass. Thanks for the pic.

I figured since the others smoked the lights (or dragged the body, or whatever) I would post the "most legit" one. Either way you're knocking on the door to the 7s and 4s. Good talkin to ya by the way.

cool pic .....i think darren has the best lookin truck around

I was playing around with my camera and got some cool "blur" night shots of Darren. Too fuzzy for the magazine, but hey, you guys don't care, right? :D

BTW Congrats on the 5.09 Darren.

IMG_7321.jpg

Damn ya'll are makin me really pissed that I had to work this weekend..

Congrats to Jeff as well! I hope to make the next one!

Damn ya'll are makin me really pissed that I had to work this weekend..

Congrats to Jeff as well! I hope to make the next one!

Yea well we going to PA in july and cecil GA ..(I think i spelled that right)..so you better start askin off swole and gettin your tru:rockwoot:ck fixed

well guys to say it was hot at the track was an understatement!i think track temps were approaching 135 degrees at times.i would like to thank our sponsors,if we keep doing this we will need your continued support.the racers were great,i didnt hear a single complaint the entire time.i often mentioned to various teams and racers how they should have picked a cooler day for a race,however everyone was fast to mention we can live with the heat just happy for no rain.we had trucks come from all over the eastern sea board of the US and the deep south.Brian aka poo dot Carter took the long haul award coming in from Oklahoma.but many race teams drove in excess of 10 plus hours to come and race.our local diesel groups and organizations made a very strong showing.i was told 17 tech cards in pro street,41 tech cards in the Diesel Addiction et brackets and i forget the exact number in 7.7 index but a great showing of trucks there as well.DPM was there with the dyno and worked long hours in some intense heat.by the way David thanks for getting me my first 1000hp plus dyno sheet.
the Shcied dragster put on an awesome display of power running after low 4 second pro mods and then blowing the tires at half track was a super dispaly of power.As always Mr Shcied was class act.
perhaps the biggist show of the event were the passes made by Darren M it looks like all the hard work is coming together.Darren there were a lot of your supporters that were jumping up and down and high fiving on those runs,myself included.if you guys think you are diesel heads you need to find out were Darren will be next and see this truck in person.
we had 17 pro street trucks and although i wont list you all,i want to thank every one of you for coming.a few that must be mentioned Jeff Garmon,he was on the tree all day congrats.also Brian B for finishing second.if you hadnt of red eyed that would have been a close final.
TS perfromance were in full force as Barry and Craig took home the cash and trophys in the 7.7 index and the bracket class.
as for the truck pull,we did have some confusion and it got started late,but who would have figured we would have had so many diesel trucks racing,it just pushed the start time back for the pull by several hours.to those that had some concerns with the pull i hope you will give us another try.i promise if we do this again the pull will be as smooth as the race next time.
thanks to Tim for doing our race commentary and to Dennis Perry for helping with the ladders and getting the trucks lined up in the lanes.
thanks to all who came out and supported this event,without your time and participation the event wouldnt have been !

Finally thanks to Ivey Johnson and the entire crew at the Outerbanks Speedway,you guys gave us a kick tail race track in smokin hot weather....

thanks again ...

Jess, it was a great weekend. You guys really put on one helluva show up there. I had an absolute blast getting to see everyone again and seeing some of the most competitive racing we have seen in a long time. The heat wasn't that big of a deal either..... I just hid in the AC as much as possible between rounds LOL Tell Marlo thanks for lunch again.... I must get the secret spice blend. Congrats to all of those who took home some hardware... That was a stout ass field for sure.

Why stop there.....hurry someone plan something for the fall when it cools down in the Carolinas.

Everything about this event was top-notch! I had a blast! Thanks to the Spruills for all the hard work. .........Great job!
Man.....wouldn't-it be nice if we could bring in that kind of field at all our events! If things keep going like this......our sport may actually start to grow again!:tree:
As far as my dyno #'s that were mentioned..........My truck hates dynos and I was nervous as %&@* about dynoing before the race or pull! I was down 20 lbs of boost so the #'s are not all that great..........but, I was just happy to back-off the rollers and be able to move-on to racing. And, as Brian J. said, I did spray :nos: to get the 1029. (somebody said something about "go-big or go-home"). I'm just trying to keep-up with the big-boy's! Enough about that........
It was great racing with all you guy's and I should thank Team Stuckey for the replacement noid.:thankyou2:

BTW, Brian J............your truck is a FREAK!!!!! Congrats on the Top Truck Challenge! (was it 2nd or 3rd place???)

Ed,Brian came in 3rd in top truck,but was very close...

I figured since the others smoked the lights (or dragged the body, or whatever) I would post the "most legit" one. Either way you're knocking on the door to the 7s and 4s. Good talkin to ya by the way.

heres the ticket!cid__IMG00001.jpg its hard to read but here is the incrementals 60ft 1.17 330ft 3.32 594ft 4.76 1/8 et 5.09 @136.85 . we had two other passes that the 60ft were scewed but we werent the only ones the track had something going on with the beams in the right lane all weekend our first pass was 138.47 mph and the second pass 139.52 mph it sucks we did not get a correct ticket on these passes we felt the second one was in the fours for sure. thanks jason for the pic i would appreciate any pics or vids of my passes i would really like to view them for learning purposes.

OBX

Sorry for the delay, after the race I took my family to see some of the NC Lighthouses while in the area.
I would like to thank Jess and Buck for holding one of the best events that I have attened in a long time. There was plenty of stiff competition in all of the classes. That was one of the largest Pro Steet class I've ever seen.
Congatulations to Jeff Garmon on his win, it was well deserved! I hate I Lit the red light, I was trying to find every inch of advantage, guess a got a little greedy on the tree.
I still had one heck of a time at OBX!
Darren has one mean S-10 with a few awesome passes.:evil
Thanks again Buck and Jess!:rockwoot:

Brian Buchanan