ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

What is the tonage in this blank? Under Unlimited class? Don't want to drive to Dallas and get rejected.

Does the tonage stay the same all the time or changed per race?

Body: The body must be a _ ton or larger OEM truck body. Mild customizing, body kits, and chopped roofs are permitted. The fullbodied
appearance must be retained with a minimum of two functional doors.
The doors must open and close from inside and outside. Fiberglass and other lightweight components are limited to the hood, fenders,

Since we are combining the classes your weight is fine! Come out to race, got a lot of people coming!

Since we are combining the classes your weight is fine! Come out to race, got a lot of people coming!

Sounds good but what is the true tonage for the unlimited class just so I do know for the future thanks.

It'll run consistent 11.7's-11.8's. But I guess since I'm gonna run the qd class I don't have to worry about the sub12.0 rules. I do need the front shaft and blow down tube tho.

And can somebody with nadm let me if there is a crankshaft height rule in quick diesel?

You will be ok in the QD class. Where we really start stressing that is the under 12 sec trucks.

It'll run consistent 11.7's-11.8's. But I guess since I'm gonna run the qd class I don't have to worry about the sub12.0 rules. I do need the front shaft and blow down tube tho.

And can somebody with nadm let me if there is a crankshaft height rule in quick diesel?

Scott, can't help with the crankshaft rule however

on Jegs.com the blow down tube is $24.99:
NOS 16160 NOS Nitrous Bottle Blow-Down Tube Kit

*I was under the impression you didnt need a blow down tube unless the bottle was in the vehicle...not sure about this.

also found a generic drive shaft loop I am sure you could manipulate $34.99:
Jegster 40732 Jegster Camaro/Firebird Welded Driveshaft Loop

Didn't look for the jacket but I bet you could find one pretty cheap...or maybe borrow one the day of the race.

It would be Cool to see you run in the 11s as a daily driver!

Micah
:rockwoot:

Sounds good but what is the true tonage for the unlimited class just so I do know for the future thanks.

1/2 to 1 ton chassis. I have been around your truck when the previous owner had it. Come and race you wont have any trouble.

For the guys concerned withh the vent tube. That is for trucks with the bottle mounted in the cab. If it is in the cab with you it must be vented.

What will say, a Ford Ranger with a high HP 6.0 class in at?

Not exactly a full size truck.

Thanks for the links Micah. My bottle is in the cab so I cab cheat at the haltom city dyno next month! Haha. I'm planning on busting out an 11 then try to detune for QD. or just let off at the end!

Now that would be a truck to see in person run the 1/4 mile, got any videos?

Just a curiosity....whats the weight of the truck?

What trucks do you normally compete against?

Wonder if we could get the Mustang with the Duramax out there to race you...?

:rockwoot:

The blow-down tube is no big deal. I've got one in my truck. You need to put it on before you fill your bottle though because there's a fitting with a rupture disc that the tube attaches to. I've got a jacket too if anyone needs it when I'm not running.

I guess I could invest in a jacket with as much as I've been running it lately. HRP never checks. They only freak out if you smoke the lights and run a low 9 in a 4x4 3/4 ton street truck

It has not seen the track yet. "Should" be ready for the Oct race.
Heres a few million pages to read. LOL
Project DeRanged truck progress - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Cant wait to see it on the track!!!

I have read and heard about the build...just not lately.

Since I haven't kept up with it, I didnt know if you have had any recent test n tune sessions that you may have had a video of...

Since it hasn't made it to a track yet it "Should" make for a interesting day in October.

Maybe once it hits the track(s) a Class will develop for it, if there isn't one already.

:tree:

Wow what if Joe Arnold from FL shows up with his Ranger with the Cummins in it - he was running Quick Diesel in PA!

Two Rangers banging it out!:rockwoot:

We have been letting the rangers and S-10's run in the unlimted class. No one has had a problem with it yet. Or you can run quick diesel but you are running faster than that aint you?

Just to inform everyone that Lott is shooting his mouth off again. Says he will be busting off a 10 second pass in a 7.3 at this race.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Make sure and remind him of it when it doesn't happen.