ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

SO_ what's the parking area going to be like? There are a bunch of us in a group that want to come out but would prefer to crash there for the night (no drinking and driving you know). I want to bring my 5'er to make it nice and comfortable for the snoozing. Is there any problem with just bringing it in to the back of the parking area at this place or are they going to have a problem with it? Some places don't care and others have problems with overnighting in their parking lots after the event is over (that's why I am asking). I figure a lot of the racers and pullers will be staying over but may be in a different area than general parking and also want to know if there is a specific place to go if they want all the trailers in one place.
Thanks a lot for any straight answers...

Id call the track and ask if I were you; but the parking there for big meets or events is in a huge field off to the west side very simular to the parking at the Motorplex. Just hope for the grounds to be dry......
Ryan

SO_ what's the parking area going to be like? There are a bunch of us in a group that want to come out but would prefer to crash there for the night (no drinking and driving you know). I want to bring my 5'er to make it nice and comfortable for the snoozing. Is there any problem with just bringing it in to the back of the parking area at this place or are they going to have a problem with it? Some places don't care and others have problems with overnighting in their parking lots after the event is over (that's why I am asking). I figure a lot of the racers and pullers will be staying over but may be in a different area than general parking and also want to know if there is a specific place to go if they want all the trailers in one place.

I will try and find out for you tomorrow.

We are also interested in the motorhome parking for the night before the event.

Any news?

Any word on an open class at the end for sled pulling?

Three classes for sled pulling

Workstock - street
Super Street

No open class per say - teching and insurance restrictions keeps us from holding such a class.

Any word on the Payout for the pulling?

For you local guys there anything that us guys from a distance away can do for a few days to make a vacation out of it for the old lady's?

Any word on the Payout for the pulling?

For you local guys there anything that us guys from a distance away can do for a few days to make a vacation out of it for the old lady's?

Give her a hundred dollar gift card to Wal-Mart and watch her go wild lol

You think I am made of money or something? They got Goodwill down there?
Well..I didn't want her fillin a trailer for you to bring home lol but on a serious note, I'm not from that area, but I'm sure some of the other guys can chime in...

We are also interested in the motorhome parking for the night before the event.

Any news?

Its a brand new facility, not many of us have been to however it is Awesome!!

With a massive concrete parking area and rv hook ups on pit side and all pavement parking on spectator side...not sure what the track policies are as far as overnight stays...you might want to call the track...Phone: 972-474-2600..the website is Home

Tower:
DSC_0008.jpg

Starting Line:
DSC_0009.jpg

The Spotless Bathrooms:
DSC_0011.jpg

Concession area - eat inside in the A/C or on the patio:
DSC_0027.jpg

Downtown Dallas is about 20 to 30 min away with plenty to do!!! You name it you can find it in Big D!!!

For overnight parking be sure to check directly with the track. There is plenty of pavement and concrete areas if they will allow it...Phone: 972-474-2600..the website is Home

*Friday night will have some cool cars that run in a group called "King of the Hill" they will be running the night before (Friday Oct 9th) and they are always cool to watch!!! They run high 4s in the 1/8th!!

Three classes for sled pulling

Workstock - street
Super Street

No open class per say - teching and insurance restrictions keeps us from holding such a class.

what are the rules to the super street? so with no open class your saying that even if your truck has the safety equipment for what the truck is, if it is not street legal you cannot compete?! i don't see the point in that b/c our guys trucks are nothing special. my brothers "sled truck" has a stock turbo on it with injectors and small chip, but isn't registered or inspected so he can't pull either? why not have say a "fun" class where there is no winnings to be had and the trucks still much have the safety equipment to match the truck, but let them run instead of maybe forcing an almost stock non street legal truck into super street or something... just saying i would try to fix up a class for it where it is still safe and anyone can go out and have fun

Link to the rules:National Association of Diesel Motorsports Click on large red button, left side of the page.

These are national rules, they are in place for a reason, one reason is so we don't have to negotiate rules at every event, in every state.

I will tell you, we wont be checking to see if the plates match the truck in Texas for this show.

What we will be checking are:

Exhaust UP
Crossbolts
U-joint shields
blankets
SFI clutch cards
SFI flex plate cards
Other safety where it applies, read the rules, make your truck comply.

I take it your work stock class is not really intended for stock or tune only type trucks?

NADM WS main rule is stock appearing turbo, no hanging weights.
Exhaust, intake, fuel type class.

I take it your work stock class is not really intended for stock or tune only type trucks?

Josh...unless I am missing something your dads dually should be good for the work stock class unless its different from Deleon...see the NADM rules posted on the runnadm.com site.

Your truck will need the shields, etc. just like it would need for the tttpa.

NADM WS main rule is stock appearing turbo, no hanging weights.
Exhaust, intake, fuel type class.

Josh...unless I am missing something your dads dually should be good for the work stock class unless its different from Deleon...see the NADM rules posted on the runnadm.com site.

Your truck will need the shields, etc. just like it would need for the tttpa.
Unless I read the rules wrong, it looks like it would need cross bolts in the exhaust, u-joint shields, and exhaust pointing up. I hope none of that is needed because I'm sure either he or I would want to hook the truck to the sled, but I don't want to do all that to a truck that is primarily driven and used to tow/haul on the street.

Yes, we have spent the last several years writeing a rulebook, but don't enforce it????????

Work stock:Exhaust UP, NO hood stacks, if the cat and /or STOCK muffler have been removed, crossbolts MUST be installed.

Work Stock does not have U-joint shield requirements, 2.6 and up does.

I would suggest, to everyone, if you want to hook at an NADM event, quit complaining on the internet, and get to work making your truck safe to compete.

Safety is nation wide, it doesn't make it less dangerous because the truck is in Texas than Indiana.

Unless I read the rules wrong, it looks like it would need cross bolts in the exhaust, u-joint shields, and exhaust pointing up. I hope none of that is needed because I'm sure either he or I would want to hook the truck to the sled, but I don't want to do all that to a truck that is primarily driven and used to tow/haul on the street.

cross bolts - $5.00 (Loews) and 15 min of time
*if your cat or stock muffler has been removed - work stock

DSC02235.jpg

Has not changed any performance on mine.

Silverline makes a turn up tip for most stock exhausts...on a local muffler shop could do it...
:rockwoot: