ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 10

Three classes for sled pulling

Workstock - street
Super Street

No open class per say - teching and insurance restrictions keeps us from holding such a class.

Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to make it down there because of $$$$ I hope the show is a has a big turn out and goes well.

Dale

Link to the rules:National Association of Diesel Motorsports Click on large red button, left side of the page.

These are national rules, they are in place for a reason, one reason is so we don't have to negotiate rules at every event, in every state.

I will tell you, we wont be checking to see if the plates match the truck in Texas for this show.

What we will be checking are:

Exhaust UP
Crossbolts
U-joint shields
blankets
SFI clutch cards
SFI flex plate cards
Other safety where it applies, read the rules, make your truck comply.

Where do we get SFI cards?

When I got my ATS flex plate it came with a card. I believe the clutches should come with one also.

Yes, we have spent the last several years writeing a rulebook, but don't enforce it????????

Work stock:Exhaust UP, NO hood stacks, if the cat and /or STOCK muffler have been removed, crossbolts MUST be installed.

Work Stock does not have U-joint shield requirements, 2.6 and up does.

I would suggest, to everyone, if you want to hook at an NADM event, quit complaining on the internet, and get to work making your truck safe to compete.

Safety is nation wide, it doesn't make it less dangerous because the truck is in Texas than Indiana.
The u-joint shields were my main concern. I'm glad they aren't required.

cross bolts - $5.00 (Loews) and 15 min of time
*if your cat or stock muffler has been removed - work stock

DSC02235.jpg

Has not changed any performance on mine.

Silverline makes a turn up tip for most stock exhausts...on a local muffler shop could do it...
:rockwoot:
The bolts aren't a problem at all, I can pull the front pipe, drill and install the bolts in less than an hour. As long as a 90 degree turn-up is good enough, I think we can manage that one as well. I know dad wants to pull again since the trans wasn't cooperating with him at the Deleon pull.

Yes, we have spent the last several years writeing a rulebook, but don't enforce it????????

Work stock:Exhaust UP, NO hood stacks, if the cat and /or STOCK muffler have been removed, crossbolts MUST be installed.

Work Stock does not have U-joint shield requirements, 2.6 and up does.

I would suggest, to everyone, if you want to hook at an NADM event, quit complaining on the internet, and get to work making your truck safe to compete.

Safety is nation wide, it doesn't make it less dangerous because the truck is in Texas than Indiana.

I agree

I'm sure NADM could have this pull anywhere in the US, but chose to bring a big event to Texas..

If everyone wants to complain about this stuff, It will just insure that we wont have a great event like this next year.

NADM puts on some of the best shows around the country, and we should be thankful that they are hosting this event in our area.

:clap:

I agree

I'm sure NADM could have this pull anywhere in the US, but chose to bring a big event to Texas..

If everyone wants to complain about this stuff, It will just insure that we wont have a great event like this next year.

NADM puts on some of the best shows around the country, and we should be thankful that they are hosting this event in our area.

:clap:
I'm sorry if my posts sounded like I was complaining. I plan on showing up to drag race no matter what, but I figured if the truck will meet the WS class rules without doing a bunch of BS, then we would enter it in that too. I'm not going to put u-joint shields on a truck to compete once or twice a year, and it sounds like it isn't necessary.

I'm very happy that the NADM is bringing this event so close to home.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys! These shows do cost a lot to put on and our sponsors helps NADM to do so! In that is the reason we strive to make the events safe so the sponsors do not worry about liability because of un-safe competition - that is the reason for the rules!:bang:bang

I know - what is the world coming to!

We plan on having a great show with lots of diesel entertainment all day long at the track with nice cash purse payouts!

How can you guys help - make sure a crowd shows up! Bring your friends, kids, neighbors, even diesel guys who are not going to compete!

Thanks
NADM

Hopefully there will be good attendance at this event. I know there's a decent chunk of us from the College Station are that will for sure be there...
Am I correct in thinking that the test-n-tune is on the Friday night before?

Im still waiting for a call back on camping at the track, I havent forgot about you guys just cant get anyone to answer the question.

I was going to call, but I figure you might get a little more information that just a usual guy like me. Hope they are at least open to us parking in the lot even if we can't get power or water that's no big deal I just want a place to unhook and set up my "sleeping quarters". I do figure it will become a gathering place at some point in the night for people I know who are wanting to crash out, but I have told everyone I am not hosting a party under the awning or anything! That's what the track side is for!

Ya i would like to know if we can camp there also i will be bringing my camper possibly and wat all hook-ups and what not there are and wat the rate is per nite...thanks

Ok here is the deal on camping. You will be able to get in friday nite, there is a test and tune. You have to be out early sunday because of another race. Threre are no hookups. (they dont have them ready yet) There is no charge for camping.

booked hotel at the Best Western executive. 1910 U.S. Highway 175
Seagoville, Texas TX 75159. Anyone else staying there? My wife and I might have to bring baby so we wanted a good place to crash that is quiet. It is nearest to the track. Actually we only found one other closer by Dallas. Looking forward to it.

Yea, not much in hotels around the place! We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Mesquite, TX just outside of Dallas, it's about 20 miles from the track!

There is a great place to eat just down the road from the track called the Cotton Gin - good food!

We booked at the Hampton, but they don't have Semi Parking.
Anybody know anything about the Comfort Inn in Mesquite?