ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

Nice giveaway Ron. LOL
Giving away free tickets to a free race. LOL

Well...this is offically my last nadm event to attend. Between the cluster fu*k from scheduling and the crooks running the show here, its impossible to make this a decent event.

I agree! This was my first, and definately my last!!

Well a ton of people showed up late up until around 11 trying to run an event. That is why it took so long to start drag racing. It did kind of suck to wait until after sleds to finish drags. I am sure they had some reason for doing pulls and holding off drags. Maybe they had a small window to use the sled???

Had a blast though. Won unlimited and had to work hard for it. Most of the races were very close. Some were half a truck length. We had 5 low 11 high 10 trucks.

Last edited:
Starting to sound like I made a good decision not to make the trek down....

It was sloppy to say the least but I managed second in QD and got to drive the truck home an hour and half so I'm happy as can be. Well that is other than the complete spectacle I made when I tried turning the smarty up to 7 and blew the tires off and the exhaust loose from the downpipe. LOL

Well a ton of people showed up late up until around 11 trying to run an event. That is why it took so long to start drag racing. It did kind of suck to wait until after sleds to finish drags. I am sure they had some reason for doing pulls and holding off drags. Maybe they had a small window to use the sled???

Had a blast though. Won unlimited and had to work hard for it. Most of the races were very close. Some were half a truck length. We had 5 low 11 high 10 trucks.

Could have something to do with trying to keep a crowd around.

That pass with you was my highlight of the day, it was a blast and a fun way to go out, Thanks. That was my last outing in the car; I've hung up the keys and believe I have it sold. I managed on that run to make my best ever fuel only pass of a 5.432 it was a previous 5.46 and it went through the 1/4 8.691 but Ive been a 8.610 before on fuel; 60' was 1.193 but Id been a 1.188. Good clean pass no drama car went right down the track like it should. I gave that bad Little Red truck a 2.355 jump and came around right at the end like I said I would; he did a great job as well and it was a heck of a lot of fun! Opened the bottle on the last pass and planned to make another bonzi wide open pass like in Topeka [both kits] but found the bottle I just filled the day before was empty, later found the burst disk must have let loose sometime in the day from getting so hot setting out in the heat. Either way it was a good time and the car ran well and drove in the trailer ready to go again. Thanks to the NADM for putting on the Race/Pull and all the supporting sponsors that made it possible. I was really hoping to make a 7 second pass before getting out of it but I didnt get it done, I'll have to let the next owner update the Top 50 list; Im done. Had a blast though.
Ryan Tucker

Could have something to do with trying to keep a crowd around.

That, and to keep the window lickers that are too scared to line up from showing us how bad ass their truck is in the parking lot.

When will they learn that people making real power show it by trying to get their tires to not spin.

That, and to keep the window lickers that are too scared to line up from showing us how bad ass their truck is in the parking lot.

When will they learn that people making real power show it by trying to get their tires to not spin.

Yeah, I saw a lot of that once the racing and pulling was done. I actually saw two guys lined up in the parking lot drag racing side by side when there was a track 200 yards away where they could have done it safely. They didn't understand why I was pissed when I stopped them to tell them what I thought about their shennanigans. Window lickers for sure!

That pass with you was my highlight of the day, it was a blast and a fun way to go out, Thanks. That was my last outing in the car; I've hung up the keys and believe I have it sold. I managed on that run to make my best ever fuel only pass of a 5.432 it was a previous 5.46 and it went through the 1/4 8.691 but Ive been a 8.610 before on fuel; 60' was 1.193 but Id been a 1.188. Good clean pass no drama car went right down the track like it should. I gave that bad Little Red truck a 2.355 jump and came around right at the end like I said I would; he did a great job as well and it was a heck of a lot of fun! Opened the bottle on the last pass and planned to make another bonzi wide open pass like in Topeka [both kits] but found the bottle I just filled the day before was empty, later found the burst disk must have let loose sometime in the day from getting so hot setting out in the heat. Either way it was a good time and the car ran well and drove in the trailer ready to go again. Thanks to the NADM for putting on the Race/Pull and all the supporting sponsors that made it possible. I was really hoping to make a 7 second pass before getting out of it but I didnt get it done, I'll have to let the next owner update the Top 50 list; Im done. Had a blast though.
Ryan Tucker

Why the sale? you gettin out of racing?

It was a good show.

Seriously if you dont want to come back because you didnt get to run on a dyno, then dont come back. There are plenty of other people that actually come to race or pull, so no big loss.

Yes, when everything says gates open 8 and racing starts at 9, I take that as get your ass there before the race starts if you want to race. If the racing would have started on time it would have been easier to split the racing up from the sled pulling.

The sled pull was a big hit with alot of people, I talked to several people that just came out to watch the racing and never seen a pull that thought it was great and asked if we would have more pulls throughout the year. There were way more people over at the pulling track than in the stands watching the racing.

The pulling track...... what a mess, but NADM did what they could with what they had and it worked out in the end. Now we know what we need for next year.

The douch bags in the parking lot... you little ****ers can go hang out with the guys that are pissed about the dyno when they dont show up next time.:banned:

And last but not least thanks to NADM and all of the guys that came from out of state.

Did they ask you if backing into the sled was normal? LOL

Did Dan make you attend anna's school of pulling before he let you take the keys to the farm truck? :D

Hey now I didnt take off in reverse. When the trucks bouncing like crazy and your going for neutral sometimes ya over shoot and hit reverse.

It was still good enough for second.. I was thinking I went far enough for first but after hitting the sled in reverse it might have pushed the sled backwards some.:hehe:

All in good fun, I'd expect you to rag on me if I killed it off the line or something.

It's too bad the track was the way it was. There were some trucks that were going big that just blew the tires loose trying to get it started.