ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

Just a note: I was NOT the maroon 2nd gen doing burnouts!

No, you were not. The one doing burnouts had a rollcage coming out of the back window. I wasn't trying to blame you, I apologize.

I watched you race, you have a very clean, consistent truck.:rockwoot:

Oh yeah, I tried to send Dan that beer I said I'd give him when we were at the cotton gin but I was told he was drinkin tea.:doh:

Yup I was drinking Tea, I had to drive and didnt need any trouble,I appreciate it though, maybe next time.

We had a good time, actually we won the super Street class because
everyone broke except us, did I just say that, that's a first, usually the other way around.

anyhow It was good seeing everyone.

Thanks NADM,

Lol for you I'm going to make sure they charge you, :blahblah1:

Thanks for running up the posts and views for NADM we appreciate your support!

Since he crews on one of the 4 cars int he Mickey Thompson 3 second club, (as in 3 second 1/8th) I don't think it will be a problem. Don't you have a used car to sell or something?

Yes its nice to dyno your truck after you make some changes..

But correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 or 3 places to dyno any day of the week with in a hours drive in our area.

To drive 5+ hours in hopes that there will be a dyno is just funny to say the least.

I went up there to sled pull last year... Guess what didnt get to... But what did most of the guys that went to sled pull do.. They raced there trucks... and we sure as hell were not out in the parking lot doing burn outs.

Make the best of it.

Getting pissy about it and saying your not coming back next year really promotes the sport in a good way. Im sure NADM likes to hear that. I know there are plenty of other places far from here that they could put on a show. So just keep *****ing and we wont have to worry about it next year.

I would have liked to dyno just to get brandon off my back about having a 600hp truck.

Didnt get to oh well, I will come back next year if NADM does.

Yes its nice to dyno your truck after you make some changes..

But correct me if I am wrong, there are 2 or 3 places to dyno any day of the week with in a hours drive in our area.

To drive 5+ hours in hopes that there will be a dyno is just funny to say the least.

I went up there to sled pull last year... Guess what didnt get to... But what did most of the guys that went to sled pull do.. They raced there trucks... and we sure as hell were not out in the parking lot doing burn outs.

Make the best of it.

Getting pissy about it and saying your not coming back next year really promotes the sport in a good way. Im sure NADM likes to hear that. I know there are plenty of other places far from here that they could put on a show. So just keep *****ing and we wont have to worry about it next year.

I would have liked to dyno just to get brandon off my back about having a 600hp truck.

Didnt get to oh well, I will come back next year if NADM does.

Ever think they planned their schedule to do it AT AN EVENT? Sounds to me like perhaps your being just as unreasonable. Your looking at it under your perspective alone. There will be an event in Texas next year, don't you worry.

Lol for you I'm going to make sure they charge you, :blahblah1:

Thanks for running up the posts and views for NADM we appreciate your support!

They do charge me...annually for my ADRL membership then 10 bucks a race for my crewmember wristband. When I pay I gt my card on the spot....have for the last 3 years I've been involved with ADRL.
BTW...I have a box of 2000 tickets for our world finals this month if you need more to give away.
Funny....I'm still waiting on my NADM card I paid for when I joined your organization....several years ago in Bakersfield, Ca.
Maybe you can handle that for me, Ron?

And your boss probably doesn't go with you.....

Usually that means he foots the bill, So you could go to all the big events, including Vegas for a week, all the sled pulls you want to, free beer and the best part get paid for it. where do I sign. lol

Usually that means he foots the bill, So you could go to all the big events, including Vegas for a week, all the sled pulls you want to, free beer and the best part get paid for it. where do I sign. lol

where do i send my application dan???

That pass with you was my highlight of the day, it was a blast and a fun way to go out, Thanks. That was my last outing in the car; I've hung up the keys and believe I have it sold. I managed on that run to make my best ever fuel only pass of a 5.432 it was a previous 5.46 and it went through the 1/4 8.691 but Ive been a 8.610 before on fuel; 60' was 1.193 but Id been a 1.188. Good clean pass no drama car went right down the track like it should. I gave that bad Little Red truck a 2.355 jump and came around right at the end like I said I would; he did a great job as well and it was a heck of a lot of fun! Opened the bottle on the last pass and planned to make another bonzi wide open pass like in Topeka [both kits] but found the bottle I just filled the day before was empty, later found the burst disk must have let loose sometime in the day from getting so hot setting out in the heat. Either way it was a good time and the car ran well and drove in the trailer ready to go again. Thanks to the NADM for putting on the Race/Pull and all the supporting sponsors that made it possible. I was really hoping to make a 7 second pass before getting out of it but I didnt get it done, I'll have to let the next owner update the Top 50 list; Im done. Had a blast though.
Ryan Tucker

Ryan, thanks for running with me that was the coolest thing I have ever experienced in that truck bar none. You timed it like a champ! I wish my in car cam was not dead. As fast as you flew by me it would have made for an incredible video. Great hanging out with you guys.

Not sure if you have this anywhere else Ryan but I just got it emailed to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29wz_P5Xog"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J29wz_P5Xog[/ame]

Last edited:

And I felt lucky just being able to take the weekend off to come.......:doh:

Oh brother. No I had not seen that yet, a neighbor was down videoing for the track and must have put that together, little odd but thats fitting for most the rest of the day, lol. It was a good time and Thanks again for the race! P.S. Video is a bit odd, in places obvious it was built from a non racers prespective and corny; I had Nothing to do with it and my first time seeing it. None the less, it was a great time.

Someone I talked to in Virginia a couple weeks ago had told me NADM is out of business after this season? Is this true? Lost all sponsors...?

I know they said they were looking for sponsors for the pull a few days before it

Someone I talked to in Virginia a couple weeks ago had told me NADM is out of business after this season? Is this true? Lost all sponsors...?

No, completely false on all accounts. Sorry to disappoint Dalpilot and Unbroken, who seem to find glee when things go wrong at an NADM event.

Pulling track sucked.

My fault, the details of why are unimportant, but I think I lost the rest of my hair and aged 20 years in a 24 hour period, trying to come up with a solution. I found out later after the show it was circumstances beyond our control, but that doesnt make it any better.

The bottom line is we got the pull in, which is 100% improvement over last year, paid out good purses, and fans I talked to as they were leaving, said it was a great event, and want it back. NADM will be back in Texas, the Texans deserve a show like this.

As far as scheduling pulling/racing- I was losing the moisture on the pulling track every minute so we tried to get it finished before we had a dust cloud on the race track.

Guys, I cannot stress enough, please, PLEASE be on time to these events!!! Racing should have been half over when the pulling started but the registration line was still full as people were coming in to race HOURS after they should have been off the trailer and doing time trials.

Noticed the hotel parking lot party cleaned up their garbage every night, thanks, it makes us all look better!!

Did anyone get a picture of the make shift water truck entertainment in front of the Monster truck trailer?

Special thanks to Brian, Dan, Micah and about 100 other people who helped out here and there, and especially zstroken for spelling me off on flagging!!

And yes, we always look for event sponsors right up to the last minute, thats nothing new, Bus.

Guys, I cannot stress enough, please, PLEASE be on time to these events!!! Racing should have been half over when the pulling started but the registration line was still full as people were coming in to race HOURS after they should have been off the trailer and doing time trials.
Are you serious? Maybe you should direct this comment to the track staff. I think the competitors did way more waiting on staff than the staff did on competitors.