ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

Starts at the beginning my friend. Gates were open at 7:50, registration was open shortly after, racers were just coming in HOURS after they should have been on the track. You lose a couple hours at the start, its hard to make up throughout the day, especially when you are trying to run a pull also, with some guys doing both.

I would like to compliment the pullers on being
ready to go and in order when we started, its nice not to have to look for them!

Very impressed with the field of pullers, even Alex showed he wasn't afraid of the go pedal.

really? Who? Who is "someone"? List their name. And why no common sense and set them straight? But no, Id rather post some non informative hear say that I know nothing about.

Really? You HAD TO WAIT? Trucks were teched at 8:10 AM. Trucks were sent down the track by 8:45 AM. Drivers meeting was at 10:30 AM. TRUCKS WERE BEING TECHED UNTIL JUST AFTER 1PM because they were still coming in two or three at a time! ALSO, suppose 9 ( nine) track employees just flat out didnt show up yesterday. Now NADM has to cover those positions and duties. ORRRRR was it you had to wait on the sled pulling? We "paused" the racing and alternated between sledpulling and racing. Did you not get a check in sled pulling ( that you had to wait on ) ? For those that are complaining about this or that...did you personally approach an official and see what you could do to help out or point out what ever it was that made you so upset in order to better the situation? No? Its just much easier to hide on the forum and complain even though you got $. NICE!

There were a couple of guys that had concern about their ET times being messed up. That def sucked. I understand its not always easy to see your times at the end of the track, but they are up in the staging area as well. Also, AS SOON as I found an issue with the ET times (were not on the board at the end of the traps correctly) I went to the staging lanes and REMINDED EVERY DRIVER as stated in the 2010 NADM RULE BOOK..." If you stage, you have agreed to the times put on the board" and that IF IT WAS NOT CORRECT DO NOT STAGE!

Jesus guys, more hard work and time, money, and effort, and stress goes into these events than most can even IMAGINE. If you were HONEST you would be posting that most everyone had a good time and had lots of good competition. 95% of the people I talked to were VERY happy with the event and even had DOZENS wanting an event in San Antonio, Innis, and a place outside of Houston. IF you insist on being so good at running your mouth why not try and see if Ron will make you an announcer? :poke:

It was posted on here, the gates open at 8 and racing starts at 9. I rolled through the gates at 8:20 and was probably the 4th or 5th truck that was teched. While I was being teched, it was announced that the staging lanes were open and we could start making passes. I assumed this was the qualifying passes for the racing, but it turns out it was just Test and Tune to pass the time until the person who could enter the information in the computer got there. The driver's meeting that was supposed to be at 10 was postponed until 10:30. Then at 11:30 the lanes were closed for 30 minutes or so while the track staff ate and the racer info was entered into the computer. Finally we were making qualifying passes and got started with eliminations. While the first round of eliminations was going on it was announced that they were going to start sled pulling with the 2.8 class while eliminations were going on. Then all of a sudden, there were no track officials around and we were left waiting while our trucks got cold. If all the delays were because of people getting there late, it isn't difficult to say "Sorry, you're too late." I know it happened because I know someone who was told that.

For the record, I NEVER blamed anyone with the NADM. If you go back and read what I said, I said the comment should be directed at the TRACK staff, not NADM staff, because I was led to believe the hold up was because there were track people who didn't show.

I'm not sure if you know who I am or not, but I am one of the guys who had a problem, and I did approach an official about it and they did do something to try to make it right. I am grateful that they did, and I told them so at the track. I still missed my opportunity to race in the finals because of a track malfunction, not because of something I did, but I did not come on here bad mouthing the NADM because it was not their fault. I have no hard feelings toward any of the NADM people; I can't say I feel the same about the track. I did not hide on a forum and complain. I never made a complaint about anything. I simply responded to a post where the racers were blamed for the delays. As a racer, I took offense and responded with what I felt was the biggest cause of the delays. If I was wrong, then I was lied to about why the schedule was pushed back yesterday.

No, completely false on all accounts. Sorry to disappoint Dalpilot and Unbroken, who seem to find glee when things go wrong at an NADM event.

Pulling track sucked.

My fault, the details of why are unimportant, but I think I lost the rest of my hair and aged 20 years in a 24 hour period, trying to come up with a solution. I found out later after the show it was circumstances beyond our control, but that doesnt make it any better.

The bottom line is we got the pull in, which is 100% improvement over last year, paid out good purses, and fans I talked to as they were leaving, said it was a great event, and want it back. NADM will be back in Texas, the Texans deserve a show like this.

As far as scheduling pulling/racing- I was losing the moisture on the pulling track every minute so we tried to get it finished before we had a dust cloud on the race track.

Guys, I cannot stress enough, please, PLEASE be on time to these events!!! Racing should have been half over when the pulling started but the registration line was still full as people were coming in to race HOURS after they should have been off the trailer and doing time trials.

Noticed the hotel parking lot party cleaned up their garbage every night, thanks, it makes us all look better!!

Did anyone get a picture of the make shift water truck entertainment in front of the Monster truck trailer?

Special thanks to Brian, Dan, Micah and about 100 other people who helped out here and there, and especially zstroken for spelling me off on flagging!!

And yes, we always look for event sponsors right up to the last minute, thats nothing new, Bus.

Gene, don't sweat the track thing, it coulda been better but that's part of pulling, we get all different kinds of tracks and different types of sleds. I enjoyed the event, got to meet some good people and put a face to a name. I thought the event was organized as well or better than some of the others I have been to. I'll go back if they have another one. Thank you to NADM.

Can I make a suggestion for brackets? Instead of having us line up on our own, give the bye to lowest reaction time, then assign lanes by a deck o cards or something. Not let the guy who shows up last get the bye. When I used to run bracket classes at Houston raceway park the man in staging had his own system. Hell, 4 trucks in a row would cone from one lane making the paring totally random. And I'll volunteer to help with water box at the next Texas race. Seems the guy would soak the box for 4x4's that were trying to drive around it an it would be dry for the 2wd's.

And I'm not complaining because of my race outcome. Wait nvm. I saw sleddy and it freaked me out and redlit!!!!

I had a great time got to the 2nd to last round of the bracket et but i broke out of my time.

My only complaint is nothing was organized. Us bracket guys were down for atleast an hour! I dont know why they couldnt of ran us and the sled pullers at the same time. Another deal was, there was no exact time. I got there signed up the guy told me to bring my truck to tech, when i told him i had to swap my tires to slicks before tech. He got a attitude because i wasnt ready. Anways i get to tech and Greg with NADM tech'd my truck which he was outstanding and very nice. He made up for the other asshole with NADM.

Overall it was a great time but if we had set times and more organizing it would of been alot more enjoyable to other people.

O ya and to the guy that walked over, cause he was mad at my buddy with the maroon 2nd gen doing the nasty burnouts. Go cry a river its a frigging diesel event atleast he was parked pretty much unlike a bunch of other hoodrats doing burnouts.

There's a track to do burnouts and drive fast on. Parking lot isn't the place for that.

O ya and to the guy that walked over, cause he was mad at my buddy with the maroon 2nd gen doing the nasty burnouts. Go cry a river its a frigging diesel event atleast he was parked pretty much unlike a bunch of other hoodrats doing burnouts.

Funny story....... We had a event canceled due to dumb asses like your buddy. There where many of us that had thousands invested in the even and drove hundreds of miles to watch kids do burnouts and tear things up. To only have our event canceled by the track owner. So seeing this personally pisses me off and makes people look like punk kids that just got away from mommies tit for the first time. Might not be the case but actions try to prove otherwise. One day you will understand but until then, don't phuck it up for the rest of us.

We are lucky to have an event like this so close to home.

Can I make a suggestion for brackets? Instead of having us line up on our own, give the bye to lowest reaction time, then assign lanes by a deck o cards or something. Not let the guy who shows up last get the bye. When I used to run bracket classes at Houston raceway park the man in staging had his own system. Hell, 4 trucks in a row would cone from one lane making the paring totally random. And I'll volunteer to help with water box at the next Texas race. Seems the guy would soak the box for 4x4's that were trying to drive around it an it would be dry for the 2wd's.

And I'm not complaining because of my race outcome. Wait nvm. I saw sleddy and it freaked me out and redlit!!!!

Can't agree with you more on the box. It sucked.... Never had two tires wet unless we roll through and then back up in order to get in the groove. Should be 4x4's around box, box in middle.............. In qualifying we had a bone dry box. I stood there and pointed about 5 min it seems at him to spray some water down.

i had a great time, first time to see pulling, i showed up to watch drag races but the pulling was pretty much the thing to watch after about 1... I think that with a little more organization or maybe starting a little later in the day would get everybody there when they need to be.. all in all i had a great time,... also, to fill time would a test and tune work between rounds? like 10 bucks to tech for the guys that just want to run without competing? it would keep something to watch while it was slow.. Cant wait till the next one!!!

Oh and you freaking douch bags that were doing burnouts, that is an unsafe practice in pits that have kids running around in them, no matter if u are "away from" everybody or not, i dont appreciate it.. wait for an organized burnout contest... Also you guys who were out in the field having a good time, thanks for throwing dirt around and making us wait to have the track cleaned.

, cause he was mad at my buddy with the maroon 2nd gen doing the nasty burnouts. Go cry a river its a frigging diesel event atleast he was parked pretty much unlike a bunch of other hoodrats doing burnouts.

Its a Diesel event so we can act like irresponsible morons in the pits? Unacceptable, and it will stop.

To the idiot in the maroon 2nd gen doing multiple burnouts in the parking lot; that kept revving his motor to 4,000 RPM's, you suck at life. I went over and asked him what the hell he was doing, and he replied 'trying to have some fun'. I replied with ' are you trying to get us un-invited back?' and I walked away.

Yes, it was a cluster of an event. The dyno was held up in Tennessee for some reason, don't know why, but that sucks.

We ran into the guy who owns the track at the bar later, and apologized profusely for the guys who were acting like idiots
I'll post pics later.

Funny story....... We had a event canceled due to dumb asses like your buddy. There where many of us that had thousands invested in the even and drove hundreds of miles to watch kids do burnouts and tear things up. To only have our event canceled by the track owner. So seeing this personally pisses me off and makes people look like punk kids that just got away from mommies tit for the first time.

Ditto.

I had an awesome time. I don't think I've been to an event yet that I didn't like. Good seeing all my old friends and meeting some new ones. :D

Can't agree with you more on the box. It sucked.... Never had two tires wet unless we roll through and then back up in order to get in the groove. Should be 4x4's around box, box in middle.............. In qualifying we had a bone dry box. I stood there and pointed about 5 min it seems at him to spray some water down.

Ya right lane was even worse. I had them spray it down a few times.

To the idiot in the maroon 2nd gen doing multiple burnouts in the parking lot; that kept revving his motor to 4,000 RPM's, you suck at life. I went over and asked him what the hell he was doing, and he replied 'trying to have some fun'. I replied with ' are you trying to get us un-invited back?' and I walked away.

Yes, it was a cluster of an event. The dyno was held up in Tennessee for some reason, don't know why, but that sucks.

We ran into the guy who owns the track at the bar later, and apologized profusely for the guys who were acting like idiots
I'll post pics later.

Your apology didnt matter cause i heard from a little birdie that the track filed for bankruptcy and they are about to turn it into a 18 wheeler junkyard....

Bad video from my wifes camera. But it is something. Finals was 10:82 (Duramax) to 10:99 (Lil red). We both ran out of nitrous. We launched at the tree by almost two tenths quicker and lit the bulb at the traps. The race was less than a truck length.

Semi Finals Unlimited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJlN8TCn8A

Finals Unlimited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaNEombI1E

OPPS for the record it was 10:91 LIL Red, 10:87 Duramax for finals. Looked at the wrong slip and it was .19 to .28 reaction time

Last edited:
Your apology didnt matter cause i heard from a little birdie that the track filed for bankruptcy and they are about to turn it into a 18 wheeler junkyard....

So if you were gonna sell your truck in a few months it'd be ok for me to key the schit out if it tonight?

man there are some un happy campers on here, i would of been glad to just run the ol' 1st gen. it wouldnt of been to impressive but i got a 14.7 having to back out of the throttle to get it to shift and a broken accumulator. but with that said id come back again to race.

If i had the money for it, go ahead. I dont believe the new owner is gonna care about some tire marks.
The fact of the matter is, doing burnouts and acting like a jackass is just wrong, period. Just because you heard a rumor that the track is shutting down doesn't make it right. You think the owner doesn't have connections with people at other tracks? When the NADM guys are looking for a new track, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem telling any other track owner/manager what went on if/when they call him asking him how the event went when it was at his facility.

you're a fukking tard. go wash your mouth out with a revolver.