ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup October 9th Crandall, TX

From a spectators point of view there was a few times I thought "WTF is going on now" it was a little confusing as to which event was going on and trying to keep track. .

I think the main culprit is the crap sound system, that is a must fix at every event, top of the list.

and if you notice in the last picture of the blue dr. performance truck, the sled driver was laying on the brake, he started laying on the brakes at 100-150ft, once they switched drivers they started to pull a lot better

I don't mean to single you out, but I hear this with state of the art $250,000 sleds at almost every event.
Its bunk, and makes you look like an ignorant whiner when you bring it up.
Did you ever think they pulled better, because 1. we dressed the track between classes. or 2. they all pulled once and figured out what to do.
or 3., the sled was too light.

Do you guys actually think the sled operator gives a crap about how far each truck goes? Come on.

Come to think of it, if the sled was into making an extra $10, wouldn't he have a switch to shut off the brake lights so you conspiracy theorists wouldn't catch him!!!???? ROTFLMAO!!

Yup, I slipped the sled guy 20 bucks to put the brakes on everybody but me!!! HAHAHAAH The whole deal is the simple fact it was not a horsepower track. My truck makes decent power for what it is but there were other trucks there that had more HP than I do. I just had the correct amount of traction for my HP.

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0118.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

Nice photos!

thank you about the photo's and i never payed attention to the driver of the sled as you can tell by the photo's i was taking, a guy with me mentioned it and another guy who was walking down by the track was talking to him about it, im just going with hear say which is the wrong thing to do in most cases, and i was sitting in my truck snapping this as they went by, if y'all want copies just pm me and i'll email you the actual size ones which are 4000x3000 i believe.

alex i would have gotten more photo's of your truck, but my damn camera batteries didnt like me that day.

alex i would have gotten more photo's of your truck, but my damn camera batteries didnt like me that day.

Hey no problem, thanks for what you did get.

As far as the sled driver holding the brakes, he wasn't. I have a video I took from my Iphone that I'll post, I agree that it dang sure does look like the brake lights are on, but right when the truck stops, then you see them.

I was sure hoping when I read that, that it wasn't true. Because we are personal friends with the guys that own that sled.

My truck makes decent power for what it is

LMAO, Decent! LMAO I would say that is a little conservative.

I still like the quote by one of the folks after your pull.

"Shooooot, that truck is even driven by an old man"

Here is the video of the sled, look at the lights right at the end of the track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEs42Y1gvsY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEs42Y1gvsY[/ame]

LMAO, Decent! LMAO I would say that is a little conservative.

I still like the quote by one of the folks after your pull.

"Shooooot, that truck is even driven by an old man"

That's ok, at least when I get to start getting Social Security every month maybe I can afford to buy some good stuff!!!

did you ever figure out why the weights broke on your truck alex? i remember passing you on the road and stopping bc i saw them hanging.

I found a card stuck on my windshield that said maxcacklephotography.com

did you ever figure out why the weights broke on your truck alex? i remember passing you on the road and stopping bc i saw them hanging.

Yeah, I've had it bolted in all season. One of the bolts broke so I welded it real quick. Wasn't good enough. It ended up just rolling the frame tubing down until the bar was on the ground. It's secure for the pull this weekend in San Antonio though!