Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Correction, MLM now has 4 classes, Stock Class (stock turbo) Street Class (up to 2.8" turbo) Super Street (big turbo and twins) and Modified. I pulled Modified :)

That track was freaking great :rockwoot:

Had a great time and had a little time to meet a few folks from good ole CompD.

BBD

I will be at Ukiah in 2 weeks, should be seeing you there as well right?

Joe

A.V. Fair Pull

I posted this on another thread, but am copying it here to make sure everyone sees it.

Just a reminder for a few things on the A.V. Fair Sled Pull.

Aug. 29

Gates/Registration Open at Noon
Tech Starts at 2
Drivers Meeting 6:30
Pull at 8

Pullers, please do your best to have suitable hitches.
While we have adopted NADM rules for this event, don't be scared of or discouraged by the rules, especially the safety items. The rules are very similar to last year with the addition of a work stock class.
A showroom stock vehicle will be allowed to pull in Work Stock with no additional equipment, but we will recommend the safety items.
In 2.6, the additional safety items will be more strongly encouraged, such as driveshaft shields, loops and exhaust.
For the Superstreet class, we will expect to see a solid effort on as many of the safety items as possible. Again, in the long run, safe trucks will benefit the sport.
Modified is the only class that will require every rule to be met, safety and otherwise, no exceptions there. This wil not affect most.

The point is, we want to start getting pullers on board with safety, because I think it is important, but we realize that it wouldn't be realistic to suddenly expect pullers to meet all safety rules. Show up with a sound vehicle that fits the class you intend to pull in, upper classes put some effort in to safety, and lets have a good pull and continue to grow the sport out west. We will make recommendations and encourage safety items, but are not looking to eliminate people from pulling.

Don't forget we have over a $4,000 cash purse too! Pre register and save $5.
For more info, go to Antelope Valley Fairgrounds
or feel free to contact me at craig@bigpowerdiesel.com.

See you all there.

Craig

Got it Craig:), see ya there. Still need to get my registration in the mail......:bang

Joe

Turlock pulls were proly the best event shipman has put on so far! They made 3 classes fully stock, "cheaters" and "modified" 25 trucks in my class, casa blanca got first and after him fallowed Rui Esteves and about 5 other trucks within 5 ft. ( I got 4th or 5th unsure). Albert took first with a good pull and smoke max came in at second and josh fallowed I believe. Lots of trucks looking their best yesterday and lots of good hooks! I called shipman last week and talk to him a little bit about how good merced event was and that Turlock needed 1 more class for the big boys and maybe we got to him!!!!!!!!

Thats good he made another class, it made no sense to have a stock class and a as he put it "cheater" class and thats it. I was out of town or I would have gone. Looks like the video's are being uploaded right now, none of diesels yet though.

That's good news, congrates to the winners.

Was the track any better or the same as years past pretty loose?

BBD

Ya but its no fun when you leave your truck at home

sure it is. cuz then i can drink and don't have to drive home. When i get done with school then I'll be glad to bring it out again. but thanks to budget cuts that may be a little longer than i thought now. not cool!

no dont have money for parts and its getting close to chopping season for me sence i need new pistions im going to do the hole bottom end of the engion but sunds like turlock was a good one i had high hopes on going but work is slow so money is short

So if you local guy's didn't hook and the guy's I know didn't go who the hell did? other locals?

BBD

So if you local guy's didn't hook and the guy's I know didn't go who the hell did? other locals?

BBD

There were some guys from the house of diesel that pulled at Casa de Fruta this yr and that powerstroke rock crawler and a lot of the guys that pulled at hilmar were pulling there and a few others that hadn't pulled yet this yr. But it was a mix of new pullers and some of the same crowd.