Official Cali Sledpull thread!

STREET MODIFIED DIESEL 4x4 TRUCK RULES (CSS PULLING WEB SITE)

8000 lbs.

1. Hitch height to be no more than 26” at point of hook before, during and after pull and no closer than 36% of the wheel base to the center point of the rear end. Hitch must be rigid in all directions and solidly mounted. Pulling point can be no more than 1 ½ inches from back edge of hitching device. No clevis, chains or cable allowed in hitching device. Hitch must be attached to frame. Reese type hitch recommended. If ring type, MUST BE HORIZONTAL

2. Seatbelts are mandatory.

3. Rear suspension must have minimum of 2 inches travel. Air bags must be disconnected.

4. No hanging weights allowed off the front bumper. Secured weights will be accepted in the bed. (Added weight will be at the discretion of the scale judge, e.g. pallet of salt blocks will not be accepted; portable welders may be allowed.)

5. Tires must be DOT approved

6. Diesel fuel is the only allowed fuel. Alternative fuel tanks must be completely disconnected from the engine. Removal of alternative fuel tanks will be required.

7. Limited to one single turbo charger with an outlet that is no more than 4 inches in diameter.

8. Engine performance modifications are allowed(i.e. power chips). Engine configuration must be available in production form.
9. Vehicle/engine combination must be available from a manufacturer in production form.
cont......

now what is the exact meaning of the bold section on rule # 8????

this rule is not clear to me and i dont understad what its spose to mean

what i understand is that the motor must have stock components inside(motor work) and no porting or anything like that, but that is my understanding

am i wrong or on the right track???

Last edited:
I think it means you can't have an engine that didn't come from a 3/4t-1t truck. I don't know if that means you can't have for example a cummins in a ford though.

I think it means you can't have an engine that didn't come from a 3/4t-1t truck. I don't know if that means you can't have for example a cummins in a ford though.

thats what i first thought, but when i read it slower i realized that rule #9 whould mean that.

i think!

That sucks....so strange that happened with such a low egt on #2 only. Sorry to hear that man. I know it's early but plans?

I was afraid of that. Hope you get it back together soon and bullet proof.

Even if I put it back together "bulletproof" I'm still up against the RPM wall. Our common rail dodges don't make any power over 3200 rpm, as we're limited by electronics. I make 800 hp at 3200 rpm, and only about 300 hp at 4,000 where i'm at down the track.

I'm going to have to sit down with the brothers at Brown's diesel and come up with a game plan -- they've been down this road, and can provide the best advice.

I'm going 12v this time around.

Even if I put it back together "bulletproof" I'm still up against the RPM wall. Our common rail dodges don't make any power over 3200 rpm, as we're limited by electronics. I make 800 hp at 3200 rpm, and only about 300 hp at 4,000 where i'm at down the track.

I'm going to have to sit down with the brothers at Brown's diesel and come up with a game plan -- they've been down this road, and can provide the best advice.

P-Pump time. :rockwoot:

Jeez, Jp, that friggin' sucks BIG time! I'd have to say that pop I heard right at the end was the valve chipping and the combustion going right through that exhaust valve and out your stack. Man, it melted those pistons down....I would get that EGT gauge checked out, piston crowns should not be melting @ 1400*, your probe is pre-turbo right??

Well, get 'ol Reb on it and he'll hook you up, hope to see you at the track again soon. Don't be afraid to make an appearance at any of the upcoming events.:)

Joe

There you go! No map! u want 5k rpm's??? no problem... with a 12V. with as much effort and power u put in ur common rail, I believe u will have a much cheaper and easier time making just as much power or more with a 12V. then again, what do i know, i drive a vp'd truck.

Right on :rockwoot: After seeing all these 12v's I wish I had bought the first truck I looked at. 98 qc lb 12v, but at the time I knew nothing about mileage and thought it was to high :bang

Hope to see you out at some pulls again soon. Can't wait to see how well you get it running. :Cheer:

yea a 12v is the best on out easy to bild and can take a lot of abuse thats why i have on in my ford f250

It's either there or Sac., I have not made a decision yet. I do need to get some more pulls in, to figure out this tune though...

How was it? Results? I had to take a test in Fresno at 7:30 this morning so I couldn't make it.

How was it? Results? I had to take a test in Fresno at 7:30 this morning so I couldn't make it.

They had 3 classes plus scott pulled exhibition. I Believe Rui Esteves got 1st place in the stock class the 3rd gen white dodge got 1st in the 2nd class and smoknmax took 1st in the extreme class followed by Josh lucas and then Albert Mendes. The track was not a sandy track thats for sure. It bit hard. Quite a few more trucks than last year tho.

Back