1st O.G.
2nd Smokin' Max
3rd JP
4th Redpuller

Street
1st White 3rd gen
2nd smokin' max
3rd ...
and not sure about the rest of the places. I know I was either last or 2nd to last. little tires and power=going no where :doh:

Not sure on video's none are up yet afaik

Man you got to figure out that bouncing/shaking in the rear Joe.

I think you left the whole and had enough power for the 4lo launch but as soon as you get out of the clutch she starts to shake bad.

BBD

I just watched the video's Chelle posted and it doesn't look like the track is that bad, at least not on video. I can see dirt flying from the tires but not a lot of upward dust.

BBD

Jp any news on your truck? Freeze plug?

Anybody heard from JP, is his motor ok?

I didn't have much time to look at it today, but i pulled the valve cover, rocker arms, pushrods, injectors, etc. I have to run to LA tomorrow for racing stuff, but I'll pull the head Tuesday. Thanks for the concern. I'll post some updates when I get a better look. Dammit, made it 162k without pulling the head.

Results, Video's? :)

BBD

Scott, i'll put together the extreme class vids tonight. Albert's truck came out and kicked A$$!!! It's been a long time coming for the OG truck. John and I pulled about the same distance, never heard the official results. Joe had some pretty serious shaking going on which cost him some traction. It's too bad he couldn't get out in his 1:1 gear. I pulled my 1:1 gear with 3.73's. I think he has 3.55's.

-jp

Joe,

Got the boat back. I am sunburned and hurtin. We will hook it up at a later date.

Nice vid JP thanks for sharing :)

From the video it looks like you blew a freeze plug, hope it's not to severe.

Agree it's been long time comming for Albert, looks like he might have dialed it down a bit to get it to launch/hook up.

BBD

Man you got to figure out that bouncing/shaking in the rear Joe.

I think you left the whole and had enough power for the 4lo launch but as soon as you get out of the clutch she starts to shake bad.

BBD

I don't know what I can do to fix it, other than not attend tracks like that. Trust me it was bad, you could move about 6" deep worth of dirt with just your shoe. Very loose.
As for my shaking, it has never shook that bad before and I even ran my rear tire pressures @ 28psi, fronts were @ 19psi. The Casa de Fruta track was almost as loose and with the lower tire pressure, my rear hop was non-exisitent. Not sure what else to do, maybe get rid of the suspension stops and put some permanent blocks in there to make the rear suspension completely solid?
Not sure on the 4th low launch, I left the hole @ 4500rpm and it fell on it's face when the clutch was completely engaged. I think my 3.55 gears are just too tall for 4th low, if I had 4.10s 4th low would be my gear of choice every time.

Joe

Joe,

Got the boat back. I am sunburned and hurtin. We will hook it up at a later date.

Sounds good Andrew, I will be in contact. Thanks for tryin this past weekend but I guess sh!t happens......:bang

Joe

Well, after watching my video a couple more times, thinking long & hard about it not to mention reading some of the posts in this thread http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61045, I think the hopping was mostly due to the combination of me running 28psi pressure in the rears, the very soft track, my hitch height only being about 22", and lastly the 4 foot chain that is used to hook to the L&L sled. The chain on their sled does not give enough downward angle to be putting the proper amount of force on the rear tires to give me good traction. After looking at some of my other hooks with the VTPA sled for example, the chain on their sled pulls the rear end of the truck down A LOT more than the L&L sled chain. It was just a bad combo of things that could have cost me some serious damage and thank God it didn't.
My next one will be Ukiah on Aug. 8th and I had the truck dialed in almost perfect for that track back in '07, hopefully it hasn't changed much. Gonna make the appropriate changes for that track and hope for the best.

Joe

I even ran my rear tire pressures @ 28psi,

Well there is a lot of it, that is way to low Joe, max out the rears to the tire recomendation and give it a try.

I haven't seen your truck in a while but from the video the traction bars look pretty short, how long are they? any way to get them longer and on more of a horizontal plane? are they preloaded pretty tight?

Raise that hitch as well like you said.

The track in Ukiah will be the same :)

BBD

I think the hopping was mostly due to the combination of me running 28psi pressure in the rears, the very soft track, my hitch height only being about 22", and lastly the 4 foot chain that is used to hook to the L&L sled. The chain on their sled does not give enough downward angle to be putting the proper amount of force on the rear tires to give me good traction. After looking at some of my other hooks with the VTPA sled for example, the chain on their sled pulls the rear end of the truck down A LOT more than the L&L sled chain. .

Joe

Dual rear tires at 28psi are not going to act like a single at 28psi.

Just got back from temecula. Joe looks like you were getting too much traction. to bad my truck wasn't a dully i would trade my 410 fro your 355. at 60 mph its turning 2,000 and 115 mph at 3,200. i wonder how bad that would hurt me pulling my 5er around? Jp hope your truck isn't hurt that bad. oaborbag give the swampers a try. if you thing you might get to much traction don't drop the air down that low. you all made a good showing. try to catch you all at the next one.

Whenever I pull again I'm just going to try my swampers and leave the line hard, see if I can spin them well. Probably won't be for a bit until I go to one again. I am most likely sitting out for Turlock due to many factors, most of them dealing with JSM.

I made this post somewhere else with no response, so maybe someone here could help me out.:

"I've done 2 pulls in the last week, and both turned out really really bad, I have video's to prove it! I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong if anything, and what kind of tires I need, because I think thats the problem.

1st vid:
YouTube - 25th Annual Gustine Sled Pull. www.brownsdiesel.com
Mines the first truck. This was 2nd/lo no lock up switch, truck weighed about 6850 and didn't have any rear suspension blocks. Front tires were at 35psi rears were at 40.

2nd vid:
YouTube - Ceres Sports Arena 7/09
This was with 2" suspension travel, had 640lbs of extra weight under the back seat and used the lock up switch, you can hear me shift into 3rd and still got back up over 3k rpm. Front tires were at 30psi rears were 50psi, left them alone.

Tires are 285/70/17 bfg at's, all psi is done warm basically. So what's the problem? I lost the first pull by about 80 feet, I think I got 137, winner was 207, 2nd pull I got like 150+' winner was out the gate. As far as I know my truck has similar power to the other ones, but sled pulling just isn't working! Any help is welcomed."

What do you think?