Official Cali Sledpull thread!

CAN YOU POST OR PM ME WITH "THE GREAT SHIPMANS" SO CALLED "RULES"

This is a copy from the email he sent me I don't think the actual "rules" are posted anywhere, I looked all over the site:

we are trying to make it fair for the 8000 lbs stock diesels,, ANY MODIFACATION WILL MAKE IT A CHEATER CLASS.AND THE EXHAUST MUST EXIT UP ABOVE BED, TAILPIPE EXTENSION IS OK.
JOHN

So a truck with an edge easy, and a truck with twins and weights will be in the "cheater" class, Sounds "fair" as he put it.

oh yah i talked to chelle from ceres(l&L) and she was telling me that they were going to set some "guidlines for exhaust" at ceres. she was saying that they want diesel exhaust to go up or to the side (so the sled driver can see she stated) i told her that it should go up or down but she said down gets the chain black but they were still discussing the rule they were going to set about that. so i told her that she should post something on the forum to let every one know before the pull what the situation was going to be or discuss it at the drivers meeting and get some opinions.. . anyways just a little heads up they will proly talk about that at the drivers meeting so let them know other opinions and also if anyone remembers ask them if they change anything in the gearing or wieght from extreme to street mod. ive asked and have got different answers.... wish i could go!

This is a copy from the email he sent me I don't think the actual "rules" are posted anywhere, I looked all over the site:

we are trying to make it fair for the 8000 lbs stock diesels,, ANY MODIFACATION WILL MAKE IT A CHEATER CLASS.AND THE EXHAUST MUST EXIT UP ABOVE BED, TAILPIPE EXTENSION IS OK.
JOHN

So a truck with an edge easy, and a truck with twins and weights will be in the "cheater" class, Sounds "fair" as he put it.

not a surprise coming from him do you have his email

I don't mind traveling to pull. but my job keeps me on call 24/7 till the first of the year so its hard to plan anything right now. I will be at Ceres if i don't have to work. don't know if i will pull as my clutch is still hurting after my last trip to pismo.

I would see if you can get them to use this rule, it's already being used by MLM, and you guys want as much consistency amongst the rules as possible so your changing as little as possible when pulling with different organizations. I would certain recommend the cross bolts if there considering the side thing, which IMO is a bad idea, I have seen stuff come out an exhaust pipe

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward or downward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed in the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the final turbo as is practical. The exhaust should exit rearward of the driver's compartment.

BBD

Nice video. After watching that I'm wondering what all the white smoke at the end of my run was. Oh well truck drove home fine.

tire smoke. I thought I blew the freeze plug again when I saw all the white smoke. I noticed it all came from the back tires on your vid. You need to get some weight transfer to the front somehow.

Any reason why they didn't reset the sled?

BBD

When making my gear selection it helps to know if they are going to use the same gear or not. I asked right before our class pulled and they said they'd leave it the same. I saw joe pull 189 and knew something wasn't right (top street mod guy pulled 211). I ended up taking a lower gear.

Guys in the crowd think the gas rigs out pull us based on distances......:hehe:
I think they kind of like it that way.

ANY MODIFACATION WILL MAKE IT A CHEATER CLASS.AND THE EXHAUST MUST EXIT UP ABOVE BED, TAILPIPE EXTENSION IS OK.

I don't agree with putting everyone in the same class. What's wrong with just running it like L&L or VTPA?

tire smoke. I thought I blew the freeze plug again when I saw all the white smoke. I noticed it all came from the back tires on your vid. You need to get some weight transfer to the front somehow.

When making my gear selection it helps to know if they are going to use the same gear or not. I asked right before our class pulled and they said they'd leave it the same. I saw joe pull 189 and knew something wasn't right (top street mod guy pulled 211). I ended up taking a lower gear.

Guys in the crowd think the gas rigs out pull us based on distances......:hehe:
I think they kind of like it that way.

I don't agree with putting everyone in the same class. What's wrong with just running it like L&L or VTPA?

Yeah after watching it again I think it was tire smoke too, because yours had the same white smoke, just not quite as much. I really didn't hook up at, I guess tire smoke on dirt shows that...

But I don't agree with putting everyone in the same class either. I'd have to change my exhaust to a stack to pull in Turlock anyway. But with all of the rules turning that way I probably should anyway.

That's Turlock dude, I have never heard anything good come from that pull. The Shipman guy hates diesels for some reason and he will never give us the rules or classes we are looking for.....not sure if I will ever pull there as long as JSM is running the show.....

Joe

:redx:
Several different times, the same truck on the same day, same sled gear pulls 30-60 ft. different than the first pull...... easily the difference between first and last place.

Then you start to get guys starting rumors about running nitrous because you pulled 50' further your second pull and it's just real confusing there espcially cuz I'm just starting to really "know" my truck
*nx*:umno:

:redx:

Then you start to get guys starting rumors about running nitrous because you pulled 50' further your second pull and it's just real confusing there espcially cuz I'm just starting to really "know" my truck
*nx*:umno:

I heard you had twin pumps, nitrous, injectors, and some other mods. seriously. I'll tell you about it sometime :hehe:

I heard you had twin pumps, nitrous, injectors, and some other mods. seriously. I'll tell you about it sometime :hehe:

His truck was actually twin turbo'd that night, except the 2nd turbo was in the bed with a broken shaft;).

Funny guy here!!!!!!! Actually russ that was pretty creative! Made laugh my butt off.

dont have no engion in my truck wont make it tomaro gustine was hard on it might make it to turlock i hope with my old back up engion you all have a god time out there

Well, that was officially one of the worst hooks I have ever had. :kick: I will not be going back to Ceres ever again only due to the track. My decision to not return has nothing to do with the great Lewis brothers who always put on a great show.:rockwoot: That track is just terrible, it's literally like trying to hook a sled at the beach. WAY to soft just like Tulare. I appreciated the fact that Mike let me get another hook after my fluke of trying to attempt a 4th low launch.....just fell on it's face with the soft track and pulled 2800rpm down the track. I think need 4.10s to be able to run 4th low so, going to be sticking with 3rd low.
I will get my video up soon, got in @ 1:30am and heading to Temecula today. Just want to say thanks again to Mike and Steve Lewis for putting on a great show, went smoothly, just not as smooth as the track. I miss Newman and the Hills Ferry Raceway, that place HOOKED UP. Maybe we can get them to move their operations back there cuz Ceres is a no go for me.

Joe

You had some crazy wheel hop going the entire way.

As for me I did, terrible once again, I'm not going to pull until I can get some better tires. Everyone says these should hook up okay but I'm just getting crazy wheel speed and not going anywhere. Maybe I should just try my swampers I have just as long as they don't hook up "too" much.

Jp any news on your truck? Freeze plug?

What gears are you running Joe, 3.55's?