Official Cali Sledpull thread!

I would absolutely go to any pull on the west coast. Fallon was a roadtrip for sure but, manageable. I am looking at getting a trailer and second truck so that setting up the truck at a pull isnt so much of an ordeal anymore though. Gustine unfortunately was on a Friday which conflicted with work. ce as well, The ladies have been put on notice as well, if there is a pull that's where I am heading. Provided the truck is together and not undergoing modifications.

The truck should be done as far as mods for the season in 2 weeks. Then it's pulling time. I am looking forward to getting to as many pulls as possible next season as well. I am hooked for sure.

I quit pulling cause to many people wined about how much money i had into my truck and the rest were just a bunch of poor farm kids.

weak. Let the haters hate.

Out of curosity how many of you are willing to travel to events to support the sport, and a promoter that supports you? ......you need to be prepaired to travel from Lancaster in the South to Eurka in the North and as far as Reno/Gardnerville just over the border to the East.

when our rigs are running

BBD

Exactly......... when the rigs are running. I know a couple guys cough*coledow*cough that have trucks that could be pulling but aren't.:poke:

This year I'm somewhat limited as to what pulls I go to bc my truck is still a daily driver, and I don't have a tow rig. That should change by this time next year.

... The ladies have been put on notice as well, if there is a pull that's where I am heading.

The truck should be done as far as mods for the season in 2 weeks. .

That's it -- Lay down the law!
What are you doing to the truck?

I think your talking about Rui Esteves. I think he qualifies for the street class I could be wrong though. Are you talking about the 2008 new body style white one with the lift and powdercoat or the old body style one with boggers in the SM class?

The one they were talking about was the older style one that is really low in the front. But the LMM runs pretty good. Like I said I dont' know anything about either truck so I wasn't going to assume anything.

This year I'm somewhat limited as to what pulls I go to bc my truck is still a daily driver, and I don't have a tow rig. That should change by this time next year.

Thats kind of the case with me, it's not my daily driver, I have a beater to get around town, but no tow rig, which makes longer distances harder to manage for now. But that could change for next season:Cheer:

:what:

The one they were talking about was the older style one that is really low in the front. But the LMM runs pretty good. Like I said I dont' know anything about either truck so I wasn't going to assume anything.

i talked to the guy with the white ext cab with boggers and he told me he had a bully dog stack with something else (sounded like too much fuel and timing) why are you worried about a third place truck??? beat him while hes down*bdh*

Last edited:
i talked to the guy with the white ext cab with boggers and he told me he had a bully dog stack with something else (too much fuel and timing) why are you worried about a third place truck??? beat him while hes down*bdh*

I'm not worried about him, I need to get my own truck pulling right before I comment on anyone elses truck, just saying what I heard from some of the other pullers.

Before Saturday my truck needs to gain lots of weight and find some suspension stops...:bang

Off topic, The white duramax that pulled in extreme had a red hot turbo in its fender, wonder what his egts were like :ft:

well the cats coming outta the bag sooner or later. right now the last mod for the season is the 13mm p pump conversion. goodbye tuners. at that point the only thing left to do is get into the bottom end but that aint gonna happen on this one.

Very true, you are the guy's we want to get going and that means classes so you don't have to pull with the likes of Tom, Joe, Nick etc...

Out of curosity how many of you are willing to travel to events to support the sport, and a promoter that supports you? Classes aren't going to do crap if we can't fieled the trucks to support the class. Plain and simple if you guy's are serious you need to be prepaired to travel from Lancaster in the South to Eurka in the North and as far as Reno/Gardnerville just over the border to the East.

Again don't take this as complining but we are talking about going out side your local county fairs twice a year.

I know aproxx 6 or 7 of us who do this now when our rigs are running

BBD

not everyone has the cash flow to do these things!!!! dont take me wrong i would love to. but some of us just try to attend as many local to semi local events to keep the sport alive around here and we also spread the word and get more people to attend also, i guess im not hardcore enough!

Ya that's what I thought when I saw the truck in his avatar, good to see him pulling again.
Also I'm not picking on him but just to let Scott know Turlock pays for 1st 2nd and 3rd in the diesel class. Not sure how long they have been doin it but last year they gave me a check at the pull and if I remember correctly it was a decent amount.
And JP, even if my truck was together you know I have been busy with the pro mod cars this year, I think right now I have like 5 back to back races to help customers. But I will be out later this year.
It was Keith Silva.

Cash can be a limiting factor too but, it's like anything else. Cut back a little here and a little there and the next thing you know you have saved for fuel and an entry fee for one of the further pulls. Hence my total frozen burrito diet.

And JP, even if my truck was together you know I have been busy with the pro mod cars this year, I think right now I have like 5 back to back races to help customers. But I will be out later this year.

I hear ya. Get that thing running. We all want to see it out here.

and it's not just the hook that is addicting it's the whole process. you load up , you make your drive to whereever, you switch pulling tires, pop in your big sticks, set your suspension, walk the track and start guessing at tire pressures, looking for lines and rolls in the track. Make tech, BS with the other pullers and then the lights come on and it's time to blot out the moon with soot!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, I love it.

I'm not worried about him, I need to get my own truck pulling right before I comment on anyone elses truck, just saying what I heard from some of the other pullers.

Before Saturday my truck needs to gain lots of weight and find some suspension stops...:bang

Off topic, The white duramax that pulled in extreme had a red hot turbo in its fender, wonder what his egts were like :ft:

The headers were red hot last year too just like this yr. I know he said it was pegged on the EGT's which I'm sure is 2000 degrees or more. He also blew a boot right at the end he said. Im sure that didnt help any. The truck will be fine though Im sure.

It def. was good to see keith pulling again.

Last edited:
Ya that's what I thought when I saw the truck in his avatar, good to see him pulling again.
Also I'm not picking on him but just to let Scott know Turlock pays for 1st 2nd and 3rd in the diesel class. Not sure how long they have been doin it but last year they gave me a check at the pull and if I remember correctly it was a decent amount.

I agree the check's from Shippman are really a nice suprise to get in the mail. Especially when I was never expecting to get one in the 1st place.

Nice video, you guy's weren't kidding that sled did look heavy out of the hole.

BBD

right now the last mod for the season is the 13mm p pump conversion. goodbye tuners.

Dude, your goin' all out, guess it's time for me to start saving for the pump work to stay ahead of the competition.

Joe