Official Cali Sledpull thread!

DieselBullDog10, I am not here to argue with you and it defeats what were trying to do, if you attack me I will defend myself. I suggest we keep this on track as suggested and keep the personal attackes out of it.

BBD

I agree we need to stick together and I am trying to help speaking from past exsperince. But one person here Dieselbullyjelousinternetpuller continues to attack me, my love of the sport, and how I represent my sponsors and he knows nothing.

CSS at least listens to us, has a couple classes, and I am sure will help support and grow the sport. If you at least getting that then perhapos pay out can be overlooked untill you bring in more trucks.

BBD

I've talked to you in the past on diesel-central and other websites and have been cool with you and have no problems. I have even met you before in 2005 at a pull in Hughson. All I have a problem with you is that you complain about everything now. If you want my support for rules and few others on here than we would like to see you come out of your comfort zone and pull like you used to and make rules that we all can agree upon for this area. VTPA and Shippman will def. not listen to you if you don't keep showing up to their events and bad mouth them. Obviously if you keep saygin wrong information about me, that I am an "Internet Puller" then I am going to attack you right back.

Seriuosly fellas all this talk about having five classes for diesel pickups is overkill for the number of trucks that actually pull here in California. I am probably the most diesel friendly organization around and I am not going to do it. If the number of pullers that I could count on to travel to different shows was there, then it would be a different story. I am currently looking into the NADM rules to see what would work the best for pulling in California. In doing so, we are going to be extremely strict on enforcement. This might mean not letting some of you pull.

Just to give a little background on the pulling organizations you are dealing with, my main focus is the modified 4x4 class and trucks in general it has always been that way. However I do work closely with the Pacific Tractor Pullers Assoc., an association for tractor pullers. These are the guys that deal with the bad ass pulling tractors. The Valley Tractor Pullers Assoc. used to be the Central Valley Stock Pullers Assoc. they have always been the antique tractor guys. L&L has always been the Super stock 4x4 guys. Aside from all of this childish internet bullsh!t no one has anything against diesel pulling, it is just that everyone has their own focus.

No offense to anyone, but everyone thinks that their class is the one that the crowd comes to see. I am a very big fan of pulling and have been doing this for a long time. As bad as I think our own truck is, it is silly to think that it is any better that say a tractor with three blown chevys. It is all about seeing who is the baddest in there own class on any given day. The sled does not care who you are or what you are driving, it is going to stop you!

Someone did the math on L&L's Ceres shows, you are right, there is not enough money to make this worth while if you do not love the sport. keep that in mind next time you aren't happy with the way the scale is reading or how the sled is set. A lot of time and effort goes into each and every event so that you, we, can all enjoy this hobby that we chose to be involved in.

I've talked to you in the past on diesel-central and other websites and have been cool with you and have no problems. I have even met you before in 2005 at a pull in Hughson. All I have a problem with you is that you complain about everything now. If you want my support for rules and few others on here than we would like to see you come out of your comfort zone and pull like you used to and make rules that we all can agree upon for this area. VTPA and Shippman will def. not listen to you if you don't keep showing up to their events and bad mouth them. Obviously if you keep saygin wrong information about me, that I am an "Internet Puller" then I am going to attack you right back.

Wow Diesel Central and Hughson in 2005 that is a while ago. Dude were was I complining? and certainly tell me how I was bad mouthing them? when and if I speak about VTPA and JSM I speak with fact from previous exsperiance, and look they still haven't grown or changed anything in the past four years.

If you guys don't want my help, past exsperince, or my honest opinion on how to make the sport grow then just let me know and I will back out.

I am done, and call a truce.

BBD

Well said Brian, now watch your post count is about to go into double digits :hehe:

BBD

Seriuosly fellas all this talk about having five classes for diesel pickups is overkill for the number of trucks that actually pull here in California.

I think the majority of us have already agreed that 3 classes would be sufficient at this point. Tom cleared it up a couple pages back.

The gas rigs have several classes, and that doesn't seem to create a problem for anybody.....

4500 stock
4500 street mod
5500 stock
5500 country stock
5500 street mod
6500 street mod
6000 super stock

The tractors have several classes too.
green tractor class
red tractor class
blue tractor class
orange tractor class
old guy tractor class
little kid tractor class
redneck with a 350 chevy tractor class
lol.

If scott shows up, he's already agreed to run exhibition.

Wow Diesel Central and Hughson in 2005 that is a while ago. Dude were was I complining? and certainly tell me how I was bad mouthing them? when and if I speak about VTPA and JSM I speak with fact from previous exsperiance, and look they still haven't grown or changed anything in the past four years.

If you guys don't want my help, past exsperince, or my honest opinion on how to make the sport grow then just let me know and I will back out.

I am done, and call a truce.

BBD

Ya I don't even know if I remember my password from diesel-central anymore but thats besides the point. Always Complaining about the way they conduct the pulls and boycotting them puts a wall up and def. does not help the situation. But to move on from that I would like to know if it is a bad idea to start slowly and move from there instead of dropping the NADM rule book infront of them. Implement a few at a time. Possibly take a couple years to get where things are more organized. Not only that but classes have to be figured out for what is best suited here on the west coast. What are a few of the Major rules that are a must have and start with trying to implement maybe 3 major ones next year or two maybe and go from there. Its just an idea. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe someday in the near future have classes in a general area where everyone can agree to move forward from there. We all need to reach a common ground first and then build up I think.

I think the majority of us have already agreed that 3 classes would be sufficient at this point. Tom cleared it up a couple pages back.

The gas rigs have several classes, and that doesn't seem to create a problem for anybody.....

4500 stock
4500 street mod
5500 stock
5500 country stock
5500 street mod
6500 street mod
6000 super stock

The tractors have several classes too.
green tractor class
red tractor class
blue tractor class
orange tractor class
old guy tractor class
little kid tractor class
redneck with a 350 chevy tractor class
lol.

If scott shows up, he's already agreed to run exhibition.

They usally have a lot more trucks and tractors then we can provide.

BBD

Ya I don't even know if I remember my password from diesel-central anymore but thats besides the point. Always Complaining about the way they conduct the pulls and boycotting them puts a wall up and def. does not help the situation. But to move on from that I would like to know if it is a bad idea to start slowly and move from there instead of dropping the NADM rule book infront of them. Implement a few at a time. Possibly take a couple years to get where things are more organized. Not only that but classes have to be figured out for what is best suited here on the west coast. What are a few of the Major rules that are a must have and start with trying to implement maybe 3 major ones next year or two maybe and go from there. Its just an idea. I'm just throwing it out there. Maybe someday in the near future have classes in a general area where everyone can agree to move forward from there. We all need to reach a common ground first and then build up I think.

I didn't know that you were an obviosly big fan of the VTPA hence being so defensive to my brutally honest posts :) My apoligies.

It's great if you can get the VTPA to grow thier rules/classes but I ask this though, why would the VTPA be so intrested now when they haven't been in the past several years?

Dude, is your name Brandon ?

BBD

I didn't know that you were an obviosly big fan of the VTPA hence being so defensive to my brutally honest posts :) My apoligies.

It's great if you can get the VTPA to grow thier rules/classes but I ask this though, why would the VTPA be so intrested now when they haven't been in the past several years?

Dude, is your name Brandon ?

BBD

No my name is Alex. I am not a huge fan of VTPA necessarily but they put on a lot of local event which a lot of friends and Family comes to becasue a lot of times the faris are going on. The Farm Show with PTPA would be a great place to have a Modified class like yours and possibly an extreme I think would be a good idea especially since there are vendors at the farm show. I personally just grew up with Josh the guy with the white Dmax and have always gone to watch his family pull at VTPA events since the early 90's and his dad was a former president of the VTPA. I don't think that they are necessarily interested right at this point but you keep on them and keep attending their events and get to know people their I believe they might be open to trying out 3 classes. I think VTPA is alright for right now with the 2 classes but it may need to grow in the future but maybe Shippman can get two classes just to start out and move forward from there. Maybe an extreme and SM. I think that since they do a lot of stuff with fairs it tends to bring in the guy off the street with minor mods if any at all and then the question is what do we do with that person? and you cant just turn them away.

Just like the next guy I'd like to go watch the big diesel events like they hold back east but I think we are no where near that and we are possibly trying to take to big of a leap at the rules for right now. You have to admit we have come a ways in just a few yrs. It used to be just a few guys like bradon fenley and Phsycostroker and you scott but look at the mess of guys that got into it now. and that was only like 6 or 7 yrs ago that a few diesel trucks were pulling around here. It is taking off but not like the midwest and east coast guys.

MLM is right there is not enough trucks to run 5 classes, but 3 could be done. class 3 street stock small injectors no more than a 65 hp chip, and then go up from there. Scott knows he would be doing exhibition. what i am saying is that you cant take a truck like mine that's set up for pulling my big 5th wheel and put it up against a truck like toms or red puller. way would i want to look like a fool pulling 100ft to there 200+.

I quit pulling cause to many people wined about how much money i had into my truck and the rest were just a bunch of poor farm kids.

MLM is right there is not enough trucks to run 5 classes, but 3 could be done. class 3 street stock small injectors no more than a 65 hp chip, and then go up from there. Scott knows he would be doing exhibition. what i am saying is that you cant take a truck like mine that's set up for pulling my big 5th wheel and put it up against a truck like toms or red puller. way would i want to look like a fool pulling 100ft to there 200+.

Very true, you are the guy's we want to get going and that means classes so you don't have to pull with the likes of Tom, Joe, Nick etc...

Out of curosity how many of you are willing to travel to events to support the sport, and a promoter that supports you? Classes aren't going to do crap if we can't fieled the trucks to support the class. Plain and simple if you guy's are serious you need to be prepaired to travel from Lancaster in the South to Eurka in the North and as far as Reno/Gardnerville just over the border to the East.

Again don't take this as complining but we are talking about going out side your local county fairs twice a year.

I know aproxx 6 or 7 of us who do this now when our rigs are running

BBD

I quit pulling cause to many people wined about how much money i had into my truck and the rest were just a bunch of poor farm kids.

That's an easy one, don't listen to thier winning do what you want to do to go further, and don't let them hold you back.

BBD

I'm very new at pulling, but I've attended a lot of pulls and done lots of reading, NOT AN INTERNET PULLER!!!! LOL. But I think before we attempt to change the rules, I think we should enforce them ourselves, and try and get the word out there even more about the events coming up. There were only 16 Trucks..I believe, at Gustine which isn't a very large number.

But I think enforcing the rules they have amongst ourselves would be a start. I heard a few guys complaining about the white dmax that pulled saying he doesn't belong in the street class etc. I have no idea what he has so I have no room to talk. But that could discourage a few people not to come back.

Lastly, I would be willing to travel to events but my problem is, I have no 2nd truck to tow mine, nor do I have a friend with a truck and trailer. Everyone I know owns a car so If I broke it'd be a pretty expensive tow back home :doh:

I'm very new at pulling, but I've attended a lot of pulls and done lots of reading, NOT AN INTERNET PULLER!!!! LOL. But I think before we attempt to change the rules, I think we should enforce them ourselves, and try and get the word out there even more about the events coming up. There were only 16 Trucks..I believe, at Gustine which isn't a very large number.

But I think enforcing the rules they have amongst ourselves would be a start. I heard a few guys complaining about the white dmax that pulled saying he doesn't belong in the street class etc. I have no idea what he has so I have no room to talk. But that could discourage a few people not to come back.

Lastly, I would be willing to travel to events but my problem is, I have no 2nd truck to tow mine, nor do I have a friend with a truck and trailer. Everyone I know owns a car so If I broke it'd be a pretty expensive tow back home :doh:

I think your talking about Rui Esteves. I think he qualifies for the street class I could be wrong though. Are you talking about the 2008 new body style white one with the lift and powdercoat or the old body style one with boggers in the SM class?