Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Your right most of the people come to see the diesel trucks. there frailly new to pulling on the west coast, and they cant believe how much HP can be gotten out of a diesel. I think if they ran a diesel only event the turn out would be good, like you said the Johnny poppers are fun but after the 10Th one it gets boring.When BBD came to my home town i told every body that i could to come see the baddest diesel in the USA, after he pulled people were amazed and hooked at watching diesels pull after that. I wish BBD could make the turlock fair one year

When BBD pull es nobody wins unless he cant get it started,lol. that thing is just insane.

your proly right, but I'm willing to say that at every vtpa pull over 50% of the crowd is there for the diesel trucks and I know they love the smokin tractors! As far as Turlock goes I think they have one of the biggest crowd around here and after the diesel trucks run half the crowd leaves and I hear the talk in the stands and in the pits and most people enjoy watching us! Nothing against the gassers that's just what it is! Vtpa or shipman are STUPID if they don't want us there. The jonny poppers are cool but the crowd can only handle so many before they get bored! So I just don't understand why they wouldn't like us making a good show at their events! By the way the announcer does a good job getting the crowd amped for us at vtpa events. And once again I do agree with you but I think that's foolish of them

I don't think that they don't want the diesel's to be there. They never turn them away. I think if you were to ask them they would say we are welcome to come. Its just that VTPA started with those tractors way back when and has loyaly to them. As for the rules its never going to be agreed upon and they know it so they do not deal with it. I think your exactly right though they do have the biggest crowds for being local events and the announcer is pretty good haha. I also can understand why they want the smoke straight up in the air. The sled driver needs to be able to see and for crowd safety. Common Courtesy as well.

your proly right, but I'm willing to say that at every vtpa pull over 50% of the crowd is there for the diesel trucks and I know they love the smokin tractors! As far as Turlock goes I think they have one of the biggest crowd around here and after the diesel trucks run half the crowd leaves and I hear the talk in the stands and in the pits and most people enjoy watching us!

So use that to your advantage and stop letting them use you !!!!! What did first place pay?????

BBD

I don't think that they don't want the diesel's to be there. They never turn them away. I think if you were to ask them they would say we are welcome to come.

I would say your welcome too, cause you bring paying folks to my event, I toss you a $5.00 trophy if your lucky enough to win, and you still keep coming back :)

BBD

I wish BBD could make the turlock fair one year

I used to pull Turlock but JSM is even worse toward support diesels. he used to group everybody in one class, double if not more then any other organization to hook and that didn't include any pit passes. For me and my wife my only pit crew member it would cost us like $90 to hook hey but I did get that $5.00 trophy

Please don't take this the wrong guy's I am not just in this for the money cause there isn't any, but if the promoter isn't throwing you anything and won't even give you the curtesy of additional class there not willing to help the sport grow!!!!! The first year I got the BBD I really beat the crap out of some lady pulling her daily driven diesel suburban, obviosly we shouldn't have been in the same class, she was pissed and righfully so. I choose not to get in that situation again as it demotes the sport not promote it. Had I have know last weekend that L&L rules didn't allow tube frames I would have gladly pulled exhibition as I have in the past.

BBD

I used to pull Turlock but JSM is even worse toward support diesels. he used to group everybody in one class, double if not more then any other organization to hook and that didn't include any pit passes. For me and my wife my only pit crew member it would cost us like $90 to hook hey but I did get that $5.00 trophy

Please don't take this the wrong guy's I am not just in this for the money cause there isn't any, but if the promoter isn't throwing you anything and won't even give you the curtesy of additional class there not willing to help the sport grow!!!!! The first year I got the BBD I really beat the crap out of some lady pulling her daily driven diesel suburban, obviosly we shouldn't have been in the same class, she was pissed and righfully so. I choose not to get in that situation again as it demotes the sport not promote it. Had I have know last weekend that L&L rules didn't allow tube frames I would have gladly pulled exhibition as I have in the past.

BBD

This statement -For me and my wife my only pit crew member it would cost us like $90 to hook hey but I did get that $5.00 trophy

Trumps this statement- Please don't take this the wrong guy's I am not just in this for the money

Pull for the love of pulling. People in Turlock would appreciate seeing a show from your truck no matter if they were all grouped in one class or not. You can go exhibition otherwise they did it last year.

I could care less if i win. I pull becasue I like to pull no matter who puts the pull on. Im not a little ***** who won't attened a pull because I don't like the people who run it. Even if I am not pulling I still attend as many events as I can make to watch everyone else pull. I could care less about a trophy. If they are going to send me money like I have gotten from shippman than more power to them. Scott no ones going to listen to you or any one of your guinee pigs that you send out to talk to VTPA or Shippman or whoever else because you talk **** on them and they know it. Maybe when I win enough trophy's "If I'm lucky enough" I can build a shrine website to my truck or I mean trucks too so everyone can tell me how cool I am. All hail Scott Voorhees and his Big Bad Dodge. (I hope I didn't spell your trucks name wrong I don't want to infringe on a copyright) Real Men of Genius Salutes You.

The above is a fine exsample of an exstreamly jelous internet puller who will actully help the sport go backwards!!!!!

BBD

This statement -For me and my wife my only pit crew member it would cost us like $90 to hook hey but I did get that $5.00 trophy

Trumps this statement- Please don't take this the wrong guy's I am not just in this for the money

Pull for the love of pulling. People in Turlock would appreciate seeing a show from your truck no matter if they were all grouped in one class or not. You can go exhibition otherwise they did it last year.

Your a blind A$$ if you think I don't love the sport genius!!!! pulling in one class and beating everybody doesn't help the sport grow !!!!!

^^we need to stick together if we're going to make this work.^^

Concerning payouts...
To hook with CSS, it's $30 and that includes driver and one crew members pit pass. They average about 40 hooks per event. 40x30=$1200. Figure about 50 guys in the audience and that adds up to another $250. A couple hot dogs, soda, and other things might bring another couple hundred.

They might bring in $1500 gross.

They have to rent the track, portable restrooms, water truck, fuel for tractors (2), transport the scale, permits, insurance, etc, etc.

At the last event, CSS had at least 10 people helping run the event. There is NO money in it for them. I think it's pretty cool that we can show up and hook to a sled for $30. I can't even take my gf to the movies for that.

Are we willing to double our hook fees for a payout? I don't care either way.

The above is a fine exsample of an exstreamly jelous internet puller who will actully help the sport go backwards!!!!!

BBD

Your so full of crap Scott. How am I an internet Puller. I've attended L&L events MLM events, Shippman events and VTPA events and pulled my truck at all of these events. I have even gone to the westcoast nationals since 04 which is a PTPA event and support a friend who pulls his tractor. Just because i have not pulled this year becasue I am attending college doesn't mean I have no room to talk. If I making the sport turn backwards and go the right way to get your bull**** out of here then I'm all for it. When you had your old truck you didn't complain this much.

Looky there post #211 I quoted you before you deleted your post so folks can see how you really are :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Your a blind A$$ if you think I don't love the sport genius!!!! pulling in one class and beating everybody doesn't help the sport grow !!!!!

Well your not going to lose to anyone on this coast Scott so like I said go to the East coast and pull where your truck was designed to pull. Or are can you not hang with those guys. what benefit do you get out of having no compatition?

Looky there post #211 I quoted you before you deleted your post so folks can see how you really are :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I didn't mean to delete it I was jumping back and forth between screens on a laptop while editing I'd be glad to put it back up. I dont care if people see it.

^^we need to stick together if we're going to make this work.^^

Concerning payouts...
To hook with CSS, it's $30 and that includes driver and one crew members pit pass. They average about 40 hooks per event. 40x30=$1200. Figure about 50 guys in the audience and that adds up to another $250. A couple hot dogs, soda, and other things might bring another couple hundred.

They might bring in $1500 gross.

They have to rent the track, portable restrooms, water truck, fuel for tractors (2), transport the scale, permits, insurance, etc, etc.

At the last event, CSS had at least 10 people helping run the event. There is NO money in it for them. I think it's pretty cool that we can show up and hook to a sled for $30. I can't even take my gf to the movies for that.

Are we willing to double our hook fees for a payout? I don't care either way.

I agree we need to stick together and I am trying to help speaking from past exsperince. But one person here Dieselbullyjelousinternetpuller continues to attack me, my love of the sport, and how I represent my sponsors and he knows nothing.

CSS at least listens to us, has a couple classes, and I am sure will help support and grow the sport. If you at least getting that then perhapos pay out can be overlooked untill you bring in more trucks.

BBD