Over 1300 RWHP?

kinda funny that kyle micheals's climax has not been mentioned for power above 1000hp
iirc first person do do alot of stuff dual cp3, twins and what not...

also i believe he is the only one to twist a dmax crank in two pieces

JW3 said:
Opie,
Are you the same guy who couldnt move the sled a few years back at Muncie in the girl class?

If I remember right the sled had it's brakes on.

JW3 said:
Opie,
Are you the same guy who couldnt move the sled a few years back at Muncie in the girl class?

Ok lets set this straight! lol My father was at the helm, I just finished dynoing and he was bored so we signed up for what you call the girl class. I just wrote it off as some tough hospitality.
I drove a long way to race the 1/4 but welded the rear clutches in the transmission on that pull. I did manage to win a rather large dyno trophy and a trailer ride home. Hopefully I will be able to make next years INDY event, I would like to get some others from my area to go as well. If Pop wants to go again we will put him behind the wheel at pulling.( I will just turn the power way down.) LOL

Floor It said:
If I remember right the sled had it's brakes on.

If it did, he went on the red flag. A guy who won Super Street at Indy insisted the sled had its brakes on, first attempt. On his second attempt, he took it out of overdrive, put it in the proper gear, and won the class.

Pullers (even transplanted dyno queens in the "girl" class) tend to blame everything-officials, weather, track, sled, global warming-except what is responsible everytime for the outcome of the pull-the driver of the truck.:bang

Kyle is also the only one to light his truck on fire at Indy.:rockwoot:

Sledpuller said:
If it did, he went on the red flag. A guy who won Super Street at Indy insisted the sled had its brakes on, first attempt. On his second attempt, he took it out of overdrive, put it in the proper gear, and won the class.

Pullers (even transplanted dyno queens in the "girl" class) tend to blame everything-officials, weather, track, sled, global warming-except what is responsible everytime for the outcome of the pull-the driver of the truck.:bang

Kyle is also the only one to light his truck on fire at Indy.:rockwoot:

Both pulls are on video it didn't take out overdrive it baked the frictions in the rear drum/1st gear. I have yet to go to a pull where there wasn't some sort of drama. I think your sport thrives on it. Just like this dyno thread titled over 1300 hp. From what I have read here dynos are useless to the sled pullers yet they give us most all the drama. The sled pulling threads must be pretty boring to envade a thread that has no merit in your book. Staying on subject, it would be humorous to see your trucks hp on a load dyno. You would be dynoing in the same gear you pull in too right? :poke:

Sledpuller said:
BTW, I have yet to see any hot dog drag racers make two passes this year back to back, they break and are boring.

Gooid thing you werent in Atlanta then LOL I dont think we had one truck break.

malibu795 said:
also i believe he is the only one to twist a dmax crank in two pieces

:hehe:

Says a lot of about the duramax. When we did 1,200 hp, it was a stock short block (crank, rods, pistons, cam, and so on). No freshen up or anything.

Opie said:
it would be humorous to see your trucks hp on a load dyno. You would be dynoing in the same gear you pull in too right? :poke:

Actually, I load dynoed in direct, one gear up 412 HP, I was very impressed. That thing REALLY was a beast!!
They should be the standard dyno at all events.

Tcolesanti said:
"If" 3rd gens make sooo much HP on dyno's, or are rumored to have HP close to a DHRA Super Street truck, then why are they not any where near competitive in that class?
Just a reminder, 50-60' is not competitve.
-Tom
Tom you will feel so much beter when you just except the 3rd gen to be better:hehe: YOu should buy one and we can fix that one up too

Last edited:
hey guys I've got something for ya. Hamilton diesel is hosting a dyno event like no other, here is the outline right now will officially post later..
must be over 800hp to compete(and prove it)
must be street legal
must be a motor that came in a pick-up
no limits on power adders

two magazines will be there to cover the event(RC here's your chance),sponsors so far II,Quadzilla,PDI,Dominator,and a few more to be mentioned

here's the deal there will be several thousand dollars worth of prizes, but there is also a $5,000 pay out to the BIG DOG!!!!
So let's just see how many are over 1300hp in the country..details will be posted later...:rockwoot:

Brian Carter is darn close to 1300rwhp after what I saw.....see dragweek thread....

mysterysmoker said:
Tom you will feel so much beter when you just except the 3rd gen to be better:hehe: YOu should buy one and we can fix that one up too

Pure blasphemy Wes, plus, you really want to pull that many all-nighters again????? I got an idea, let's build it right before Vegas............

-Tom

Back