Over 1300 RWHP?

I make more than 246 HP. So there LOL

Proof is in da pud'n........ Dyno sheet please. "If" you don't have one I know where a Dyno can be found this weekend and it's FREE. ;) Actually, your truck will be with-in 100 yards of it at some point this weekend.

Since everybody here is just posting their own opinions, I think I will throw mine in here.

Who gives a rats arse about a dyno number anyway? Use it as a tool to tune if you like and to pat yourself on the back, but don't make a fool of yourself by using a dyno number to prove anything. When was the last time anybody heard anyone from any proffessional motorsport say "yeah, but mine makes 50 more hp on the dyno":blahblah1: Godzilla, this is painfull. Go to dyno events to have fun and BS with friends, but don't fool yourselves in to thinking you have proved anything with a number on a sheet of paper. I can't count how many times I have seen dyno queens get creamed at the track.

The big pullers don't use chassis dynos because they prefer engine dynos - because they are more efficient at providing the means(tuning) to get to the end(track performance) . The number itself means nothing, it is only a reference. As far as I am concerned, people who brag about dyno numbers have something to prove or big egos, the guys getting it done handle their business at the track.

As for common rails, vs. 12v, vs. D max's Vs. p pumps etc. . . . . Who cares, just get it done on race day.

This is only my opinion, and I am just an internet puller, so take if for what its worth.

Craig

I dont have anything interesting to add to this thread LOL!

Side note: Tom if I had the money and time I would gladly run my 3rd gen in the super. I think I could compete with the right charger(s) and fuel, water, rpm combo but it would be an uphill battle against the free revving inlines and I really dont think the CR injectors would take the abuse a dumb injector would in the long run......now were back to P7100's!!!LOL

Last edited:
Reb.B said:
3rd gens do make the power, but we don't have the RPM, sled pullin is all about the mid range and track speed and you need rpm for that

Heres a thought- GO UP A GEAR.

Sheesh.

Do I have to drive every truck to show people how to get it down the track?:thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :bow:

Sometimes up a gear is too much, I've seen some 12v in SS not able to use a certain gear and had to go down one because of track conditions. If we kept the 12v limited to the same RPM as the CR I think the out come would be very different! Come on Sleddy, you of all people know about RPM and sled pulling.

John

If up a gear is too much, you need to change tire size, or do whatever to get your chassis in the "sweet spot" of your engines power range.

I have pulled from 2800 to 4500 rpm, with singles and twins, and used 4 different transmission gears and tire sizes, so yes I know about rpm.

Limiting the trucks rpm that beat you, is not an option.

And has anyone ever thought that maybe the guys who can turn 5000, have spent a lot of $$$ elsewhere, and the rpm isn't beating you, its the entire package!!!:what:

Opie said:
I It's all good whether your into pulling a sled upwards of 20mph once or having several races each outing at 120+mph. Dyno's and track times often agree/compliment each other. Obviously Dyno's and pulls don't always compliment each other, if they did the self rated 1300hp pullers would be respected and rule at the dyno events.

BTW, I have yet to see any hot dog drag racers make two passes this year back to back, they break and are boring.

That said, it makes this next statement moot, but how many passes could a drag racer make, towing 40,000 pounds, wide open from the get go, until the end? No pansy upshifting and rev gaining back to peak.

Dyno-Jets simulate dragracing. Until someone brings a load dyno, I doubt you will see a puller on one.

And, it would take a big purse to entice them.

cjohnson said:
I can't count how many times I have seen dyno queens get creamed at the track.

As for common rails, vs. 12v, vs. D max's Vs. p pumps etc. . . . . Who cares, just get it done on race day.

Craig

Nice flute work Craig!!

Oh give it a break..... Low gears on DIRT are totally different than high gears on pavement and you know it! It's all about traction, either too much or not enough. If your truck(s) are soo tough, why not just pull on asphalt? .....:badidea:

Tell ya what, take a puller stick some high gears in it, some drag slicks, lighten it up and put it on the track.....no other drivetrain mods. All you need do is run a few sub 11.30 passes.... umm, if you can. When you get really competitive and have no slip at any point (1/4 mile) and live, then you have done something.

Tcolesanti said:
And "I" (this is my opinion about to be inserted here) am not too quick to jump on that bandwagon simply because I am a realist not a prophet. What is "better fuel" and "better RPM" you speak of, it sounds like some pretty space age Comp461 stuff.............

-Tom
if this is true tom, then i would love to see YOU dyno your superiour p pump against Reb, RCCX, or PDI and tell me they dont make the power

Drag racing-nothing more than street racing from the stoplight. Big deal.Nothing we all dont do every day.

Face it fellas, the ultimate truck sport is SLED PULLING!!!!!

Drag racing,, well, you may as well own a car.

inline6power said:
if this is true tom, then i would love to see YOU dyno your superiour p pump against Reb, RCCX, or PDI and tell me they dont make the power

I really don't care about dyno numbers, they are just numbers to me, take that 1100+hp and do something with it, sled pull it, drag race it, something. As far as I am concerned a dyno queen is worthless, it serves no purpose other than causing pissing matches on the boards. One more thing, I never said "my" truck has more power than everybody, you brought up my truck. Screw the dyno, I will hook to the sled against any of those trucks you mentioned.

-Tom

Sledpuller said:
BTW, I have yet to see any hot dog drag racers make two passes this year back to back, they break and are boring.

That said, it makes this next statement moot, but how many passes could a drag racer make, towing 40,000 pounds, wide open from the get go, until the end? No pansy upshifting and rev gaining back to peak.

Dyno-Jets simulate dragracing. Until someone brings a load dyno, I doubt you will see a puller on one.

And, it would take a big purse to entice them.

Maybe you have been going to the wrong hot dog races. :hehe:

Opie,
Are you the same guy who couldnt move the sled a few years back at Muncie in the girl class?

Sledpuller said:
Face it fellas, the ultimate truck sport is SLED PULLING!!!!!
Truck pulling is a "sport"? Have you been hittin the shine bottle Janene? If truck pulling is the "ultimate" anything, it would be the ultimate display of "Reasons not to breed with your cousin". The drag racing track is certainly no advanced cultural display but at least their standards preclude them from boinking cousins unless they are at least three times removed.

Sled Pulling... Special Olympics for Hillbillies.

Hey Tom, if you're going to use a font size of 50 for your bigpower Earl, don't you have to at least be able to make power? You too Sleddy. Both of you wouldn't even place in most county fair dyno events.

[Edit] A Sled Puller's Britannica

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that link duke, I see I need to move before I get arrested.

Tcolesanti said:
Screw the dyno, I will hook to the sled against any of those trucks you mentioned.

-Tom
well you do know that Reb also has a reg cab, 4x4 that also has a 1k hp as well. i think that would be interesting. like i said, i just didnt agree with you when you said that the 3gens dont make power because they do. as far as your truck goes, its kick azz. never said your truck didnt have power, i was merly trying to give you an example that they do make the power. sorry for the confusion and you are also right. the dyno is worthless unless you put your truck to the test.