Over 1300 RWHP?

make no mistake, the 3gen trucks are really going to give the SS guys some competition. not saying they are going to go out and wipe the floor with them , heck they might not ever win a pull, but they will throw some competition in the ring. i am a 2gen fan at heart, but i still think the mighty
12v is going to be king until something better comes along that can make that kinda power. yeah you can make 1000hp drivable with a 3gen, but you just cant make that p pump power the 12v guys can.

Tcolesanti said:
Listen hotrod, when I see a third gen (not Ted Sterner's) get within 20 ft (consistently) of the the likes of Brad Ingram, Robert Miller, or Rodney Tarr then you will have a leg to stand on in this battle. Listen, Sled Pulling may not give you a black and white horsepower number, but it will let you know who had more power on what day. There are plenty of well setup 3rd gen pull trucks too so don't use the excuse that the guys with the P-pumps know how to set their trucks up "better". And enough with the RPM excuse. If the third gens have 1200+ hp, then they should at least come close to the SS trucks. Face it, as it is right now, Justin Williams has the only consistent third gen pull truck. Oh and BTW, I don't care about Drag racing.

-Tom

Yawn,
Well Tom once again I feel you got it wrong with the hot rod title too. I am just a simple gear head that happened to monitor his own truck when doing both. I don't watch soap operas nor do I live through others accomplishments. I disagree with your power statement but you believe what you want its all good. Oh and BTW, maybe pullers like yourself will find out what my biggest hobby is by next $ea$on.

Opie said:
Yawn,
Well Tom once again I feel you got it wrong with the hot rod title too. I am just a simple gear head that happened to monitor his own truck when doing both. I don't watch soap operas nor do I live through others accomplishments. I disagree with your power statement but you believe what you want its all good. Oh and BTW, maybe pullers like yourself will find out what my biggest hobby is by next $ea$on.

Yawn.............. I could give a $hit as to what your hobby is next season. I gain nothing from the words I say on these boards, just stating facts. Facts are facts, make no mistake about it, every prediction you are blithering about on here are nothing but assumptions. Assumptions and claims hold no water in my book, nor should they in anyone elses (or we would all still be waiting for Joe Donnelly to hook to the sled, or to back up his run on the dyno)

-Tom

i totally understand where you are coming from Tom but you cant say you are stating facts. thats like me saying, hey if you and Reb race, he is going to kick your butt but you may whoop him sled pulling. fact of the matter is he has more HP than you do but you could beat him sled pulling cuase your truck is setup for it. not trying to start anything but the FACT is that the 3gens are making HUGE hp numbers. now we just need to get some one that has made HUGE numbers to set their truck up for sled pulling so we can all see what they can do

This is an endless battle, I am not going to continue arguing on the basis of claims. I will leave you all with this, IF they are making so much power, then why are the fastest drag racers and the best pullers mysteriously NOT running CP3's? But P-Pumps rather.

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
This is an endless battle, I am not going to continue arguing on the basis of claims. I will leave you all with this, IF they are making so much power, then why are the fastest drag racers and the best pullers mysteriously NOT running CP3's? But P-Pumps rather.

-Tom
Tom like i said in my earlier post, i still think that the 12v rule the roost, its just the 3gens are coming up fast. take your truck, are you saying you would dyno higher than say Reb? RCCX? PDI? just to name a few. they way you are saying it, you should becuase you have a P pump right? like i said, the 3 gens DO MAKE THE POWER, just not the hight p pump power of say Erik Stacy and others. but mabey with some more time they will thats all we are saying.

Tom, I thought you were a mod? Oh well I guesss I might as well say, tone it down a bit, not trying to be mean but, if you wanna fight, do it somewhere else, but please act like a mod.

Dieselson said:
Tom, I thought you were a mod? Oh well I guesss I might as well say, tone it down a bit, not trying to be mean but, if you wanna fight, do it somewhere else, but please act like a mod.

Who are you to tell me how to act, I did'nt attack you, I was simply posting my thoughts on the subject. Sorry this is'nt an "everybody jumps on the same bandwagon" site. I did'nt agree with what was being posted so I responded. Simple.

And Dukey, I am 5'6" and some change but you are right on the pissed off part.:hehe: :hehe:

-Tom

Dieselson said:

:clap: :thankyou2:

Burner said:
:clap: :thankyou2:

:homo:

Tom is stating opinion and not making any personal attacks. Sorry if you think he is out of line Burner, but just cause he is a Mod does not mean that he has to be a sweetie.

Timbeaux38 said:
:homo:

Tom is stating opinion and not making any personal attacks. Sorry if you think he is out of line Burner, but just cause he is a Mod does not mean that he has to be a sweetie.

But I thought you said he was a sweetie? :hehe:

Talk about off topic...weren't we talking about dyno numbers on this thread?

3rd gens will make the power in due time. Having the same displacement, better air flow, better fuel (not more) and RPM the CR motors will out-run/out-pull the older systems.

Burner said:
3rd gens will make the power in due time. Having the same displacement, better air flow, better fuel (not more) and RPM the CR motors will out-run/out-pull the older systems.

And "I" (this is my opinion about to be inserted here) am not too quick to jump on that bandwagon simply because I am a realist not a prophet. What is "better fuel" and "better RPM" you speak of, it sounds like some pretty space age Comp461 stuff.............

-Tom

Burner said:

Agreed, Cummins has been pretty good about upgrading several of the engine parts. One thing I have noticed is the CR's have a much better record of making it through the entire event. The more passes that are made in the faster divisions the more the upper hand goes to the CR.

Tom, the 12 valves....they fuel to what RPM? And, the 24 CR's fuel to what RPM?

Tcolesanti said:
Yawn.............. I could give a $hit as to what your hobby is next season. I gain nothing from the words I say on these boards, just stating facts. Facts are facts, make no mistake about it, every prediction you are blithering about on here are nothing but assumptions. Assumptions and claims hold no water in my book, nor should they in anyone elses (or we would all still be waiting for Joe Donnelly to hook to the sled, or to back up his run on the dyno)

-Tom

"I could give a $hit, Make no mistake about it, Facts are facts, nothing but assumptions, claims hold no water in my book."

Yadda yadduh yadduhhhh your facts are nothing but your opinions from what I have read on this thread. I have met Joe Donnelly, I suppose none of the 12v puller guys learned or ideas descended from any of the pump things that he was doing back in the 20th Century. The only facts I can draw from you bringing him up that pertains to this thread is that he probably doesn't claim to be making 1300 hp and that he actually dyno'd his truck.