Over 1300 RWHP?

Reb.B said:
3rd gens do make the power, but we don't have the RPM, sled pullin is all about the mid range and track speed and you need rpm for that

Everybody knows you can correct for that with an auto, just maybe not correct enough.

-Tom

Heard a common-rail dodge just layed down almost 1200rwhp on fuel (and water).....

Tcolesanti said:
"If" 3rd gens make sooo much HP on dyno's, or are rumored to have HP close to a DHRA Super Street truck, then why are they not any where near competitive in that class?
Just a reminder, 50-60' is not competitve.
-Tom
I think you have that backwards. If a DHRA Super Street truck is so powerful where is their big dyno numbers? I am looking forward to seeing the third gen muscle trucks do well when they invade some of the the NHRA classes. It's all good whether your into pulling a sled upwards of 20mph once or having several races each outing at 120+mph. Dyno's and track times often agree/compliment each other. Obviously Dyno's and pulls don't always compliment each other, if they did the self rated 1300hp pullers would be respected and rule at the dyno events.

:ylsuper: The near 1200 was a sled pulling truck, that's all I can say for now

wouldn't happen to be from someone in KS, near Lawrence would it?

Reb.B said:
3rd gens do make the power, but we don't have the RPM, sled pullin is all about the mid range and track speed and you need rpm for that

Oh really?

So many sled pulling experts here its unreal!:hehe:

Opie said:
I think you have that backwards. If a DHRA Super Street truck is so powerful where is their big dyno numbers? I am looking forward to seeing the third gen muscle trucks do well when they invade some of the the NHRA classes. It's all good whether your into pulling a sled upwards of 20mph once or having several races each outing at 120+mph. Dyno's and track times often agree/compliment each other. Obviously Dyno's and pulls don't always compliment each other, if they did the self rated 1300hp pullers would be respected and rule at the dyno events.
Hey genius...you see how long it takes these guys to spool those big a** turbochargers when the have a load? Try doing that on an inertia dyno.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
Hey genius...you see how long it takes these guys to spool those big a** turbochargers when the have a load? Try doing that on an inertia dyno.

Yes some time back that same concept was stated. So then the next question is why not use a Mustang dyno to prove them numbers?

you can take the same dyno same truck same day withing an hour between two runs but change the operator and the numbers will be different. The load is something that can't be reproduced from event to event. At least with an inertia there is a set standard as to the measurement of hp.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
you can take the same dyno same truck same day withing an hour between two runs but change the operator and the numbers will be different. The load is something that can't be reproduced from event to event. At least with an inertia there is a set standard as to the measurement of hp.

So you are feeling that the Mustang dyno operator maybe severly biased. Even if so the numbers could be biased either way. One would think that a know refrence would be a good thing to compare by when making changes.

Put them on a Superflow and watch them melt down...if it can load a semi, it can load a sled puller;)

Chris

Signature600 said:
Put them on a Superflow and watch them melt down...if it can load a semi, it can load a sled puller;)

Chris

:Cheer:

Opie said:

Listen hotrod, when I see a third gen (not Ted Sterner's) get within 20 ft (consistently) of the the likes of Brad Ingram, Robert Miller, or Rodney Tarr then you will have a leg to stand on in this battle. Listen, Sled Pulling may not give you a black and white horsepower number, but it will let you know who had more power on what day. There are plenty of well setup 3rd gen pull trucks too so don't use the excuse that the guys with the P-pumps know how to set their trucks up "better". And enough with the RPM excuse. If the third gens have 1200+ hp, then they should at least come close to the SS trucks. Face it, as it is right now, Justin Williams has the only consistent third gen pull truck. Oh and BTW, I don't care about Drag racing.

-Tom

The one 3rd gen that showed a decent pull in SS was the PDI truck @ INDY

Tcolesanti said:
Listen hotrod, when I see a third gen (not Ted Sterner's) get within 20 ft (consistently) of the the likes of Brad Ingram, Robert Miller, or Rodney Tarr then you will have a leg to stand on in this battle. Listen, Sled Pulling may not give you a black and white horsepower number, but it will let you know who had more power on what day. There are plenty of well setup 3rd gen pull trucks too so don't use the excuse that the guys with the P-pumps know how to set their trucks up "better". And enough with the RPM excuse. If the third gens have 1200+ hp, then they should at least come close to the SS trucks. Face it, as it is right now, Justin Williams has the only consistent third gen pull truck. Oh and BTW, I don't care about Drag racing.

-Tom

Next year there will be a truck crawling up their a$$ and threw it in the SS class! RPM is a real excuse for the 3rd gens not being able to compete with the 12v's. You can have all the power in the world but if you can't get out of first gear it won't do you any good!!

John

Floor It said:
Next year there will be a truck crawling up their a$$ and threw it in the SS class! RPM is a real excuse for the 3rd gens not being able to compete with the 12v's. You can have all the power in the world but if you can't get out of first gear it won't do you any good!!

John

Sounds like a Duramax claim to me. Speaking of which I thought this was "The Year of the Duramax"..........................

Listen, I am not saying 3rd gens running with SS class is impossible, but the truth is, it has not been shown yet. And BTW you better be packin more than 1200hp if you think you will be crawling up anyones a$$ in SS.

-Tom