over heating tranny stumper for u guys???????????help

Ok. I must have missed that part. Just throwin ideas out.

I appreciate the effort though. we have been ruling out as much as we can so it doesnt end upbeing somthing minor and we did a ot ofwork for nothing

I have no more suggestions but i still stand by my original solution, install a factory-type liquid to liquid heat exchanger in-line before the front cooler just like the factory setup.

And FYI, most guys with twins do not delete the heat exchanger, most either relocate-it to under the front bumper or buy/build a smaller towing setup that will clear the factory heat exchanger. Most of the "delete" guys, are racing their trucks and don't have to worry about idling in traffic for 5 minutes with a tight converter.

How about put in a shifter and slide it into neutral whenever you come to a stop.

That's what I do...

Secondly i don't think u need to chime in saying u have built 300+ trannies like u are some big shot tranny guy. U came off like an ass. Not very professional for somebody with expertise.

See, That's the problem AGAIN with typing...you really do not know how I sound and or how I came off.

What I will say is this. People on most of these boards with a problem usually leave a valuable piece of information out. Instead of fixing the problem with all the stock pieces in place they go about changing things up and then come here asking for help. After some of us here try and help, come to find out a modification done or another area is to blame.

You should of taken care of this before removing the heat exchanger and then some of us would not have mentioned it. Jim mentioned earlier that he has done it with no problem and he has been around for years. I have seen him post since the TDR days which has been over 10 years for me so while I may not post much I have seen it all on all the boards.

So know you are faced with a problem and really need some help.

Remove and check all your tranny cooler lines, make sure they are bent or crimped. Check your air to oil coolers, make sure there are no obstructions. I don't know which ones yo have. If they are in good condition than your tranny is the issue. Bad TC. Bad VB, Could even be bad front pump.

You have and old style tranny temp line. Put a pressure gauge on it and put it in drive. If you have anything more that 5-10 psi outlet pressure in drive your TC is suspect!

Never said I was a big shot, just a little back ground. I may sound like an ass and I am at times. I am very professional at what I do and stand behind ALL of my work. You did ask for people who were experts or had background on this and I do.

Did not read this whole thread but is the gauge reading correctly? Seeing that it is mounted in the cooler line is the sender grounded properly if it is a one wire unit. Check the gauge with a infared heat gun.

Malcolm

Did not read this whole thread but is the gauge reading correctly? Seeing that it is mounted in the cooler line is the sender grounded properly if it is a one wire unit. Check the gauge with a infared heat gun.

Malcolm

we did use an infrared heat gun. the gauge is accurate.

thanks

ok ran some flow tests today. With the truck in park at idle. put the line coming from the cooler into a gallon jug and filled it in about 30 sec. then did same test with truck in drive and p brake set. filled it half the time so its def flowing fluid.

I'd definately recommend dual fan type coolers mounted in the bed or under the truck somewhere with bigger lines! That will cool you down in no time.

What do you have for line pressure? Just a thought i dont think anyone has said. Try running a hose over the air cooler and seeing if it helped?

What do you have for line pressure? Just a thought i dont think anyone has said. Try running a hose over the air cooler and seeing if it helped?

line pressure is at about 150 to 175 psi depending on driving condition. Not sure of line pressure as far as the cooling circuit. we actually did that with the hose running water over it and was able to maintain 200 degrees(hot Line) per my guage and infrared heat gun.

yeah. some people have to learn the hard way. me being a good candidate. but i am making a remote cooler with a derale unit as we speak. I still like the fact that i freed up room in the engine compartment.......at a small chunk of change though.

Back