P-pumped with cr head picture

CL2000

I think it was on here Im getting ready to put my motor in and Im about to get my head back from the machine shop. I think some one on here did a 24v with a cr head and a p pump....I have searched and searched and nothing.Im looking for the pictures to see how much cutting and welding had to be done so the pump would clear the head.

Thanks,
Chad

the ports don't look any different... port the 24v, have no interferance problems, and not worry about dropping valve seats

They do flow better you can see big differance from the cr head to my 24v head...Only reason i did it was I got a low miles head for $300

I believe John Robinson of Texas Diesel Power had a thread on this with pics awhile back.

Use the Search Feature.

So your using a VP44 block with a CR Head and your doing a P Pump conversion Am I getting this right?

the ports don't look any different... port the 24v, have no interferance problems, and not worry about dropping valve seats

Forrest,

I believe the main difference is the intake. The 24v has a lot of obstruction compared to the CR head. I've always heard the CR flows better, but I don't believe I ever saw any flow numbers to back it up.

i have seen a 06 p-pumped engine with twins = a throbbing sensation down there... drool... smiles...oooohh yeahhhhh

Alright well I have not done this nor know anyone that has? P Pump kits for the CR Block and VP44 Block are different but seeing how easy it is to swap the heads and still use a VP44 I think you're fine with a VP44 P Pump conversion kit.

Alright well I have not done this nor know anyone that has? P Pump kits for the CR Block and VP44 Block are different but seeing how easy it is to swap the heads and still use a VP44 I think you're fine with a VP44 P Pump conversion kit.

Yeah it will work fine im getting some custom delivery tubes so i can use the standard lines from scheid. Some where a while back someone i think did the same thing im doing and said the pump hit the head and the intake plenum had to be moded.

Yeah it will work fine im getting some custom delivery tubes so i can use the standard lines from scheid. Some where a while back someone i think did the same thing im doing and said the pump hit the head and the intake plenum had to be moded.

Talk to BigDodge before you start buying or having tubes or lines made. He'll tell you what you need to know.

I think it was on here Im getting ready to put my motor in and Im about to get my head back from the machine shop. I think some one on here did a 24v with a cr head and a p pump....I have searched and searched and nothing.Im looking for the pictures to see how much cutting and welding had to be done so the pump would clear the head.

Thanks,
Chad

I wish you guys with more money than me would stop stealing my ideas! LOL

I've been getting parts together to do this very thing, got most everything now. I have not seen a thread with pics though, but do remember someone saying there was some clearance issues. Don't even recall what thread it was in.

But if you find something please post it here too.