P-pumped with cr head picture

I wish you guys with more money than me would stop stealing my ideas! LOL

I've been getting parts together to do this very thing, got most everything now. I have not seen a thread with pics though, but do remember someone saying there was some clearance issues. Don't even recall what thread it was in.

But if you find something please post it here too.
I wished I had more money than you.....Its taken me a year to do this and its still not done. I just do lots of side work. I cant find anything but ill have my head back this weekend and Ill see if it hits and how bad.

Just be happy Yalls P Pump kits for a VP44 Block is alot cheaper then our CR conversions.

Chad give me a call when your down at the shop. If you actually pick up the parts this time.

Chris should be bringing the head back this weekend.Ill call you when I head down there Jason.

Well I set the head on tonight and it does hit the pump pretty good. I cut a hole in the intake about 4" long and 2.5" wide to clear the govenor housing. The fuel shut off pin that goes through the pump will also have to be cut flush to clear. Ill take some pics and post them up if anyone wants to see.

Just be happy Yalls P Pump kits for a VP44 Block is alot cheaper then our CR conversions.

Who said you need a kit? I think if you use a quality engine builder with a good machine shop it isn't that costly.

Some pics

Attachments

• The new motor 002.jpg
    The new motor 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 221
  • The new motor 003.jpg
    The new motor 003.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 203
  • The new motor 001.jpg
    The new motor 001.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 180
Anyone else have any more info on this. Sure seems like alot of work! Does the CR head flow that much more air to make it worth it?:poke:

Who said you need a kit? I think if you use a quality engine builder with a good machine shop it isn't that costly.

To convert my CR cost alot more thn say using a 12 V Block or Converting a VP44 Block for a P Pump

If you are really looking to buidl A LOT of power, then I say YES!!

If your goals are a bit more modest then maybe not.

i think if you are going to be building BIG power you will use a 2 valve head. the 4 valve setup works good to a point but there is only but so much that you can take out of them and the valve train will only do but so much. IMO.

i think if you are going to be building BIG power you will use a 2 valve head. the 4 valve setup works good to a point but there is only but so much that you can take out of them and the valve train will only do but so much. IMO.

To what point is that? 24v heads make big power. One of the main hold ups on the 12 valves is the head. They cant flow a ton of air near as good as a cr head can.