p-pumping a CR motor

I think most of the meltdowns on the 03/early 04 s are injector related and not some mystery melt like in the later ones. I melted #3 and didn't even realize it till the head came off for another reason(valve seat). There is clearly 8 hot spots on my piston, obviously the injector hung open for a period of time.

So what injectors do you use with a cr/p-pump conversion? Im looking at doing this also and looking at a kit form instead of using a 12v cover even though it would be considerably cheaper probably.

So what injectors do you use with a cr/p-pump conversion? Im looking at doing this also and looking at a kit form instead of using a 12v cover even though it would be considerably cheaper probably.
24v. The cover it's self isn't that expensive.

Has anybody been able to get ahold of this power house diesel? I may just put new pistons in mine and sell it as a complete running motor then p-pump a 24 valve.

What kind of prices have you found on the CR conversion covers? The only price I have found is the one from Woodruff at $2100.

The only ones that I have found are PHD 4700.00 for the kit/labor/tuning and Woodruff 2100 for the cover.

The PHD is a good option, or you could find a qualified machine shop and have them install a 12V cover on a CR engine.

Can anybody tell me what just the cover from PHD would cost? I have left a couple messages with no answer...

Same here. I sent him a PM a few weeks ago and have got no reply.

Just talked to Ted, he said he has been having some phone problems, but I did get a price on the front cover, but he needs to get a couple orders at once to get some made. $1200 for the front cover alone.:rockwoot:

The PHD piece moves the pump further away from the engine, so I don't think that prebent lines will work.

The PHD piece moves the pump further away from the engine, so I don't think that prebent lines will work.
No but the pump will clear the head. Not too hard to bend lines, not sure you just couldn't modify the pre-bent ones. Everyone I helped him do we just custom bent lines.