P2149

so your saying ,you brought these injectors "new" and only have 12,000 miles on them ?
and when last checked ,they were on the border of being good ?

wow how can that be ? 12k .i saw a guy sellin a set on here said they only had 10k ,but if thats the case why take the chance .

and what brand are your injectors ,i want to make sure i stay away from that brand !

All new injectors are Bosch doesn't matter what retailer you get them from....

The return rate is a tad higher this time vs the first time they had them.He said that they are not that bad that the truck should not start.

I understand what you are saying now. The return wasn't bad just a tad higher than last time they checked them. Nice to hear they keep good records of there testing.

wow but only 12k and showing wear ? than what are mine like with 143k.

but i would also highly doubt .thats why its not starting .i could see it maybe running on 3-4 cyl but to not start ,the whole system would have to be contaminated .

Got the injectors back and got them in,still won't start.Looks like a different cp3 is the next thing to try,I do have one on the way.

Well that's disappointing to hear.

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

Well that's disappointing to hear.

Yea it was pretty much a kick in the dick.I was prepared this time tho,I had my cup on haha.

Just curious if anyone knows...If a ecm is bad,will it communicate with anything.My Insight works fine and the scanner's never had a problem loading up,just trying to put a good ecm out of the picture.

What is the fuel rail pressure showing on the scan tool while your cranking?

Take the pipe off between the cp3 and the fuel rail and orient it so you can catch fuel onto a container that measure ml's. Crank the engine for 30 seconds, (make sure the batteries are fully charged). How much fuel did you get? Should have a minimum of 180 ml.

Done did that and got over 500 ml,filled a water bottle and some..Battery are new and have charge.

Ok, One of 4 things is happening. 1: The injectors (1 or more) are returning too much fuel and not letting rail pressure to build. With your snap-on scanner, fuel rail pressure has to come up to "fuel set pressure" This is the point that the ECM will start firing the injectors.
2: The fuel rail pressure sensor is not reading correctly and fooling the ECM into thinking that rail pressure is not coming up.
3: The cp3 is not able to build the pressure the ECM wants to see.
4: The fuel pressure relief valve is bad and bypassing all the fuel back to the tank.

What you need is a kit to measure the return rate of the injectors. It is a couple special fittings the separate, basically, the injector return from the cp3 return. The return rate from just the injectors should be no more than 180ml/minute. You also need those caps to cap the injector lines off at the rail one at a time and see what your rail pressure does then using the scan tool.

Just for grins, take the line off of the relief valve (be ready to catch the fuel that comes from the line) and see if any fuel is coming out of the relief valve.

Got a good cp3 and fca on today.Truck started and went to 3k-4k rail pressure,would not go any higher.After about a min the truck died as I watched the rp just slowly drop.

Noticed some fuel leaking from around my sensor,so I pulled it out and re toqured it.Started he truck as got the same results.Once it dies you can't just turn it back on,after it shut off I tried unplugging the fca and it still wouldn't start.

Is the lift pump running? What is the fuel pressure going to the cp3 ?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Is the lift pump running? What is the fuel pressure going to the cp3 ?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Yes it is running,checked by my autometer and I had good pressure at the cp3.That is where my fuel pressure sensor is.

I was pretty sure a new pump wasnt gonna fix it.

But why did it start with this pump and not the other ? I am thinking the next step will be to cap the rail and or replace the cross over tubes.

Went out little bit ago and cranked on it for about 20 seconds and it started,low rp like yesterday it did idle longer today.While it was running I unhooked the fca and it made no change at all.

So I took a test light and checked the fca harness plug with the key on,never had any power.So I cut the plug off stuck it on a battery and the plug was fine,checked the bare wires after I cut the plug off with the key on and never got any thing on my test light.Going by the manual it should make the test light blink.

So now it is looking like a harness or ecm:doh:

Update

I ended up pulling the harness and ecm which was sent to Lee.Something was wrong with the fca drive circuit,it was fixed.I am just waiting to get everything back so I can install it.

Update

I ended up pulling the harness and ecm which was sent to Lee.Something was wrong with the fca drive circuit,it was fixed.I am just waiting to get everything back so I can install it.

Glad you got it figured out now, sucks it was that though

Wow, what a whirlwind. .

Let us know when you get it back.