Painting my truck, with pics

Finally started the fun stuff! Shot the cab/front end in epoxy primer, then high build urethane. The truck is baking right now, but looking good doing it. I'll get pics when the fumes clear out.:rockwoot:

really good work bro. just out of curiousity how much space are you working in? I thought about doing mine in the garage but it would be tight to say the least.

really good work bro. just out of curiousity how much space are you working in? I thought about doing mine in the garage but it would be tight to say the least.

My Garage is 28x50ft, but I have alot of quads, lawnmowers, junk taking up over half of it. Sad thing is that I have a 50ftx100ft garage out back with 17ft ceilings, but no doors, no floors, no heat yet.

Looking good. Chasis saver says to just knock the loose rust off with a wire wheel or brush and then spray it. They recomend not sandblasting the stuff from what I read in the pamplet.

why not sand blast the frame?

Product is meant to kill rust in its tracks. I was told by the guy who sold me the Zero Rust, to just scratch off the loose paint & apply the product. I don't think ZR is meant to be applied to clean bare metal.

Did you have any bed rust you had to fix 724? I went to the body shop today cuz I have a spot on my rear wheelwell that started to bubble about 4 months ago. I wanted to get quote on the repair of the bed and ask how much to paint my new rollpan. The guy says 2k cuz he will have to hang a whole new bed side. :bang

Did you have any bed rust you had to fix 724? I went to the body shop today cuz I have a spot on my rear wheelwell that started to bubble about 4 months ago. I wanted to get quote on the repair of the bed and ask how much to paint my new rollpan. The guy says 2k cuz he will have to hang a whole new bed side. :bang

Just very minor pits behind the taillight & a few small spots on the wheelwell, nothing major. I am gonna sandlast them, treat them with Picklex & epoxy primer. Have you thought about getting the rust repaired & just get Line-x sprayed on the lower section of the truck? You can have them spray up over the wheelwells also, just like fender flares. This is what I'm getting done, like this.

View attachment 14055

View attachment 14056

Last edited:
Lookin dang good man......Can't wait for the finished product!

Thanks. I've been blocking the roof, recoating with urethane, then reblocking. I'm about ready to shoot the jambs, but weather has been too cold to paint. I'll get more pics soon.

mine is doing the same thing but i dont see why they would need a whole new skin just sand blast the spot and fix

I guess I will go ahead and paint my other fenders for my Suburban when I install the Cummins in it soon. If they turn out good I'll repaint the whole dang truck.