Painting my truck, with pics

Thats it! Prowler burnt orange! I couldnt think of the name of the car! Rumor is dodge painted so many prowlers that color and had some paint left over, so they went ahead and sprayed a few trucks!

Thats it! Prowler burnt orange! I couldnt think of the name of the car! Rumor is dodge painted so many prowlers that color and had some paint left over, so they went ahead and sprayed a few trucks!

I have a PPG color chart book here, I'm gonna see if I can find that color. What years was it available?

I have a PPG color chart book here, I'm gonna see if I can find that color. What years was it available?

2000-2001 from what I have read. It was prowler color orignally and made it on to all Dodge/ Chryslers model but the number of 2500 CTD models is very low.

This is all AFAIK.

Wow that looks great!!! Id let ya do my truck when your done with yours!!!!!!!haha I hate body work with a pasion, so i commend all you guys that have the patients and motivation to do it!! Cant wait to see it done!

Wow that looks great!!! Id let ya do my truck when your done with yours!!!!!!!haha I hate body work with a pasion, so i commend all you guys that have the patients and motivation to do it!! Cant wait to see it done!

Thanks man. After doing one truck & seeing the work involved, I don't think I'll be ready to do another one any time soon.:hehe:

thats looks good. its nice to see someone take the time to do it right. i work in a body shop, my dad is a painter and we have a shop at home. eventually im gonna do this to my truck. but that looks great.

thats looks good. its nice to see someone take the time to do it right. i work in a body shop, my dad is a painter and we have a shop at home. eventually im gonna do this to my truck. but that looks great.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Nice day today. I got the last 2 doors in primer & ready for sanding, then the paint will fly....on the jambs anyway. Then I'll be ready to hang the doors & get them adjusted/working properly. Then the cab, front clip will be ready for the next nice day.:rockwoot: I would shoot them today, but MY STEELERS GOT A SUPERBOWL TO WIN!!!:rockwoot:
View attachment 14336

View attachment 14337

View attachment 14338

View attachment 14339

Last edited:
I painted the plastic on my bumper, along with the door handles and mirrors today. I just went with gloss black. It looks great I will post some pic tomm.

Jamie, are you gunna spray your handles and trims the same color and the truck?

I painted the plastic on my bumper, along with the door handles and mirrors today. I just went with gloss black. It looks great I will post some pic tomm.

Jamie, are you gunna spray your handles and trims the same color and the truck?

I'm not putting any trim back on. The Line-x will go up to the body line. I never thought about painting my handles. HMMMMM.

I wonder if thats why when I ordered my 02 and I looked for that color it wasn't offered in the dealers computer? I knew Dodge used that color in the past, I just thought they quit offering it in 02 just to piss me off, LOL

Sorry, I ment like your handles mirrors tailgate handle and thingS like that. My truck is naked, I hate trim. If you spray your handles and chit use Bulldog. It works great. It's a promoter, flex agent and tie coat all in one!

I sure wish I knew how to post up pics so I could show you. Im starting to get pissed!! :bang

Sorry, I ment like your handles mirrors tailgate handle and thingS like that. My truck is naked, I hate trim. If you spray your handles and chit use Bulldog. It works great. It's a promoter, flex agent and tie coat all in one!

I sure wish I knew how to post up pics so I could show you. Im starting to get pissed!! :bang

Go to www.photobucket.com and start a free account. Upload your pics and then post the link to your pics... its super easy.

I've used Bulldog before, that stuff is awesome! I might spray the handles & stuff, never really thought of it. I'm removing the lower plastic cover on my bumper & smoothing it out. To load pics, go to "Post Reply at the bottom of the screen. Then click on the picture of a paperclip at the top of the text box, click browse then hit upload once you choose your attachment.

it's looking real good!!!! Can't wait tell you get it all done and put back together to see the finished product!!!!