Painting my truck, with pics

Looks good! How many coats of clear did you put on?

I put 3 wet coats on everything, including the roof.
it's looking real good!!!! Can't wait tell you get it all done and put back together to see the finished product!!!!

Thanks. I just can't catch a break in weather. It is gonna be 16* Wednesday. I probably won't have good weather till spring by the looks of things.

Supposed to be in the 40's for a few days starting around Fri., I'll try and send some of that warm(er) weather your way Jamie so you can get some paintin done.
Lookin good so far. :rockwoot:

Supposed to be in the 40's for a few days starting around Fri., I'll try and send some of that warm(er) weather your way Jamie so you can get some paintin done.
Lookin good so far. :rockwoot:

I can't get the garage hot enough to paint unless its 32* outside or better. Its gonna take me a few evenings to get the doors on & adjusted properly. I'm not gonna rush it now. I've got all winter to finish it & I'm not too far from done. I could get it done in a couple days, but I'm not gonna rush it now. I talked to the Line-x guy & he said not to paint the parts gettng line-x'd. He said the paint would need 60 days to fully cure before he could spray them. Thats good news for me because I won't need to prep below the body line.

There has been a change of plans!!!! I found rust on my inner bedsides which would need to have a new panel welded in to make it right. Today I called "The Chop Shop" & I ordered a solid rust free bed & a front passenger door [couldn't pass it up for the price he quoted me]. He is delivering the bed & door in 2 weeks. He said that since I'm a return customer & paying cash $1000 for both parts delivered from Georgia. Doing it right boys, doing it right!:rockwoot:

That truck is going to last you a life time! Don't rush the end. you have plaenty of time.

My bed, door will be here in 2 weeks, I'm adjusting doors & sanding my frame till then. Stay tuned.

Hows your project coming along?

Well I got the engine and that out of the suburban. I'm getting ready to preasure wash all of the engine bay and that and start mock up for my mounts. The Ford has been put on the back burner until I get this one done. I have most of it just finding time and money to get the rest together.

Well I got the engine and that out of the suburban. I'm getting ready to preasure wash all of the engine bay and that and start mock up for my mounts. The Ford has been put on the back burner until I get this one done. I have most of it just finding time and money to get the rest together.

Tell me about it. I put about $5k in my project now & I'm still going. I don't care though, I'll have a rust free truck with 30k miles on the engine, 1k miles on the rebuilt nv4500 when I'm done. Just like a new truck again.:rockwoot:

My new windshield is going in tomorrow [wednesday] $185 installed with new weatherstrip.

Tell me about it. I put about $5k in my project now & I'm still going. I don't care though, I'll have a rust free truck with 30k miles on the engine, 1k miles on the rebuilt nv4500 when I'm done. Just like a new truck again.:rockwoot:

Exactly my thoughts.

Windshield turned out great!! I told the guy that I didn't want no foreign knockoff. He installed a PPG for me with new weatherstrip....Gotta support the Burgh!