Painting my truck, with pics

:clap::clap:

Looking good .....

Thanks man. I'm about to leave to meet the guy in Cranberry. I'll be getting the last door ready to spray in the next few days. I'll get more pics up soon. I haven't done jack to the truck other than sell all my bumpers & spare parts, and install the new turbo.:rockwoot: The body is nice & straight now, but can't go any further till the door is on.

If my wife wasn't pregnant, I'd show you guys what a hillbilly woman can do.:hehe: I know she would do it, just to show me that she "Was raised on a farm".:hehe:

You got one of them head strong girls too huh? :hehe:

Cant wait to see ur new bed and door!! You got lucky on your meeting point, Im gunna have to meet him in Toledo.

it took 4 of us to man handle my buddies into the garge that sucked!

I have taken my bed off twice with my brother-in-law. We did use my sister once to put it back on, as a 3rd set of hands helped balance it. Maybe these MO boys, should have grown up on a farm in Indiana! LOL.

You got one of them head strong girls too huh? :hehe:

Cant wait to see ur new bed and door!! You got lucky on your meeting point, Im gunna have to meet him in Toledo.

Yeah, my wife is a true cowgirl....hard headed as hell.:hehe: My meeting point was 2 hours away. I did get lucky though, he gave me the tailgate & bedliner with the bed. :rockwoot: The parts do have some minor dents, but there is zero rust & the bottom of the bed still shines like new.

Here are some pics of the new bed & door that I picked up last night. Not a spot of rust on either piece! Best part is that he included a bedliner, taillight & rust free tailgate. Look at the pics of the bottom of the bed, absolutely spotless even around the wheel tubs. The bed does have a scrape by the taillight, but very shallow & easy to repair. I'm excited!

View attachment 15023

View attachment 15024

View attachment 15025

View attachment 15026

View attachment 15027

View attachment 15028

View attachment 15029

View attachment 15030

View attachment 15031

View attachment 15032

View attachment 15033

Last edited:
What an undertaking. Have you had any 2nd thoughts about it? It'll turn out great but I'd get bummed in the middle for a while

SWEET!!!! Those parts look super clean

Yeah, I am very happy with Daves products. He treats me right. I had to unload your door to get my door out. I think it was your door anyways.....Black door with silver bottom? Your door is every bit as clean as mine, very nice!

What an undertaking. Have you had any 2nd thoughts about it? It'll turn out great but I'd get bummed in the middle for a while

No second thoughts. It's just hard finding time to do it between work & trying to balance time with my son/wife. I had a month of waiting for my parts & now I'm ready to rock! I got the door stripped down today & just about ready for primer....possibly tomorrow after work.:rockwoot:

looking nice. Im going to be getting mine repainted also.I dont have the skills like you to do it myself so its going to cost me but owell. I just picked up a bed for $500 no rust at all. came all the way from down south lot better than the salt rused out ones up here in Wisconsin. I didnt think $500 was to bad plus its only got 1 minor dent. Keep up the good work Its going to look bad a**.

looking nice. Im going to be getting mine repainted also.I dont have the skills like you to do it myself so its going to cost me but owell. I just picked up a bed for $500 no rust at all. came all the way from down south lot better than the salt rused out ones up here in Wisconsin. I didnt think $500 was to bad plus its only got 1 minor dent. Keep up the good work Its going to look bad a**.

Thanks man. You got a good deal on your bed. I got the door & bed for $1000.

Hope you get some time to finish it.

I had the day off today & I primed the last door. I added too much thinner though & it cracked up on me [shrinking]. I scraped it off, sanded it down & reshot it this afternoon. Turned out good this time....I'll be painting the jamb tomorrow night. Hopefully.:hehe:

Sounds like someone got in a bit of a hury.:hehe: I've done that before to many times.