Painting my truck, with pics

Its suppose to be in the 60s around here the next few days. Hope you get that warm weather.

Its suppose to be in the 60s around here the next few days. Hope you get that warm weather.

Here too, but rain all weekend. Metallic paint + Rain = :umno: I put the door on after work today & pulled the truck outside in the sun. Your not gonna believe this one! After stripping the door due to the primer cracking....the sun showed me that the problem was still there. I saw the cracking primer in a few places. I stripped the entire door down to bare metal [outside skin, not the painted jamb] this time & I got it ready to spray primer AGAIN! :bang

Man that really sucks. Well atleast you caught it now and not when you were done. I'm guessing it had some kind of oil build up or something for the primer to crack?

Man that really sucks. Well atleast you caught it now and not when you were done. I'm guessing it had some kind of oil build up or something for the primer to crack?

I think it was bad primer to be honest. It was thicker than the other quart & sprayed kinda dry.

I'm crossing my fingers....just got done priming the door. Its been baking for 1 hour & no signs of cracking yet. I think I got it done this time. I'm hoping to paint this weekend. No rain on Saturday!

Got it sprayed today.:rockwoot: It is baking right now at 85*. It turned out great! I'll get some more pics when I pull it out into the sun. The bottom is still in primer because its getting black Line-x. I did get a run in the drivers door & I missed 2 very small dents, but I am very happy with the results. I was surprised that there isn't much dust, guess the jumper cables from my body to a ground rod I pounded into the fllor worked. :hehe:

View attachment 15239

View attachment 15240

View attachment 15241

View attachment 15242

View attachment 15243

View attachment 15244

View attachment 15245

View attachment 15246

Last edited:
That turned out nice. I think I would have the bottom line X'd in grey or silver if they could. I think that would really set it off.

Andy

Thats what I figured. Yeah if your doing black wheels and that it should really pop.