Painting my truck, with pics

What color Line-X? are you gonna do black or same color or what?

Sorry for hijack, How long does the color stay in the line-x without fading?

Yeah line-x is good stuff! I had it on my rockers on my other truck! i would go with color match or something like a Dark Charcoal grey! that would look sick too!

Yeah line-x is good stuff! I had it on my rockers on my other truck! i would go with color match or something like a Dark Charcoal grey! that would look sick too!

I've heard good things about Line-x. If it holds up to its reputation, this truck should last forever. It has all rust free metal, coated on the inside with Zero rust....I may have this truck till I drop.:hehe:

I think you should do black line-x and leave the decal off between the rear and front windows. IMO they look a LOT better with them off.

I think you should do black line-x and leave the decal off between the rear and front windows. IMO they look a LOT better with them off.

I've been playing with my paint program. Here are a few black pics....they just don't look right to me with the painted bumper.

27.jpg

23.jpg

Copy of index3.jpg

Looks good with that sport bumper "J":rockwoot:

I haven't painted my bumper yet because I'm still undecided on color. I just don't think Line-x on the front bumper will look right either.

Copy of orange truck.jpg

I started on my bed yesterday. I painted the bottom of the bed with Zero Rust, then started body work/sanding. I'm gonna get the bed done while I'm still trying to decide what I wanna do.:bang

My personnal input on the bumper is,I wouldn't line-x it...I would paint it the regular base/clear as your truck....Then both of us could complaint about rock chips...:hehe:I was told to color line-X my sport bumper.The only problem if you want to go the other way.how do you remove it without destroying the bumper.Some how I don't care for the line-x on the bumper even if its colored the same as the body paint.

My personnal input on the bumper is,I wouldn't line-x it...I would paint it the regular base/clear as your truck....Then both of us could complaint about rock chips...:hehe:

I've never put so much thought into a paint project in all of my life. Its driving me crazy!!! Its mostly my brother telling me "If you get color matched Line-x, that truck will be the ugliest truck around". :bang I honestly think color matched will be too much orange personally...I agree with him on that. I just can't figure out how to make the painted bumper blend in.

Hmm...looking at your picture...Unless some sort of graphic(no stick on crap).Some sort of graphics on your base coat before you clear it....Instead of any line-x......This is where we need Jeff Foose.:1tooth:...I have a idea for that color buts its not coming into mind...yet...How about some of your female friends...They seem to have a good eye for color...

Hmm...looking at your picture...Unless some sort of graphic(no stick on crap).Some sort of graphics on your base coat before you clear it....Instead of any line-x......This is where we need Jeff Foose.:1tooth:...I have a idea for that color buts its not coming into mind...yet...How about some of your female friends...They seem to have a good eye for color...

I know how to do graphics/murels. I'm not into that look though. After replacing all of the rust, its getting Line-x no matter what.:hehe:

Get the line X sprayed on and color match it. It will look great, tell your brother if he says one more thing about it your gunna throw his turbo off of a 6 story building!!

BTW if you line X that sweet ass sport bumper Im gunna talk to Phil and see if we cant delete this thread. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Get the line X sprayed on and color match it. It will look great, tell your brother if he says one more thing about it your gunna throw his turbo off of a 6 story building!!

BTW if you line X that sweet ass sport bumper Im gunna talk to Phil and see if we cant delete this thread. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

C'mon man. :hehe: I am just hooked on getting black Line-x. I think it would look great with the orange, really set it off. Maybe its the cheap side in me....color matched costs more.:hehe: