Painting my truck, with pics

C'mon man. :hehe: I am just hooked on getting black Line-x. I think it would look great with the orange, really set it off. Maybe its the cheap side in me....color matched costs more.:hehe:

How about silver on the bottom. From the pictures you have of it in just orange and primer give a pretty good idea of what it would look like. Do you have fender flares or what are you using there?

How about silver on the bottom. From the pictures you have of it in just orange and primer give a pretty good idea of what it would look like. Do you have fender flares or what are you using there?

Yep, fender flares are going back on. I spoke with the Linex guy today. He said "Did you ever think about doing charcoal grey?" I have been considering dark grey, then paint the flares & bumpers dark grey to match.

You & my brother would get along great.:hehe: Thats what he says.:Cheer:

Well you wouldnt wanna ruin all your hard work by color matching now would you! :hehe:..j/k man it will look good either way you decide

Well you wouldnt wanna ruin all your hard work by color matching now would you! :hehe:..j/k man it will look good either way you decide

Hey, I'm with you man. I think orange might be overkill, unless I picked just the right color to set it off.

Yep, fender flares are going back on. I spoke with the Linex guy today. He said "Did you ever think about doing charcoal grey?" I have been considering dark grey, then paint the flares & bumpers dark grey to match.

I think that would look good, I would just do the flares and bottom half though and do the bumpers orange. I got a two tone truck though so I am kinda partial to that.

I think that would look good, I would just do the flares and bottom half though and do the bumpers orange. I got a two tone truck though so I am kinda partial to that.

I'm really considering this. I'm just taking my time with my decision as I'm painting my bed. I've been fixing all the dings in the bed today.

Jamie, did you see the new pics of Kman's truck in the sled pull section? That thing looks bad ass! Your truck is almost the same color, so tell me how it would be to much orange?

Here maybe this will help with your decision, it is IC-Smoke's truck the way it used to be painted with the 2 tone on the front bumper.

cee8.jpg

Then the way it is now with the silver area now black line-x, and the bumper all green.
IMG_0669.jpg

I think I would just make the bumper cover the orange color, flares orange color, and line-x the bottom in black or charcoal.

Rick

Jamie, did you see the new pics of Kman's truck in the sled pull section? That thing looks bad ass! Your truck is almost the same color, so tell me how it would be to much orange?

Yep. I already used my paint program on it as well.:hehe:

Copy of 103_0359.jpg

Here maybe this will help with your decision, it is IC-Smoke's truck the way it used to be painted with the 2 tone on the front bumper.

cee8.jpg

Then the way it is now with the silver area now black line-x, and the bumper all green.
IMG_0669.jpg

I think I would just make the bumper cover the orange color, flares orange color, and line-x the bottom in black or charcoal.

Rick

I think you are right, looks better now then with 2 tone bumper.

my opinion.

the Sport bumper MUST stay the color of the truck or it loses the effect that a sport bumper gives.

Do you want your truck to have that CLEAN look or are you looking for a nice TOUGH looking truck.

Most people these days are going for that clean look but it really comes down to personal preference.

I definitely wouldn't do the fender flares or bumper have you considered just doing the bottom 4" instead of the whole bottom? I think the whole rocker panel is too much on a nice light colored truck.

Here's an example
101_0907-1.jpg

Lavon

my opinion.

the Sport bumper MUST stay the color of the truck or it loses the effect that a sport bumper gives.

Do you want your truck to have that CLEAN look or are you looking for a nice TOUGH looking truck.

Most people these days are going for that clean look but it really comes down to personal preference.

I definitely wouldn't do the fender flares or bumper have you considered just doing the bottom 4" instead of the whole bottom? I think the whole rocker panel is too much on a nice light colored truck.

Here's an example
101_0907-1.jpg

Lavon

I go up alot of gravel roads & alot of them are fresh gravel unpacked [new construction] I have the fender flares for a reason, believe me. I also drive alot of salt covered roads, this is why I'm getting it Line-x. The rockers had alot of stone chips. I am definately into the clean look. I will probably build custom bumpers this summer anyways, if the sport doesn't look right.

That pic that Lavon posted is great. Why not just go that high Jamie? That is the most problematic spots anyway. You dont need to line X all the way up to your bed rail LOL

I know it might not be practical for you application, but what about that "Star Shield Armor"(Clear 3M protective film)? You could then just do the 4" high line-x on the rocker and do the "Star Shield" stuff the rest of the way up.

I go up alot of gravel roads & alot of them are fresh gravel unpacked [new construction] I have the fender flares for a reason, believe me. I also drive alot of salt covered roads, this is why I'm getting it Line-x. The rockers had alot of stone chips. I am definately into the clean look. I will probably build custom bumpers this summer anyways, if the sport doesn't look right.

after seeing this truck in person a couple times...it just makes me sick to look at my own...his truck is spotless

IMO i dont like sport bumpers for a "work" truck...are you going for a work truck theme or a sport truck theme...to me there is a big difference and i wouldnt want to combine the two