Painting my truck, with pics

I believe that he meant to say "Don't spray the bedliner on the sport bumper & ruin it." Atleast thats what I got out of his statement?

Haha, yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I was thinking about spraying mine black too, but a friend talked me out of it and I'm glad he did. I actually prefer the sport bumper.

I think your truck looks very good.

Thanks, yours is gonna look awesome once you finish it up. Mine is alright when she's clean, it's all the salt up here that hurts me. It slowly eats away at her. One day I'll get a southern truck with no rust and go through everything to make sure it stays that way.

Thanks, yours is gonna look awesome once you finish it up. Mine is alright when she's clean, it's all the salt up here that hurts me. It slowly eats away at her. One day I'll get a southern truck with no rust and go through everything to make sure it stays that way.

Instead of buying a rust free truck, I decided to build my own. :hehe: I had too much money in this truck to give it away. It has 30k miles on the new engine, maybe 1000 miles on the tranny/clutch. I know its a old truck, but to me its worth every penny I'm throwing at it.

I got my bed ready for primer. I'll be shooting it some time this week, after my brother gets his truck out of my garage.:bang I cleaned up my wiring under the hood, then painted my cowl, inner fenders & block. I just gotta paint the valve cover & airhorn orange & that will be done. I also set the bumper in place to get ideas on color.:bangSD532315.jpg

SD532316.JPG

SD532312.JPG

SD532314.JPG

SD532321.JPG

SD532322.JPG

I think the way you have it now as far as the bumper being black looks really sharp. It sets the rest of the truck off as to not get too much orange. When the gray that is there now is done with black Linex. The truck will look very sharp. Just my opinion thought.
Great job so far

I think the way you have it now as far as the bumper being black looks really sharp. It sets the rest of the truck off as to not get too much orange. When the gray that is there now is done with black Linex. The truck will look very sharp. Just my opinion thought.
Great job so far

Thanks. I'm considering something like this.
SD532315.jpg

When I first bought my truck it had a similar silver color bedliner on the rocker panels. Then when I hit a deer and had to redo some of it, I decided to switch to black. I definitely prefer the black, rather than color matched. Also, don't do the sport bumper, I think that looks ugly as sin. And definitely use Line-X, none of that cheap crap. I was low on cash and used Vortex, never again will I use that, Line-X is far superior to any other brand, imo. In a perfect world, my truck would be charcoal or graphite with the rockers Line-x black and Bushwacker fender flares. Here's a couple pics of before and after.

Well here is your perfect world minus the fender flares!, new truck has no Line-x but has fender flares! LOL
7.jpg

dscf1522_068.jpg

Color match the bumpers to the rest of the truck and do the bottom and over the fenderwells in black........Or silver, that would be my preference.
IMO, the bumpers need to be the same color as the truck. It adds to much contrast if you paint them a different color than the rest of the truck.

Just my $.02.

Either way, it's coming along nicely. :rockwoot:

Color match the bumpers to the rest of the truck and do the bottom and over the fenderwells in black........Or silver, that would be my preference.
IMO, the bumpers need to be the same color as the truck. It adds to much contrast if you paint them a different color than the rest of the truck.

Just my $.02.

Either way, it's coming along nicely. :rockwoot:

You don't think it looked funny in the pic?

You don't think it looked funny in the pic?
Personally, I wouldn't do anything over the fenderwells, just on the bottom of the body, but since you already have the fenders prepped for the LineX, (at least I think you do) then you'll have to do sumthin unless you just repaint the whole fender 1 color. That's why I said the bottom and the fenderwells in my previous post, otherwise, I would just do the bottom of the truck.

The paint scheme on duckhunter_1100's truck is like what I'm referring to.

Again......Just my $.02

Personally, I wouldn't do anything over the fenderwells, just on the bottom of the body, but since you already have the fenders prepped for the LineX, (at least I think you do) then you'll have to do sumthin unless you just repaint the whole fender 1 color. That's why I said the bottom and the fenderwells in my previous post, otherwise, I would just do the bottom of the truck.

The paint scheme on duckhunter_1100's truck is like what I'm referring to.

Again......Just my $.02

I have it prepped to go over the fenders because I have fender flares which cover that. My fenders got rusted because the flares hold water, now it will have protection from that. The more I look at the pics, the more I agree about the 2 tone thing. I think it does look better if the bumper is orange. Back to plan "A".

SD532303.jpg